“Spiking” in bars and clubs

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The spiking by injection is not happening. What we're seeing is mass hysteria. One girl claims it happened to her, it goes viral and people pick up on it. It doesn't make sense, it would be virtually impossible to drug someone in this way
I’m really sorry, but it is happening. I live in a city where it has happened. The city is not large so it is not “mass hysteria” here. This kind of dismissive attitude is almost as bad as the university’s.

It makes me really sad. I don’t usually come on to other threads, but this one is really close to home and I thought it would be helpful to actually say that it is occurring and that women (young girls in this situation) are being targeted in addition to raising awareness of how victim blaming is going on by large institutions.

I will bow out now. 😔

Reactions: 15
I’m really sorry, but it is happening. I live in a city where it has happened. The city is not large so it is not “mass hysteria” here. This kind of dismissive attitude is almost as bad as the university’s.

It makes me really sad. I don’t usually come on to other threads, but this one is really close to home and I thought it would be helpful to actually say that it is occurring and that women (young girls in this situation) are being targeted in addition to raising awareness of how victim blaming is going on by large institutions.

I will bow out now. 😔
I'm not saying that drink spiking doesn't happen. I'm talking about injection spiking. The needle would need to be huge. The injection would have to go through the muscle, a very large amount of liquid would need to be injected. It would not be a scratch.

Reactions: 8
Maybe the “injections” are happening but it’s not for the purpose of spiking? I’m sure when I was younger I’d hear stories about people being purposefully infected with diseases by being stabbed with a needle.

Reactions: 4
Maybe the “injections” are happening but it’s not for the purpose of spiking? I’m sure when I was younger I’d hear stories about people being purposefully infected with diseases by being stabbed with a needle.
People are reporting feeling a scratch. I can't think of anything that could be scratched just onto the skin that would incapacitate someone.

Reactions: 1

I will bow out now. 😔
Thank you for saying this Tunnel. I don't "know" you, but I feel like I know you well enough from other threads to know that you are genuine and you know what you are talking about.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
A friend of mine got spiked at the weekend, it's terrifying how much it's happening I'm already irresponsible when I drink I'd rather just not go out right now.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
It’s horrible. I was spiked in 2004 and still have just vague recollections of the night. I know the bouncer carried me out and just left me on the street. Luckily my friend was there. Then a few years later my friend accepted a drink from a stranger, it was her second drink of the night and it was clearly drugged. She was in such a bad way I took her to a and e where she collapsed in the corridor. No one came to help me- I had to try and bring her round and half carry her to the waiting area. A and E staff just treated her like a drunk despite me insisting she’d only had 1 drink prior. Didn’t offer a test, said she’d have to request one through he police or something.

I get that some girls do go out and get in those kinds of states through alcohol alone but its frustrating that not even people in a care setting aren’t willing to hear people out. But also the responsibility is always on the potential victims to be more safe and it’s rarely about prevention. I know the perpetrators are probably hard to catch but surely there’s more that can be done.

Reactions: 11
It’s horrible. I was spiked in 2004 and still have just vague recollections of the night. I know the bouncer carried me out and just left me on the street. Luckily my friend was there. Then a few years later my friend accepted a drink from a stranger, it was her second drink of the night and it was clearly drugged. She was in such a bad way I took her to a and e where she collapsed in the corridor. No one came to help me- I had to try and bring her round and half carry her to the waiting area. A and E staff just treated her like a drunk despite me insisting she’d only had 1 drink prior. Didn’t offer a test, said she’d have to request one through he police or something.

I get that some girls do go out and get in those kinds of states through alcohol alone but its frustrating that not even people in a care setting aren’t willing to hear people out. But also the responsibility is always on the potential victims to be more safe and it’s rarely about prevention. I know the perpetrators are probably hard to catch but surely there’s more that can be done.
Not aimed at you personally but I find it really difficult to believe that perpetrators are that hard to catch given how CCTV'd up everywhere is now. I know CCTV isn't always the greatest picture but still

Reactions: 1
Mine was spiked when I was 18 in a bar with just one friend, I had one drink and about 30 min later had to ran to be sick, I had never been sick when I was drunk before so found it weird. I went back to my friend and felt a bit light headed. I went back to the bathroom and passed out in a stall, I thought I had been there 10 minutes, turned out it had been about 2 hours while my friend tried to reschedule the taxi we had booked. From then on I was obsessively careful about watching my drinks, terrifies me that nowadays that wouldn't even be enough to protect me

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
There was a report released years ago that called bullshit on the spiking hysteria: Drug rape myth exposed as study reveals binge drinking is to blame.

Obviously that wasn't welcome, the absence of any actual evidence, and was met with the usual screeching that the entirely personal and self-diagnosed claims of women, should be believed over any actual scientific study of the matter.

Do I think there's guys out that'd take advantage of drunk women? duck, yes.

