Sophie Habboo and Jamie Laing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's incredibly depressing, isn't it? Am SO glad I didn't grow up during the 2000s, as all this stuff has been completely and dangerously normalised to young women. It's nice to be able to see the whole thing objectively and acknowledge the fact none of it is real. That's the saddest thing - years and years from now, Gen Zeros/Xers will look back on their lives and realise how much time they wasted giving a duck about all this meaningless b/s.

Some of the cast are bordering-on unrecognisable on their social media photos. Imogen and Amelia especially. It's a shame because they actually have better personalities than most of the other cast.

Re Sophie and Jamie, she's got a lot riding on this marriage - career and status. Without him, she's not really anything (harsh but true). I dk how much longer she can reasonably carry on with the pretence. Hence why (in my opinion) she's resorted to all these unhealthy habits, to help distract and numb her from the immense unhappiness that gnaws at her deep down.
Agree, well said. Social media can be entertaining, although I wouldn't want my livelihood to depend on it. Fathom one's entire existence is to post online, doesn't it do their head in? Remember hearing that Cheska former cast MIC said how toxic being on the show was. Maybe not in the beginning, but ended up that way. She carved out a really nice path for herself & her son moving to Devon.

The pressures of always being on top & in the spotlight must be exhausting as well as depressing. Life goes so quickly, I'd imagine many of these people will wake up to a lot of regret.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Agree, well said. Social media can be entertaining, although I wouldn't want my livelihood to depend on it. Fathom one's entire existence is to post online, doesn't it do their head in? Remember hearing that Cheska former cast MIC said how toxic being on the show was. Maybe not in the beginning, but ended up that way. She carved out a really nice path for herself & her son moving to Devon.

The pressures of always being on top & in the spotlight must be exhausting as well as depressing. Life goes so quickly, I'd imagine many of these people will wake up to a lot of regret.
Agreed about the livelihood part. Whilst I’d love the money they have, I’d take the security of my career any day of the week

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Cheska is a v close friend of mine
She was in hell on that show
And is living such a happier life now
Can’t say anymore
But yes it was very toxic

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Can’t say anymore
Thanks for sharing that. She seems to have a lovely, well balanced life & it shows. Spoke to her briefly, she is down to earth, personable and charming. Happy she is living a life that she's able to flourish from, & experience new life adventures with her son.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Can’t say anymore
I always hated the way that Cheska was treated by a lot of the cast members like Spencer, Victoria, and Binky. I am rewatching season 7 right now and Binky is so vile. I am so glad to hear that she is much happier now! I always thought she was well meaning and cared about her friends. I remember she had an interview when MIC first started saying how her father had committed suicide and it was a hard time.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I always hated the way that Cheska was treated by a lot of the cast members like Spencer, Victoria, and Binky. I am rewatching season 7 right now and Binky is so vile. I am so glad to hear that she is much happier now! I always thought she was well meaning and cared about her friends. I remember she had an interview when MIC first started saying how her father had committed suicide and it was a hard time.
I never really understood what happened with Binky and Cheska's friendship. Feels like they've massively drifted apart? I feel like it started when Cheska stayed close with Francesca (Newman Young) after Binky went nuts on her and cut her off. Ollie's still very close to Cheska though.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I never really understood what happened with Binky and Cheska's friendship. Feels like they've massively drifted apart? I feel like it started when Cheska stayed close with Francesca (Newman Young) after Binky went nuts on her and cut her off. Ollie's still very close to Cheska though.
Binky started thinking she was too cool for Cheska :) Once Binks started being accepted by Millie and Lucy and all that lot

Reactions: 21
Binky started thinking she was too cool for Cheska :) Once Binks started being accepted by Millie and Lucy and all that lot
Ohhh, that I never caught on to. I need to start rewatching the older episodes. I thought she got quite unpleasant when she turned on Fran. Fran was very gentle, and took on all Binky's unfair anger and guilt-tripping without question. I used to watch it thinking "is she seriously gonna let her speak to her like that?!!"

Reactions: 4
Yes, it was definitely Binky who dumped Cheska trying to impress Spencer et al. I went off Binky a lot.

Reactions: 17
Exactly this. Even in one of the episodes I just watched last night Binky is being the worst to Lucy and to Cheska over the whole Mytton cheating thing. Lucy is thinking about why she is being especially mean to Cheska and she says to Cheska that basically Binky's issue started way before the Mytton stuff so it is something else. I think Binky was just looking for a reason to finally drop Cheska. You know you are out of order with your friends when Louise of all people calls you out and tells you to be nicer to your friends like she did to Binky

Reactions: 16
I completely forgot about this chapter of MiC. Though I do remember Lucy saying how horribly defensive Binky gets when she's rightfully called out on things. She was SO nasty to Fran when Fran divulged to Lucy about Sam's attempted cheating. From what I recall, she told her to get the f*ck out of their shared house. That massively tainted my view of her. Not a nice person.

Reactions: 12
Opinions on Jamie getting the bb1 drive time show? Deserved? Hope Jordan North is on to bigger and better things. Absolutely adore Jordan!

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Opinions on Jamie getting the bb1 drive time show? Deserved? Hope Jordan North is on to bigger and better things. Absolutely adore Jordan!
Oh no I hate that, he wasn’t good when he coveted for Mollie with Matt when she was on maternity

I think it’s awful he is so amateur when he’s been on with Matt Edmonson

I don’t mind Jamie but he’s really not there for Radio - he comes across a bit slow. Like the jokes go over his head and he’s not really got anything to offer tho show. Matt Edmondson really had to carry him when they presented together. Would love to know the goss why Jordan’s not presenting! They didn’t even tag him on Insta, very sus! If they lose Greg James it’s game over.

• Haha
I don’t mind Jamie but he’s really not there for Radio - he comes across a bit slow. Like the jokes go over his head and he’s not really got anything to offer tho show. Matt Edmondson really had to carry him when they presented together. Would love to know the goss why Jordan’s not presenting! They didn’t even tag him on Insta, very sus! If they lose Greg James it’s game over.
I’ve seen that Roman Kemp is leaving Capital and Jordan is taking over his breakfast show. 😊

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.