Songs that you hate

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Now I’m no music snob but I have an irrational hatred of a lot of songs that make me instantly turn the radio over. Just for starters:

Lola’s theme - it’s on the radio ALL THE TIME even all these years later
Thinking out loud & Perfect by Ed Sheehan - make me feel sick
Anything by Cheryl Cole particularly that Crazy Stupid Love - they’re all just spectacularly tit
Any of the Greatest Showman songs - again always on the radio
Chainsmokers - Closer
Maroon 5 - Don’t Wanna Know & Memories
Dance Monkey - when I first heard it I thought it was by some joke Eurodance act but it’s a serious songwriter/busker from Australia 😂
Groove is in the heart - so annoying
Amerie- 1 thing
Lauv - I’m so tired - this is not a song, it’s just sounds

I do actually like some really cheesy tit songs and have quite a wide ranging music taste! I’ll add more when I think of them.
I do actually like some really cheesy tit songs and have quite a wide ranging music taste! I’ll add more when I think of them.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I dislike Ed Sheeran, Lewis Capaldi and George Ezra... constantly overplayed on the radio! 😴

Reactions: 17
Angels. I absolutely despise this song and it always seems to be a karaoke favourite.

Wonder wall, because no matter where I went there would be one prick with a guitar who would play this

Do they know it's Christmas time.

Fairytale of new york

Actually most Christmas songs 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Anything Cheryl Cole. That woman makes my whole body feel like I’m shagging a cheese grater😖
Also Ed Sheeran. It’s too much. Like way too much

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Lola’s theme - it’s on the radio ALL THE TIME even all these years later
Thinking out loud & Perfect by Ed Sheehan - make me feel sick
Anything by Cheryl Cole particularly that Crazy Stupid Love - they’re all just spectacularly tit
Any of the Greatest Showman songs - again always on the radio
Chainsmokers - Closer
Maroon 5 - Don’t Wanna Know & Memories
Dance Monkey - when I first heard it I thought it was by some joke Eurodance act but it’s a serious songwriter/busker from Australia 😂
Groove is in the heart - so annoying
Amerie- 1 thing
I recall both 1 Thing and Lola’s Theme being overplayed by radio 1 during the times they were released.

I also remember a boy I went to school with was having a right moan about that Lola’s Theme song one night at the youth club. I remember him saying “How are you a different person? Did you get plastic surgery?”

Couldn’t stand it myself.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I dislike Ed Sheeran, Lewis Capaldi and George Ezra... constantly overplayed on the radio! 😴
I love George Ezra! But I agree, Shotgun is so overplayed I always skip it but I love his other stuff.

I recall both 1 Thing and Lola’s Theme being overplayed by radio 1 during the times they were released.

I also remember a boy I went to school with was having a right moan about that Lola’s Theme song one night at the youth club. I remember him saying “How are you a different person? Did you get plastic surgery?”

Couldn’t stand it myself.
I listen to heart dance and both of them are on it all the time, it was only recently that I realised what the words to Lola’s theme were. It’s not even a catchy beat so I don’t understand how it’s stood the test of time!

Anything Cheryl Cole. That woman makes my whole body feel like I’m shagging a cheese grater😖
Also Ed Sheeran. It’s too much. Like way too much
Cheryl Cole can barely sing anyway and she is given the most shocking songs. How she’s made a successful solo career I will never know. She seems nice enough but I feel like she’s the luckiest woman in the world! Have you heard the one from a couple of years ago that flopped, think it was called Love Made Me Do It. Absolutely awful.

Dancing in the moonlight by Toploader. Was the theme for the Jamie Oliver naked chef tv series. Cant stand it

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Dance Monkey makes me think of when kids used to come back to school after going on holiday to Spain with a photo of them with a fully dressed chimpanzee possibly smoking a ciggy or swinging from a can. In mercy’s name let the monkey stop dancing 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Passenger - let her go. Couldn’t understand why it was such a hit when it had primary school rhyming lyrics!
Ed sheeran- I don’t care. Makes me gag.

Reactions: 11
Justine Timberlake "can't stop the feeling"
Pharrell "happy"

Both awful insipid radio friendly songs that got worse the more they were played everywhere.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Come on Eileen. Couldn't even tell you why exactly just makes me uncomfortable, maybe it's the fiddles... showing my age

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Justin Timberlake "Can't stop the feeling" makes me want to claw my ears off I cant stand it.

Candi Staton "Young hearts run free" it's played at every engagement party, wedding reception, christening etc

Deacon Blue "Real gone kid"(for the same reason)

Maroon 5 "Moves like Jagger", especially the intro. I worked in bars/nightclubs round the time it was out so it just repeats on me everytime I hear it now.

Anything from The Greatest Showman. Musicals make me feel so uncomfortable and on edge and I saw a car parked somewhere once and some weird family had it turned up and were singing it at the top of their lungs.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
Sinead O'Connor : Nothing Compares 2 U
Black Eyed Peas : My Humps
Britney : Did it again / One more Time

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Justin Timberlake "Can't stop the feeling" makes me want to claw my ears off I cant stand it.

Candi Staton "Young hearts run free" it's played at every engagement party, wedding reception, christening etc

Maroon 5 "Moves like Jagger", especially the intro. I worked in bars/nightclubs round the time it was out so it just repeats on me everytime I hear it now.

Anything from The Greatest Showman. Musicals make me feel so uncomfortable and on edge and I saw a car parked somewhere once and some weird family had it turned up and were singing it at the top of their lungs.
Sounds like the family from stepbrothers 😂

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Something just like this - Coldplay
Thinking out loud - Ed Sheeran
No promises - Sam Smith
Generally over played songs

All those years before your post I thought she was Candi Station 🚉

Is the Deacon Blue song the one where they do that stupid owl cooing thing in their chorus?

• Haha