Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lurker2867

Chatty Member
I personally like Alex and Sophie as a couple 🤷🏻‍♀️

I think they’re just a normal couple, not an ‘Instagram couple’ that shove their love down our throats constantly, they’re laid back and private and I think that’s okay? They’ve also been together for like 10 years or however long it is so obviously just comfortable in their lifestyle. It was sweet that he did the proposal in such a chilled way for her and I thought it was really nice to watch!

not sure if I’m alone in this opinion but oh well!

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Clomo

Going WAYYYYY against the grain here.... but

I actually really like sophie louise!

Shes never in drama, shes quirky and odd and yes very vanilla but its someone I can actually relate too. Isnt fussed about designer stuff, or much make up etc. I live a very sheltered life aswell,I basically work and go home. I hate social gatherings of loads of people,I get really bad anxiety and panic attacks and yeah I'm 29 so 🤷‍♀️
I just feel out of the likes of the saffs and Ana's... its refreshing to see someone who is just I dunno? Plain?

*hides under bullet proof roof from all the hate I'm going to get *

• Heart
Reactions: 25

charlie6578

The makeup in her latest video 😳😳 I know the challenge was to pick it without seeing the colour but this was all I could see
CF76BDCE-01BA-4028-AAD9-597F03F7674A.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 24

blondelolita

Chatty Member
To be fair to her, she does seem to genuinely have an anxiety disorder which the pandemic has most likely made even worse.
Theres something about Sophie that I actually really like, but I do wish she’d do more with herself and not constantly shut herself in her house 🤦🏽‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Bk2021

*incoming hate cause I have a different opinion* I half agree with what some of you are saying, with her needing to get out more, it’ll definitely benefit her mental health. But why are people so tied up in what she’s doing? I think Sophie is probably the most normal Youtuber out there right now, just a girl in her house with her partner & cat. She’s not problematic and that’s why she’s labelled boring. Her videos are good to me, I’m 20 and I still enjoy them. Maybe you’ve just grown out of watching her? Go find someone who interest you then? She does suffer from anxiety, at times extreme. I know how that feels & it can be crippling, I haven’t been to work for 3 months because of it. Maybe she celebrates the small victories such as making breakfast & just filming for YouTube is too much some weeks. And for her GERD, I suffer badly from that too, it can genuinely stop you from doing things sometimes since it can cause bad pains in the throat & stomach.

It’s just annoying that most of her comments here are about her being boring, move on then to someone new. I get it if she did a video that bothered you but why watch it if you don’t even like her?

Reactions: 15

justapossum

I think she does have anxiety but I don't think the YT lifestyle is good for that.
It almost fuels her anxiety because she has no reason to leave the house each day and have structure.
I think that why she struggles to sleep as well because it seems she doesn't eat particularly well or exercise or get fresh air.
I enjoy her videos most of the time but her life does seem a bit sad.
I actually wonder what she does? Like if she films and edits one video a week - what does she do with all her other time when she's just holed up at home?! Does she have any hobbies or interests?
A lot of us are now stuck at home because of the pandemic, but instead of doing yet another video of badly applying make up, with bad products, she could do a daily or weekly vlog now and then, which shows her life. She doesn't have to do anything extraordinary - but even things such as cooking, or learning a new recipe, baking a goddamn banana bread, deep cleaning, home work outs, review of books she's recently read or movies she has seen - anything!
I think she's a sweet girl, harmless, but wow is her content boring and repetitive.

Yupyupyup

VIP Member
It’s pretty funny that she’s gone from the blonde haired pink loving girl to the wearing black, punk hair, edgy aesthetic that Alex mentioned in one of her videos a few years ago would be his “dream girl”

spongey

VIP Member
I like Sophie but I just find myself rolling my eyes through all her videos now. She'll make a video about literally anything and shove in a Hello Fresh ad whether it's relevant or not. She doesn't even try and segway to the ad section anymore, she just laughs it off.

