Spice Girls

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This year marks the 25th anniversary of Wannabe! ✌🏻 Girl Power! ✌🏻
Were you a fan? Did you hate them? Any tea?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
LOVED! They were everything weren’t they! I have a Girl Power tattoo because of the Spice Girls

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I loved how funny they all were together, they‘d always bring the fun. This interview is hilarious. Especially Victoria at around 3:18 ....

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It was genuinely unhealthy how OBSESSED I was with them at one point 😳

As for tea... no tea from me but I always remember this bitchy anecdote from Popbitch lol:

April 8, 2004 – According to the latest Popbitch newsletter, former Spice Girl Emma Bunton was recently sitting in a London bar having a drink when approached by a group of fans holding up a camera. “Sorry Emma…would you mind?” they asked. “Not at all”, Emma replied, getting up graciously to pose for photos. Instead the “fans” cruelly handed her the camera and posed for the photo they wanted Bunton to take just of them.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I was in my forties when they first appeared ,(I am very old) and too old to be a fan but I liked them and thought they were fun. I worked with a fan of theirs and I bought her a Spice Girl calendar as one of her leaving gifts!

Reactions: 8
I loved how funny they all were together, they‘d always bring the fun. This interview is hilarious. Especially Victoria at around 3:18 ....

Jamie: “I can’t seem to be able to turn on the TV...”
Victoria (interrupting): “Why?”

I always liked Victoria during interviews in the Spice Girls days. She had a very dry sense of humour

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Spice Girl calendar
Somewhere in a box in a closet are all the full set of original Spice Girl dolls (played with), a pink Spice Girls watch, and an unopened box of whatever brand those suckers were back in the day....wonder if they have any value now?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I briefly shared the same hairdresser as Posh. he said she was lovely and very different to her image. He liked going to their house as they'd created a football pitch with proper nets for their boys.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Loved the Spice Girls.
My favourite songs are 2 become 1, Viva forever and Goodbye.
I liked Emma and Victoria the best.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Viva Forever’s such a beautiful song isn‘t it. Anyone remember when they sang it with Pavarotti?! At about 0:49 in this clip, watch Victoria and Mel B trying (and failing) not to laugh when Pav starts belting it out!

• Haha
  • Heart
I loved the Spice Girls! I was a pre teen in their hey day and bought everything they put out.
I went to see their reunion show in 2019 and I cried like a baby during some songs.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Awww I love them! 2 become 1 and say youll be there and who do you think you are are my fave songs. They have so much energy and there's just something about them. They can actually sing and I know they're not the best but they can sing. I loved Victoria, she was so funny and a great sense of humour. I remember collecting collecting photos. My best friend had the Polaroid camera. They were everywhere! Lollipops and Pepsi max and deodorant! I don't have any tea on them really. I've read Victoria's autobiography. In an interview she said that geri was the only one not to call her when a cheating story came out with David and a random girl when she was 7 months pregnant with Brooklyn. She said that was like a sign that their friendship was sort of over as she would have called geri if the other way around and geri would have known how upset Victoria would be over it.

I bloody loved The Spice Girls they were fun and full of life. Their movie was great fun as well I still remember all the words to the chant they did when they were working out with Michael Barrymore :ROFLMAO: . 'We're the Spice Girls yes indeed, just girl power is all we need. We know how we got this far, strength and courage in a wonderbra'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I was in my forties when they first appeared ,(I am very old) and too old to be a fan but I liked them and thought they were fun. I worked with a fan of theirs and I bought her a Spice Girl calendar as one of her leaving gifts!
Hey, you're never too old to be a fan of anything!
I was 16 when they emerged and by then into Britpop but had a little sister who was under 10 and was forced to listen to them. She had probably every bit of merchandise and even roped me into being Sporty spice (my fave) at some pretend music show she invented 😂 I inevitably ended up loving them and took her to Wembley to see them too. They were fabulous. I just remember them literally everywhere and I dont think we've seen that again even with 1D 🤔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Hey, you're never too old to be a fan of anything!
I was 16 when they emerged and by then into Britpop but had a little sister who was under 10 and was forced to listen to them. She had probably every bit of merchandise and even roped me into being Sporty spice (my fave) at some pretend music show she invented 😂 I inevitably ended up loving them and took her to Wembley to see them too. They were fabulous. I just remember them literally everywhere and I dont think we've seen that again even with 1D 🤔
You sound like a great big sister 😸

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It did get a bit much, when you couldn't even go to the local shop without encountering some sort of Spice Girl merchandise. I've still got the poster that was given away free with Pepsi cola. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Jamie: “I can’t seem to be able to turn on the TV...”
Victoria (interrupting): “Why?”

I always liked Victoria during interviews in the Spice Girls days. She had a very dry sense of humour
That was very diplomatic seeing as she can't hold a note haha. Either that or you are 'Out of Your Mind'.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I have some tea, but it's not overly Spicey....

- I live near the house they lived in in Maidenhead in the early 90's. Everytime it's put on the market the local paper make a big deal of it.
- When Mel B was expecting Phoenix early 1999, she was scouting hospitals more local to where she lived at the time (Little Marlow, Bucks) before giving birth in The Portland (If memory serves me right) she visited a private hospital my Mum worked at, and insisted that if she gave birth in that hospital the whole floor would be her's for security reasons. They wouldn't allow for that due to the comfort & safety of other patients, which pissed her off!
- another Mel B in Little Marlow story, again around '99-'00 a group of mates used to hang around outside the newsagents she used. They were 14 at the time and asked her outside the shop to get them 20 Marlborough Lights & a bottle of Lambrini. She told them to duck Off, but with a loud booming Northern laugh 😂
- I was sat near the end of the catwalk on their 2007 tour, Stephen Belafonte was constantly stood by the security barrier to the stage and was grumpy & intimidating the whole show. Didn't smile or acknowledge anyone. Got such bad vibes from him.
- my other half worked in PR with Red Bull for a few years and said Christian Horner is a top bloke, but there was an Formula 1 function where Geri was a bit tipsy and got handsy whilst trying to flirt with Sebastian Vettel and he tried to graciously run a mile!! 😅

• Heart
  • Haha