Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yupyupyup

VIP Member
Is she getting married or not? lol. I noticed in her most recent video she doesn't even wear her engagement ring for videos which seems odd to me. I understand that being flashy about it or talking about wedding planning a bunch isn't everyone's style, but it seems like such a weird shift given that she milked content from it for like 2 months and then hasn't mentioned it once since, even in passing...
She doesn’t wear it because she STILL hasn’t gotten it resized. I doubt they’ll ever get married though, they barely care that they’re together never mind marriage. Seen more passion between a seagull and a chip.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I think she's a sweet girl, but yeah, her videos are tedious. To be honest I genuinely feel sorry for her, she always seems to be behind everyone else on youtube. I have to admit I find her boyfriend somewhat good looking, but I'm convinced their house could be on fire and he wouldn't care at all.

kittypaws

VIP Member
but why watch it if you don’t even like her?
You could say that in every single influencer and gurus thread on this forum! If everyone just stopped watching/following people they didn’t like or had issue with then this forum would become redundant!

Many influencers are absolutely ripped apart on these threads and some comments can be very harsh but you’re here telling us we can’t call Sophie boring? That’s what these threads are for - we’re critiquing and giving our opinions. Fair enough you might disagree but that doesn’t mean we can’t and shouldn’t say what we feel when that is what this whole forum is designed for.

proseccolove

VIP Member
She acts like a giddy teenager🥴 I just can’t take her seriously, she’s bland but great to have on in the background.

not too sure why I find her boyfriend attractive😏 there’s just something about him
I agree he’s quite fit but he has the personality of a shoe

• Haha

Hurrah54

VIP Member
Annoyed me that she says in her most recent video that she doesnt want to show too much on camera when she's in a bikini (fair enough) but then does a full body shot in the thumbnail. Classic youtubers full of shit. Yeah she's sweet but she's also 26 and acts like a 17 year old. She has no ideas or connection with her viewers .. honestly, what does she do ALL day??

• Heart

blondelolita

Chatty Member
Tbh I like Sophie simply because shes not the typical ‘INflueNCeR’, gal just wants to pay her mortgage and clearly she’s got a good following. She’s got a shit work ethic though.

navybluewolf

Chatty Member
Her anxiety is so bad she doesn't leave the house, and she just hasn't done anything about it? It's something she's struggled with for years but she hasn't thought to see a GP or, now she has money, to pay for private therapy? I feel sorry for her but she's not helping herself. I wish she had got a dog instead of a cat, at least she would be forced to go out the house to walk it.
I genuinely wonder what she does all day.

• Heart

Spencerskates

VIP Member
I couldn't help but feel sorry for her in yesterday's video. She really is a such a nice girl, not a bad bone in her body, but she does seem deeply unhappy and I felt like she was on the brink of tears the entire time.
Interested me when she said she was a-sexual, is that when you aren't interested in sex at all?

Yeah, asexuality is on a spectrum. So it can be anything from being literally repulsed by sex and having no sex drive whatsoever, to having a significantly lower sex drive and little sexual attraction. You can be grey ace too, which means you have exceptions to the rule, so for her that could be Alex. I wonder how it affects their relationship if he’s not ace too.

• Wow

D_Wills

VIP Member
I couldn't help but feel sorry for her in yesterday's video. She really is a such a nice girl, not a bad bone in her body, but she does seem deeply unhappy and I felt like she was on the brink of tears the entire time.
Interested me when she said she was a-sexual, is that when you aren't interested in sex at all?

hrh89

VIP Member
Just seen on her insta she was gifted a Nintendo switch... which she’s given to her boyfriend because he didn’t have one??? And she already did!
Honestly she could have given that away to a viewer and made someone’s life a little better with the state of everything right now. Influencers really are gross. Honestly I’m sick of seeing #ad and #gifted whilst you’ve got thousands of people queuing at food banks. If it was me I’d stop all posts like that for a while. Not like they haven’t got enough money or free stuff already.

• Heart

Juststopit

VIP Member
Her fiancé had to do the cooking of the pancakes for her..I assume because she's not allowed near open flame without an adult present..