Annoyingly, the only bit of her most recent video that was cooking-related was the emoji frying pan she bought, so she could have tried to link the Hello Fresh ad to that. But no, she bought a packet of pancake mix that required only milk, panicked that they might not have any milk in, then got Alex to make them anyway. Tell us again how Hello Fresh has really made cooking so much easier for you? 🤔

She couldn't even open a box of chocolates without spilling them all over the floor, then struggled to pronounce basic words like "ganache." I even found myself being surprised that she was able to change a lightbulb by herself, I was half expecting Alex's hand to appear.

Sorry for the rant - I just can't believe this is how someone earns a living 😅

Juststopit

VIP Member
Shall we do an advent calender bingo?

-Drops something
-Cant pronounce something
-Oo-ers at a mild sexual innuendo
-Complains about eg a lip products calender having too many lip products, a skincare calender having too many skincare products
-repeatedly reads out the brand on products from a single brand calender then goes "duh obviously they're all from revolution giggle giggle I'm so dizzy and cute "

• Haha

Hurrah54

VIP Member
It’s just annoying that most of her comments here are about her being boring, move on then to someone new. I get it if she did a video that bothered you but why watch it if you don’t even like her?
It's annoying that you've bothered to write that message when this is tattle and not a rave thread?

I'm the same age as Sophie so yeah, maybe her content is for younger viewers.
Maybe I just want to vent because I have really bad anxiety too but I have to struggle day in and day out, dragging myself to a job which i absolutely hate, whereas Sophie does one video a week buying pointless clothes or make up but manages to earn a living and has a house.

Edit: this thread started in Aug 2019 and we are now on page 9.. not exactly the most active thread to be bothered by 😂😂

Last edited:
  • Haha

SkinkaareFan

VIP Member
Another thing, she hinted that she believed herself to suffer from OCD because she googled it instead of going to the Dr. As someone that actually suffers, I wish people would stop throwing it around like its nothing 🤷🏻‍♀️ its not fun and quirky. It's all consuming and a nightmare to live with. It really boils my piss when people say, for example, "I have my books etc in alphabetical order because my OCD kicks in if they're not" or something similar. No, most people do that. I dunno, it just really gets to me as I was diagnosed at 12 and for more than half my life it has been so consuming and horrible to live with and when people say it like it's a personality trait it takes away the seriousness of it and people view it as kind of a joke and people that actually do suffer often get overlooked because everyone fucking claims "they're OCD".

It's the same with anxiety, I've said before that Sophie is one of the few youtubers that genuinely suffer from it but again, as someone that has been diagnosed, it pisses me off when people say they have anxiety like it's the latest fashion item. Everyone gets anxious and worried about things but it's not an anxiety disorder. And like OCD, people with actual anxiety disorders often get overlooked because people just throw it around.

I feel for her with her stomach problems. It sound very similar to what my husband had but he hasn't been diagnosed with anything. He would often have to sit so still, like a statue, pissing with sweat and so much pain in his chest because of acid. Turns out he had gall stones and had his gallbladder removed as a result. Now he occasionally gets woken up, gasping for air because of acid but it's much better than before. It was horrible to watch so I feel for her having to live with it. It took 8 years for him to even be told he had gallstones! I hope she gets it sorted or gets to a point where its not as bad.

I found it interesting she said she was asexual too. I don't want to sound like a dick but sometimes it seems like she says thing to be so quirky and different? Asexual, insomnia, OCD etc etc.

I think if she did a video with Alex explaining why she thinks she's asexual and how that affects their relationship she could help others that feel the same? Not that she has to do that of course, it's her right to keep it private but if she's struggling with video ideas and she's comfortable doing so I think it'd be an interesting watch. Especially if she cut out her "oooh I'm so ditsy and clumsy" act.

