Sophie & Dave (Sophiebelle/The Dave monster)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm a gay man and i have accurate gaydar (if i do say so myself) and there's NO WAY anyone can convince me Dave is straight. Dave does a tit job at it himself. It's so obvious. He has all the characteristics of a queen and I don't really look into stereotypes but he plays into all of them. This just makes me find him even more annoying and cringe. And I'm pretty sure Sophie knows as well.
I got the same vibe and I'm not even gay or male it seems like he's trying to convince himself otherwise though which will crack the marriage sooner or later! I just hope it isn't when kids are introduced because that would be damaging

Reactions: 5
I think it was a relationship of convenience for both of them but the wheels are starting to fall off now they're married and the babies thing is on the cards. I think they've both woken up to the terrible mistake they've made, which is why Sophie had to run back to her Mummy as soon as she got back off the honeymoon.

Reactions: 4
I'm a gay man and i have accurate gaydar (if i do say so myself) and there's NO WAY anyone can convince me Dave is straight. Dave does a tit job at it himself. It's obvious. This just makes me find him even more annoying and cringe. And I'm pretty sure Sophie knows as well.

Thank you! I have long suspected this. It's funny how he used to come alive when spending time on tour with "beautiful Liam" (as I think he called him)...

Totally agree with everyone's comments above about Chip's behaviour. It annoys me so much when she just laughs it off and chalks it up as him showing "character".

Also, that's just what Dave needs post-Disney body blowout - a huge microwave-sized bowl full of white chocolate Coco Pops :ROFLMAO: He appeared more excited for that, than for receiving his iPad. Seriously, if these two ever ate a piece of fruit or veg, I think I'd keel over with shock.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
A 33 year old man getting a little pop figure for his birthday. Standard behaviour that .NOT

Reactions: 2
A 33 year old man getting a little pop figure for his birthday. Standard behaviour that .NOT
And an overly flattering little pop figure at that, shall we say...

I think it was a relationship of convenience for both of them but the wheels are starting to fall off now they're married and the babies thing is on the cards. I think they've both woken up to the terrible mistake they've made, which is why Sophie had to run back to her Mummy as soon as she got back off the honeymoon.

Do you think that's why, even perhaps subconsciously, they deferred the wedding for so long? Most people don't leave several years between their engagement and finally getting married. Even though she tried to palm it off as being due to finances, I'm not buying that either. It doesn't seem like their wedding was an extravagant affair, the main cost would have been the reception venue alone and even that wasn't particularly lavish. (On a side note, did anyone else notice in their wedding vlog that they had a really unusual menu? Curry followed by apple crumble, anyone?!). I also have a feeling they would have had some financial assistance from family on both sides, neither of whom seems to be poor.

I get that some women aren't OTT Bridezillas (I don't think I would be either) however, I did expect to hear Sophie say in vlogs subsequent to the wedding, that she'd enjoyed the day much more than she'd been expecting to (etc). But no, nothing. The total absence of any excitement at all, even after the event, is really odd if you'd just married the person you claim is the absolute love of your life.

In my opinion it's a marriage based on little more than friendship and convenience: Dave because he probably wants children at some point, and Sophie because she's too lazy and introverted ever to have gone out and tried to find someone conventionally attractive. (Sorry, I know that last comment is harsh, but I don't think I'm alone in thinking it. And I do get that there is more to a relationship than physical attraction but, let's face it, it is important to any long-term relationship and is what separates romantic relationships from mere friendships).

In some ways, I actually do give Dave credit. Despite outward appearances, he certainly has more "get-up-and-go" than Sophie. I don't think I could be married to someone who is pure candyfloss between the ears, has no ambition and never wants to do anything that involves mixing with other people.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Also, didn't you think it odd that Sophie showed such little interest in planning the wedding. She said buying her dress was a chore yet she seems to spend so much of her time shopping for clothes online, it just didn't add up. The really off thing for me was when she got given that freebie engagement ring. Who would ditch the ring from "the love of their life" for a freebie? They did get a free trip to WDW out of the wedding though!

Also, didn't you think it odd that Sophie showed such little interest in planning the wedding. She said buying her dress was a chore yet she seems to spend so much of her time shopping for clothes online, it just didn't add up. The really off thing for me was when she got given that freebie engagement ring. Who would ditch the ring from "the love of their life" for a freebie? They did get a free trip to WDW out of the wedding though!

