“Spiking” in bars and clubs

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Im glad im not the only one suspicious. I dont doubt there's a lot of spiking but there's no verified reports or proof of the injections and not only that ive seen multiple people sharing posts about a mothers daughters cousin being injected and now having HIV and people being deliberately injected with dirty needles? It stinks to me and reminds me of the 80's mass panic to be honest. Find it strange timing when clubs have just reopened too and i do feel sorry for staff in clubs if this boycott happens, when i worked in nightclubs if we were quiet we got sent home.
I'm also not convinced of the spiking-by-injection thing. For those who are vaccinated, remember how much you really could feed that needle and it took a few seconds to inject it in - it's extremely implausible someone could inject a substantial amount of the type of drug used to incapacitate someone without them or anyone around them noticing or only feeling a "scratch".

I could believe in some psycho needle-sticking people or something but it seems unusual to me that one claim went viral on Twitter recently and suddenly people all over the country are remembering being injected in a club.

Reactions: 10
I'm also not convinced of the spiking-by-injection thing. For those who are vaccinated, remember how much you really could feed that needle and it took a few seconds to inject it in - it's extremely implausible someone could inject a substantial amount of the type of drug used to incapacitate someone without them or anyone around them noticing or only feeling a "scratch".

I could believe in some psycho needle-sticking people or something but it seems unusual to me that one claim went viral on Twitter recently and suddenly people all over the country are remembering being injected in a club.
Exactly and if these girls are being injected in the leg they wouldnt have a wee dot or scratch surely? Ive had injections in my thigh and they bruised like a witch 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 3
Exactly and if these girls are being injected in the leg they wouldnt have a wee dot or scratch surely? Ive had injections in my thigh and they bruised like a witch 🤦🏼‍♀️
Particularly by someone doing a haphazard drive-by injection on the stealth, as opposed to a trained professional in daylight who knows what they are doing and can still cause pain and bruising.

Reactions: 5
Most spiking is with alcohol. Shots being added to drinks. Drink spiking with drugs by strangers is pretty rare. Again, not saying it doesn't happen because it does. The thing is that when you point out to people that spiking by injection is not a thing they seem upset with you. It's a GOOD thing that it's not happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
The more I think about it the more absurd it is to say they are being spiked by a needle... One. You'd def feel the scratch and insertion of the needle. Two. To release the drug the needle would need to be in the muscle and that takes a while.

Injecting something is not a quick job. A scratch from a needle will do duck all. The skin and muscle needs to be punctured. Sorry but I am calling bullshit on the injection version of the story.

Reactions: 1
Most spiking is with alcohol. Shots being added to drinks. Drinking spiking with drugs by strangers is pretty rare. Again, not saying it doesn't happen because it does. The thing is that when you point out to people that spiking by injection is not a thing they seem upset with you. It's a GOOD thing that it's not happening.
Predatory men who secretly ply women with alcohol they didn't consent to drink to get them fucked up is far more common than drug spiking but then suddenly that's our fault for not being more careful, isn't it! It's not addressed as "spiking" and it's not taken as seriously and it's bullshit because it is far more common.

• Angry
I was spiked when I was 18 and woke in hospital. I have no idea what happened between me drinking a drink and waking up. Terrifying.

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
I was spiked when I was 18 and woke in hospital. I have no idea what happened between me drinking a drink and waking up. Terrifying.
I also had something similar happen to me on a night out as a teenager, I got separated from my friends on the way out (I have absolutely no memory of why I left without them but I have to assume I went with someone?) and ended up having a seizure from whatever I'd been given. Thankfully some kind people found me and got me to hospital and I was fine the next morning.

• Sad
  • Heart
Can I just ask the obvious question - if you think you got spiked, then who was it? Because if it was done to try and shag you then the the most obvious culprit would be the guy who was chatting you up or bought you a drink. Otherwise, what's the point? Some random spikes your drink and walks off, what do they get out of it?

Okay, well, if it's just for the fun of bleeping you over then why not chuck something really nasty in your drink. You know, something that'd make you tit yourself uncontrollably - wouldn't that be a better 'laugh'? Or hell, if they're a real a psycho, kill you stone dead. If these guys can get their hands on elephant tranquilizers then they get their hands on other tit too from the same joke shop.

But never hear of anything like that. It's always something that seems to reasonable being blind, blackout drunk and only occurs to women in a bar, never a coffee shop or milkshake parlour 🤔
when it happened to me, my friend had gone off with her boyfriend and left me with his friends. One of his friends got me a drink. They were from a rough part of the town I’m from, where drugs are rife so I can imagine it’s easy to get ahold of something like ecstasy or some kind of benzo or ket. Who knows why he did it, possibly for fun to see me make a fool of myself, possibly so he could take advantage. Luckily my friend came back shortly after getting the drink. It wasn’t a case of blacking out, I remember pieces like where one minute I was dancing and the next my legs just refused to hold me up and just uncontrollably vomiting once I was outside.
When it happened with my friend she had one drink with us and was with my sister whilst a couple of guys chatted them up. One guy offered my sister a drink- she refused it because she’d not seen it poured at the bar and wasn’t sure what was in it. My friend took the drink instead and the guys left our group. Within 15 minutes or so she’d passed out in the bathroom and was in and out of consciousness. Whatever was in that drink was really nasty, she could barely walk, was throwing up and really upset her stomach. She still felt tit three days after.

Personally, and this could be me being cynical, but I think some guys do it when chatting you up as though it will “get you in the mood” or make it easier for you to say yes to their advances. the amount of people that don’t know that it’s not okay to take advantage of someone who is so intoxicated they can barely stand is astounding. I don’t think they even go into it realising they if they were to take a girl home after dropping something in their drink and getting her completely blackout, it would be classed as rape. Especially if they haven’t used GBH or rohypnol - because they’re the date rape drugs they’ve heard about on the news.

I think others do it for a laugh to see you stumping about and making a fool of yourself. And I think others are already on some kind of gear themselves and think it’s really nice of them to share to get others around them to their level or whatever.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 2
Someone once has probably injected a stranger. Some sicko might go around poking people with pins which seems more likely. It is also common to come home covered in unexplained scratches after a night out.

On the needle thing as I’ve read a lot of people say you’d feel it, the needle would be huge etc. After surgery a few years back I had to inject myself with blood thinners. Tiny needles and small syringes that don’t go into muscle, just a fatty area. Unlike other injections I’ve had these were painless and quick. No bruising, no sting - nothing. A very different experience to the usual injection scenario.

Reactions: 6

I didn't feel my first vaccine, I was surprised when she said it was over.

There is a few people on social media claiming all the girls 'injected ' now have HIV. I am sure it takes around 3 months for a positive HIV test.

Reactions: 3
Critical care nurse wants to remain anonymous for fear of backlash due to speaking sense backed up by medical fact. Says it all.
She's right too. She'd be crucified on social media if she was named

Whether its by needle or slipping a Mickey Finn into a drink it's bleeping despicable. Sometimes I really really hate men. (yeah yeah yeah, NAMALT - but a bleeping lot of them ARE)

Reactions: 8
It was discussed on Loose Women and it was said that 25 women a week are drugged in social situations. Brenda Edwards said she was drugged when she was 18 and it was not due to alcohol as she was drinking soft drinks at the time.

Reactions: 2