Liswit87

Does anyone have much to say about the wedding cake video? It was a bit nondescript for me. Her awkward laughter got a bit grating but aside from that I was mostly lost in Alex’s eyes the whole time. 🤷🏻‍♀️😅 I liked the idea of them baking a cake instead of just sitting there doing a Q&A but it was a weird setup doing it in the lounge(?) It also makes me cringe when she refers to them as a ‘vanilla couple’. 😆
I'm kinda glad someone mentioned it. I think they are cute together and well suited, and everyone should have their own wedding how they want it, but it seriously sounds like they don't even want to have a wedding at all? They don't want to write any vows, or have a first dance... She even said "We'll get through it" at one point in the video.

I understand not wanting to be the center of attention, but you WILL be when you have a wedding... period. They did say it will only be small, but why go through the expense of even a small wedding, when there are other ways to get married... Just go to a chapel with a witness and some immediate family, say 'I do' and sign the papers. Then go to Nando's or something idk. I think they'd enjoy that more. They couldn't even elope because Sophie hates leaving the house let alone the country

I feel like they're only 'planning' a wedding because it generates content, and Sophie has completely run out of other ideas (to her own admission...). Ultimately, I think they're just going to end up hating the entire day and completely regret it.

Reactions: 14

Idunno

Oh hey Sophie.

I'm guessing it was Jade that sent you to this website. Here's an FYI, people here are not immature, just sharing a mutual thing about certain things you do etc. That does not make us immature. I'm pretty sure you've said negative about things throughout your life so get over yourself. Nothing said on here has been wrong so instead of doing videos being all butt hurt about it maybe take a look at the way you act and come across.

And this coming from someone that doesn't really mind you.

Bec3007

VIP Member
I laughed she said we are the immature ones. What I say on this site is nothing I wouldn’t say to their face.

They’re both in their 20’s and all she does is stay inside the house, waiting for her other half to get home and then gaming or watching films. I understand she has anxiety, I do too and I know it can be absolutely horrific BUT if it’s that bad that she can’t go out alone or rarely leaves the house, she needs to seek some help to try and get over that. It may work, it may not but youtube will not last forever and then what will she do? They have a mortgage to pay.

I don’t mean that in a nasty way but she wonders why her anxiety has become so bad, it’s because you tube became her job and she didn’t have to leave the house anymore.

spongey

VIP Member
This is a less important issue, but did it annoy anyone else in her latest video that she "randomly generated" the colour green so she decided she could have pesto pasta for dinner, then it turned out to be an Ad for Hello Fresh and pesto pasta just happened to be one of the recipes included in the box?

I mean it COULD have happened but it's highly unlikely. It was played off like it was such a happy coincidence 🙄

Also, adding food colouring to beige foods pisses me off in these videos. The challenge is to find foods of that colour, not add blue food colouring to a batch of pancakes.

I'm clearly too old for these types of videos 🤣 although pretty sure I'm a similar age to Sophie! I'll see myself out...

Reactions: 13

kittypaws

VIP Member
I like Sophie, and I feel for her. I think she’s really harmless (cos she’s so boring 🤣) but she needs to try harder with her channel. It amazes me that she does 1 pretty boring video a week but managed to afford that house 😩

She clearly has a lot of anxiety and I do too, but honestly isolating yourself doesn’t help. I do think she’d be better off going and getting an office job where she’d be mixing and communicating with people all day long. And then she’d enjoy being at home even more. Obviously in the current climate everyone is working from home but if you forget Covid for a minute, she needs an office job or any sort of job really. I’m just talking from experience cos working in an office helps me soooo much!

Reactions: 13

Angel52

VIP Member
Honestly, I’m not even going to take this from her or say anything mean aha, they have been together for a LONG time and he’s very obviously seen the best of her and WORST of her and has still proposed. We also know what they are like and we shouldn’t be expecting anything super extravagant or intense from them (for example such as Molly Mae and tommy etc 🙄)
I think it’s sweet the way it was done and they are sweet together. I’ll be interested to see if her content starts getting quite wedding based (could be interesting) ahah

Reactions: 12