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Idunno

Screenshot_20200204_175836_com.instagram.android.jpg

It does my bloody head when youtubers tease that they've "been working on something and hopefully we'll find out soon" just stfu until it's actually an announcement especially when you're not consistent on any platform but you'll be happy to take your fans money!!

Yupyupyup

VIP Member
I’ll never understand how Alex can be arsed with her acting like this. I’ll be very surprised if they even end up getting married. 0 spark between them at all, it’s the epitome of settling.

noseychlo

I do rate that she spoke about it so openly. I can imagine it might be quite confusing for younger people seeing all their friends have these sexual feelings but never experiencing it for themselves!! the younger person sending in a question about never being able to find a boyfriend due to it is extremely sad, so it’s good she’s opened up about her experience being asexual and shown you can still have long healthy relationships!

Angel52

VIP Member
I think he’s just an introvert tbh, I don’t mind him aha. I think Sophie’s weird tweaker moments would be a bit much for him to deal with sometimes though aha 😂

spongey

VIP Member
I was mostly lost in Alex’s eyes the whole time. 🤷🏻‍♀️😅
Love it 😅 I have to agree 🤭

I quite like that they're not bothered about the usual traditions, as some of them are so outdated now, but I think the only reason is that they're both anxious about being the centre of attention. So why go through with it then? It's their wedding and their lives, they should do what they want to do, not what society says.

I really like Sophie but yeah I'm just finding her boring now, and as much as Alex seems like a nice guy, it's just a bit cringe seeing him dragged out for every couples themed video. He looks like he'd rather be anywhere else. She's always so giggly and he just wants to get it over and done with 😅

The cake was a bit boring too - it didn't seem very challenging to make with just plain icing and stuck on decorations. I didn't really understand the point of the video to be honest, maybe just struggling for content ideas and hoping something wedding related would do.

I think we are being a bit harsh on vanilla! It can smell lovely in a candle, taste good added to cake mix or whatever....
Sophie however... can do none of these things and her videos are shite!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Agree with most on here, her videos are quite boring and repetitive, and yet I still really like her! As someone else said, if she vlogged maybe just going out for a walk, or cooking, or cleaning, or decorating, or SOMETHING I think a lot of people would enjoy it. Personally I quite like her personality, yes she has some irritating quirks but don't we all. I wish her all the luck with her streaming, she has said a lot over the years how she likes gaming so hopefully where there's no editing and uploading she'll find it a lot easier to keep up with, especially with it being something she enjoys.

erin182

VIP Member
Why are YouTubers so shocked to learn that people will talk about them negatively/have opinions as if they’re holier than thou? 🤦🏼‍♀️ ITS THE INTERNET, THATS JUST WHAT HAPPENS. Gossiping about people isn’t childish, its human nature. I don’t care how old you are 😂 it’s literally inevitable. I’m 100% sure when she and soph/jazzybum get together they have a nice little bitch about people in their industry.

navybluewolf

Chatty Member
I also don’t understand the straight across eyebrows either. In her latest video it looks like she has shaved the ends off on purpose.

I do like that she does come up with ideas that seem unique and get stolen but I think she needs to loose the fake ditsy girl with the fake laugh on her videos. I still watch her videos as she seema sweet but I just feel like maybe getting a part time job at an office or even a shop would seriously help her anxiety. It almost seems like she is has agoraphobia has she ever mentioned it?
She used to work in a Post Office, and vlogged herself there, saying she felt awful and had had a panic attack (I think, was a long time ago). She then had a job cleaning houses, which she seemed to like more, then her channel took off. Even then she never seemed to ever go anywhere. I remember she went to Brighton for a day trip, and had a panic attack and they had to go home. The same thing happened when she went with Alex to a gig. Listen, I sympathise, I have had panic attacks, and my mother suffers from them something awful. BUT, she can still get help for them. I have been offered medication and there is CBT available, it helped my mother a lot. Plus, I'm sure she could afford some sort of other therapy. Since she's started working from home, and that's a good few years now, she's deep into her comfort zone and seems unwilling to push herself or try anything. I don't think she ever leaves the house, which in itself is very worrying. Instead of a cat she should have got a dog, at least then she would be forced to go out for a short while to walk it.

• Heart