Completely agree. I just don't get having zero interest in your own wedding. It wasn't like she was interested in some aspects but not others, she literally had zero interest overall. And you're right, she has always been into buying dresses online etc. I would have thought she'd be in her element choosing a wedding dress: the ultimate excuse to be girly and feel like a Disney princess (*eye roll*).

I don't understand ditching the original ring either. Some things are irreplaceable, however little their monetary value.

Reactions: 3
Sophie always likes to make out the things she can't have in life are cringe!

Big wedding = cringe

Nice big new build house = cringe

When she went house hunting with her sister she was so rude! At the end of the vlog saying I'd hate to live somewhere like that.

Me and my husband were gob smacked and thought no, more like you are looking for any reason to say you don't want that apart from the fact you can't afford it.

Sophie always likes to make out the things she can't have in life are cringe!

Big wedding = cringe

Nice big new build house = cringe

When she went house hunting with her sister she was so rude! At the end of the vlog saying I'd hate to live somewhere like that.

Me and my husband were gob smacked and thought no, more like you are looking for any reason to say you don't want that apart from the fact you can't afford it.
She clearly is jealous of her successful sister bet her sister has a fit husband too Sophie has Dave 😂😂

Reactions: 1
I just watched the video I mentioned about the house again and I don't know why I did it to myself, her obnoxiousness annoys me so much.

🤣

She also goes on to say her and Dave would want a project... Yes because I can imagine they are both great on the tools 🙄 she makes me cringe so much, can tell the nice girl is such an act.

I just watched the video I mentioned about the house again and I don't know why I did it to myself, her obnoxiousness annoys me so much.

🤣

She also goes on to say her and Dave would want a project... Yes because I can imagine they are both great on the tools 🙄 she makes me cringe so much, can tell the nice girl is such an act.
Maybe their project should be getting that dog under control.

Reactions: 6
I'm a gay man and i have accurate gaydar (if i do say so myself) and there's NO WAY anyone can convince me Dave is straight. Dave does a tit job at it himself. It's so obvious. He has all the characteristics of a queen and I don't really look into stereotypes but he plays into all of them. This just makes me find him even more annoying and cringe. And I'm pretty sure Sophie knows as well.
Agree. I've always thought the same thing. Maybe he's OTT with the 'I love yous' to try to convince himself.

Agree. I've always thought the same thing. Maybe he's OTT with the 'I love yous' to try to convince himself.
But the way both of them say it ... And the way they look at each other. That ain't no look of love. And Dave is a professional actor FFS!

I’ve watched for a while. I actually don’t mind them but Sophie definitely wears the trousers. I agree with people that she is lazy. When she gets a new job, I joke to my husband that it’ll never last and it never does. I also find it a bit cringe how into Disney they are (well. Sophie is. I feel Dave just went along with it in the beginning and now he’s in too deep). I cringe when she plays Disney songs in the car but each to their own, I suppose.
They are way too immature for a baby.
I much prefer Dave vlogging as I find the behind the scenes of the theatre very interesting. Sophie doesn’t do much at all and if they had separate channels, I’d stick with Dave. I don’t get any gay vibes off him but I have said that I don’t think they had sex until the honeymoon, I get those vibes. I’m probably totally wrong though.
I do believe that Dave is besotted with her. He’s like a lovesick puppy.

We've seen evidence of some quite serious arguments recently. That vlog where they met that couple in WDW was painful, it was so obvious that they were sick to the back teeth of spending 24/7 together without Chip as their focus/distraction. Really interested in the theory that they didn't have sex until their honeymoon. What makes you say that?

We've seen evidence of some quite serious arguments recently. That vlog where they met that couple in WDW was painful, it was so obvious that they were sick to the back teeth of spending 24/7 together without Chip as their focus/distraction. Really interested in the theory that they didn't have sex until their honeymoon. What makes you say that?
What do you mean? They’ve been together 10 years.

I've been waiting for a sophie and dave thread for over a year! Glad to have found one finally 😀👍 turns out people agree with the things I've been thinking about them

It’s nothing I saw, just my opinion. She just seems innocent to me when it comes to that. Very young for her age. I’m probably completely wrong

I don't buy into the 'no sex before marriage' thing. Just cos Sophie looks and acts innocent, doesn't make it so. They share a bed, have lived together for years. Neither are religious in any shape or form! I see that theory as a bit of a reach tbh

Agree. I don't think sex before marriage would of been something they believe in, but I do think thier relationship is much more of a companionship

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.