Sophdoeslife (aka Sophdoesnails)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i get the impression he didn’t pay for anything. It’s her house she pays the mortgage and he probably pays some bills and food shopping. Just a guess. She earns so much she probably doesn’t expect much from him. He must be absolutely laughing
Yes I'm pretty sure in one of her boring videos she said that James didn't pay anything for the house.

As you said he maybe pays something towards bills of anything. The same way Sophie Louise and Alex do it.

Reactions: 2
What was with the massive rant about the shade of a special edition bronzer?! She came across really bad there - like a forced effort to try and be woke. She never complained like that before. Besides its a one off limited edition etc why the hell does there have to be a shade range to it?!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
What was with the massive rant about the shade of a special edition bronzer?! She came across really bad there - like a forced effort to try and be woke. She never complained like that before. Besides its a one off limited edition etc why the hell does there have to be a shade range to it?!
It is so obvious to. Like you said it is a special edition item i doubt they would sell well in every shade .

Does anyone think her attitude has changed for the worse over the last couple of videos? She’s coming across a right little stuck up brat to me!
What is with the huge Louis Vuitton pad necklace ? it doesn't suit her .

Last edited:
Reactions: 4

It is so obvious to. Like you said it is a special edition item i doubt they would sell well in every shade .
It's a valid point though. Wouldn't sell well? Smh at your ignorance. That's like the number one excuse for lack of shades in makeup.

African American women spend $1.3trillion a year on beauty products so get out of here with the "won't sell well" nonsense. If it's produced for them, trust and believe they will buy it.

Black and poc love makeup as much as fairer people do. It's attitudes like this that shut deeper skinned people out of the beauty industry.

So it's not "wokeness" it's a valid point.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
It's a valid point though. Wouldn't sell well? Smh at your ignorance. That's like the number one excuse for lack of shades in makeup.

African American women spend $1.3trillion a year on beauty products so get out of here with the "won't sell well" nonsense. If it's produced for them, trust and believe they will buy it.

Black and poc love makeup as much as fairer people do. It's attitudes like this that shut deeper skinned people out of the beauty industry.

So it's not "wokeness" it's a valid point.
It may be a valid point but Soph is only making it to gain brownie points. She's not doing it because she cares.

Reactions: 6
It may be a valid point but Soph is only making it to gain brownie points. She's not doing it because she cares.
It's the least she can do if she's going to tan herself several shades darker than she actually is.

It's the least she can do if she's going to tan herself several shades darker than she actually is.
Very true but I just don't believe she means it. She's only saying it because she doesn't want backlash which just annoys me.. I am white so theres not really much I can say but it just feels really performative with her. For so many years she never cared. It was only after she started tanning (iirc) that she started complaining about shade range and lack of diversity etc.

I also don't understand her obsession with being orange. I don't fake tan, I hate being so pale but I really cba with tanning and I only burn in the sun but she doesn't fake tan to a nice colour, it's very orange and then she's always slathered orange bronzer on her face and it just looks awful.

Reactions: 8
Very true but I just don't believe she means it. She's only saying it because she doesn't want backlash which just annoys me.. I am white so theres not really much I can say but it just feels really performative with her. For so many years she never cared. It was only after she started tanning (iirc) that she started complaining about shade range and lack of diversity etc.

I also don't understand her obsession with being orange. I don't fake tan, I hate being so pale but I really cba with tanning and I only burn in the sun but she doesn't fake tan to a nice colour, it's very orange and then she's always slathered orange bronzer on her face and it just looks awful.
even if she doesn't really mean it, it's still good that she said it. plus you have no real way of knowing if she really means it so she might actually feel strongly about it now even if she didn't a few years ago

Reactions: 11

This is true , i just don't find her very sincerer. i have southern European skin so i don't tend to fake tan.

Reactions: 1

I understand what you mean, she definitely didn't seem to care during her pre tan days and it may be performative, but as a POC my opinion is that if you're willing to make yourself darker for the positives, then you need to take the negatives that come with it if they do affect you.
Also agree that her particular tan isn't doing her any favours.

All things aside, whether Soph is truly bothered about shade range or not she is in a position of influence to young girls and brands especially and we need diversity, equality and for all colours to be catered for in makeup. I’d rather she say it and secretly not care than ignore it.

Reactions: 16
All things aside, whether Soph is truly bothered about shade range or not she is in a position of influence to young girls and brands especially and we need diversity, equality and for all colours to be catered for in makeup. I’d rather she say it and secretly not care than ignore it.
Well I agree to a point but she only started caring when she started with the fake tan. She didn't care when it didn't affect her when she was pale.

I understand what you mean, she definitely didn't seem to care during her pre tan days and it may be performative, but as a POC my opinion is that if you're willing to make yourself darker for the positives, then you need to take the negatives that come with it if they do affect you.
Also agree that her particular tan isn't doing her any favours.
Again, I agree and obviously you being a POC can say whether you think what she does is enough and I can't as a white person but it does annoy me that she didn't care when she was pale. I don't think she has negatives either because if she can't find something to fit her tan colour she can always just stop tanning and go back to being pale and if she did that then she'd go back to not caring.

• Angry
Reactions: 9
Well I agree to a point but she only started caring when she started with the fake tan. She didn't care when it didn't affect her when she was pale.

Again, I agree and obviously you being a POC can say whether you think what she does is enough and I can't as a white person but it does annoy me that she didn't care when she was pale. I don't think she has negatives either because if she can't find something to fit her tan colour she can always just stop tanning and go back to being pale and if she did that then she'd go back to not caring.

her tan or irrelevant to this topic though because the shade still worked for her even with her tan on. she was saying that people with dark skin can't use it. she may not have cared in the past but I don't necessarily think it's because she fake tans now. it could just be that as she's got older she's got a bit more informed

Reactions: 10
I think whether there’s the ulterior motive of making herself look good or not, she made a valid point that may have made people stop and think for a second

obviously I hope she genuinely cares

Reactions: 9
Obviously this is all speculation on her true motives by making a point of mentioning shade ranges but I do wonder if before she was just ignorant to it. She’s said she always went for the lightest foundation etc in anything and now maybe that she’s getting more PR, makeup releases she’s educated herself on it.

could be wishful thinking but I agree I’m glad she mentions it rather than ignoring the issue like most influencers.

I just saw on her Instagram stories, a photo of all her dirt brushes on the floor with the caption, ‘why am I like this?’ And I really wanted to reply saying, ‘because you are lazy’ 😆

I really need to stop watching her/following her because she really grates on me but for some reason I just can’t turn away 🤣

Reactions: 4
How would her flaunting her non existent belly make people feel better about themselves?! Let me just cry into my size 16 jeans
I do get your point, but her body does look different in both photos. It isn’t body positivity if slim women are excluded from the narrative.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I do get your point, but her body does look different in both photos. It isn’t body positivity if slim women are excluded from the narrative.
I agree it seems the body positivity narrative cant apply to smaller women, despite the fact their bodies can look very different in different clothes/styles and this could encourage someone who is a similar size to her to feel more confident!

No need to knock anyone trying to increase body confidence

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.