Squid Game - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolutely loved it! I liked how it was brutal without being to graphic (apart from some scenes) and all the littles details. Just wish I understood Korean to fully understand everything and appreciate the actors performance even more.

If you are debating on watching or not definitely watch it but with subtitles. I watched the first episode again in German then English and the dubbing is ridiculously bad.

Reactions: 8
Yeah agree with watching it in Korean with English subtitled. We did the first episode dubbed before switching and found the experience much better with their original voices

Reactions: 7
Yeah agree with watching it in Korean with English subtitled. We did the first episode dubbed before switching and found the experience much better with their original voices
It is unintentionally hilarious with subtitles and dubbing. The subtitles bear no resemblance to the dubbing. Money Heist is the same!

Reactions: 3
received_170667681899732.jpeg

Just finished it! Everyones gonna do Squid Game for Halloween aren't they lol

Some thoughts:

Gi Hun and Mr Sexy Policeman are well fit - hope the policeman isn't really dead as we didn't see his body 👀
duck Sang Woo, all my homies hate Sang Woo 😡
The licking scene in the honeycomb game made me so uncomfortable, I skipped the slow-mo licking scenes 🤣
Predictable but a fun watch - I sped up some of the talking scenes by x1.25 because they all talk so slow, especially that damn old guy
Speaking of the old guy, I hated the twist, what was even the point of that?
STATE OF GI HUNS HAIR AT THE END, OMFG I HATED IT
Fave ep was the tug of war or the marble game #justiceforali

Also what shape would everyone have picked? I would've totally gone star (but would have considered picking the umbrella first)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Anyone else think the male main character actors were all so handsome 😍
I follow them all on Instagram and they are so different from their characters

Anyone else think the male main character actors were all so handsome 😍
I follow them all on Instagram and they are so different from their characters
Yes! I do too and the one that surprised me the most was Heo Sung-Tae who played Jang Deok-su…he’s such a sweetheart in real life!!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
ngl i put it on as everyone was speaking about it, thought i wasn’t even going to enjoy it all. i hated money hiest with the subtitles and all that. so i thought this was gonna be the same - i can confirm that i loved it 🤣. i think it was after red light green light game i was hooked! finished it all in one day ☺☺

Had to watch after all the hype, watching online so the only option is with subtitles, no dubbing, really feel this is the best way to watch it.
Half way through episode 8 and can’t believe who the Front Man is. Not sure how that happened.

Reactions: 2
Just binge watched in 2 days to see what the fuss was about and loved it. Episode 6 broke my heart and made me cry which I didn't expect I loved player 1 😂
I did think it was a bit obvious with Gi Hun that every game he had a very last minute issue, could have let him sail through one at least

Not sure how I feel about a 2nd series, a prequel could work how it all started maybe

Just binge watched in 2 days to see what the fuss was about and loved it. Episode 6 broke my heart and made me cry which I didn't expect I loved player 1 😂
I did think it was a bit obvious with Gi Hun that every game he had a very last minute issue, could have let him sail through one at least

Not sure how I feel about a 2nd series, a prequel could work how it all started maybe
A prequel would be amazing!

My thoughts!

I honestly thought majority of the men on there were beautiful!! The policeman! The guy who plays the game with him at the train station too 😻😻😻 SEXY!

Also hated the old man twist, literally why? I didn’t think it worked and I also hate the age old storyline of ‘we’re so rich the only pleasure we get in our life is doing fucked up things like killing people’ been done so many times before 😴

The VIP American acting has to honestly be one of the worst performances I’ve seen in a long time 😂😂😂 the accents were so OTT and almost seemed fake? Also some of the script was so strange ‘wow, it’s a bigger version of the bridge’ ehhh??

Agree with the tattler who said the red hair at the end was tragic - I actually didn’t really like the ending- I would have liked him to have taken the main gals little brother (can’t remember her name) more under his wing rather than dumped with the old lady - hardly keeping to his end of the promise!

I finished it a while ago, first series I’ve been totally addicted to. I started Alice in borderland afterwards as I saw loads of recommendations but I felt like I didn’t connect with the characters as much! Maybe it’s because I fancied half the cast of squid games though 🤣😍 it was soooo good! I cried loads watching episode 6 😢

There’s no plans for a second season (source: I teach Korean kids), it’s all designed to be a political statement about North and South Korea and the disparity in money between rich and poor. He just didn’t want to end it with : “and he lived happily ever after.” I don’t know that I “enjoyed” it but I was totally fascinated and would love a prequel!

If I didn't have an anxious composure I certainly do now after watching this. Absolutely brilliant writing and performance 👏 Love how major companies are referencing squid games in their social media posts, kept me laughing for days 😄

Haven't read the full thread yet as I've only just watched E6 "Gganbu", but just wanted to say I was not prepared for that much intensity and emotion from a game of marbles 😭

• Sad

I'm up to Ep 7, Ep 6 with the marbles did me in!

Going to do Ep 8 and 9 tonight :cool:

• Wow