Do I think they've got access to the sort of drugs a secret agent would envy, and the skill and gumption to administer them undetected in rooms full of people and under CCTV surveillance? Gimme a feckin' break. And now they're injecting women on the hand - what with, a needle & syringe or their secret agent injection ring? :rolleyes:

I'm skeptical about the needles being the cause of being so incapacitated, as a nurse I can't think what would do that to someone so easily and I haven't seen any reasonable suggestions as to what the drugs might be. They could be being spiked in their drink at the same time but I'm on the fence until someone can explain to me how this would work.

Reactions: 9
Obviously spiking happens, and I'm sure it's not that rare, but I do think a lot of young people will be suprised how alcohol can effect you depending on how much you've eaten etc- I'm a 5'1 and slim woman, I once went out without eating that day without thinking and collapsed after two pints of beer, which you wouldn't think was possible but it happened to me. I hope they do test these girls and see what it could be they could have been injected with because it does seem unusual.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
This seems terrifying but I'm not sure I believe it tbh. Why would these people try a new, more difficult method of spiking? It is hard to inject a person especially, in a busy dark club. It is, as the evidence shows, really easy to spike a drink so I don't see why anyone would try to make it more difficult. I'm not saying it definitely hasn't happened nor that it couldn't happen, just that I don't believe that it is happening regularly up and down the country.

I do, however, think that people should be properly searched on entry into clubs and bars. I used to work in a bar and we used to confiscate so many dodgy looking bags of white powder and pills.
Glad I am not the only sceptic. I believe spiking happens of course in the traditional sense. It happened to my mum at an event we were at! She had two glasses of wine then when we went to get a taxi, she was stumbling and falling asleep in the car. Woke up the next morning and couldn't remember a thing.
But injections are hard to do...i just find it hard to believe men would choose to do this over throwing a clear liquid in a drink.

Reactions: 3
Glad I am not the only sceptic. I believe spiking happens of course in the traditional sense. It happened to my mum at an event we were at! She had two glasses of wine then when we went to get a taxi, she was stumbling and falling asleep in the car. Woke up the next morning and couldn't remember a thing.
But injections are hard to do...i just find it hard to believe men would choose to do this over throwing a clear liquid in a drink.
Yeah, I'm not doubting these women were spiked, just doubting that the method was injection. I can understand why there is panic about it though, it sounds terrifying and dystopian, especially when the news is full of the abuse of women

• Angry
Can I just ask the obvious question - if you think you got spiked, then who was it? Because if it was done to try and shag you then the the most obvious culprit would be the guy who was chatting you up or bought you a drink. Otherwise, what's the point? Some random spikes your drink and walks off, what do they get out of it?

Okay, well, if it's just for the fun of bleeping you over then why not chuck something really nasty in your drink. You know, something that'd make you tit yourself uncontrollably - wouldn't that be a better 'laugh'? Or hell, if they're a real a psycho, kill you stone dead. If these guys can get their hands on elephant tranquilizers then they get their hands on other tit too from the same joke shop.

But never hear of anything like that. It's always something that seems to reasonable being blind, blackout drunk and only occurs to women in a bar, never a coffee shop or milkshake parlour 🤔

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
This seems terrifying but I'm not sure I believe it tbh. Why would these people try a new, more difficult method of spiking? It is hard to inject a person especially, in a busy dark club. It is, as the evidence shows, really easy to spike a drink so I don't see why anyone would try to make it more difficult. I'm not saying it definitely hasn't happened nor that it couldn't happen, just that I don't believe that it is happening regularly up and down the country.

I do, however, think that people should be properly searched on entry into clubs and bars. I used to work in a bar and we used to confiscate so many dodgy looking bags of white powder and pills.
Im glad im not the only one suspicious. I dont doubt there's a lot of spiking but there's no verified reports or proof of the injections and not only that ive seen multiple people sharing posts about a mothers daughters cousin being injected and now having HIV and people being deliberately injected with dirty needles? It stinks to me and reminds me of the 80's mass panic to be honest. Find it strange timing when clubs have just reopened too and i do feel sorry for staff in clubs if this boycott happens, when i worked in nightclubs if we were quiet we got sent home.

Reactions: 5
Can I just ask the obvious question - if you think you got spiked, then who was it? Because if it was done to try and shag you then the the most obvious culprit would be the guy who was chatting you up or bought you a drink. Otherwise, what's the point? Some random spikes your drink and walks off, what do they get out of it?

Okay, well, if it's just for the fun of bleeping you over then why not chuck something really nasty in your drink. You know, something that'd make you tit yourself uncontrollably - wouldn't that be a better 'laugh'? Or hell, if they're a real a psycho, kill you stone dead. If these guys can get their hands on elephant tranquilizers then they get their hands on other tit too from the same joke shop.

But never hear of anything like that. It's always something that seems to reasonable being blind, blackout drunk and only occurs to women in a bar, never a coffee shop or milkshake parlour 🤔
When it happened to my mum we think it may have been a man she knew from work. We had no evidence though and no idea why he would do it. I was actually at the event with her as was my stepdad. My mum and I recalled going to the bathroom before she was feeling off and there were two women who seemed really drunk and falling around, after it appeared my mum's drink had been spiked we wondered if the same thing happened to them.

• Wow
Reactions: 3