Something you do as an adult that if you told your younger self they'd laugh

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I swear I was born older and have steadily regressed over the years 😂

However, garden centres. Small chambers of hell in my youth. Open spaces of tranquility in my adulthood.

Also, sweets. I ate so much IKEA pick and mix a couple of years ago that I actually had to go to bed- I felt that illl.

Reactions: 3
However, garden centres. Small chambers of hell in my youth. Open spaces of tranquility in my adulthood.
This! I love a garden centre now that I am an adult. Also, getting excited about getting a new vacuum cleaner. Could never have imagined that happening!

Reactions: 2
Buying thermal underwear at the age of 27, is definitely something I would never have entertained in my youth.

That, and buying recipe books, food ingredients and actually doing proper cooking that doesn't involve nuking anything in the microwave. :LOL:

Becoming a vegetarian
Enjoying cooking and gardening (despite not being particularly great at either)
Being excited about new household stuff
Running (I use to say that I'd only run if I was running after/away from something)

But the biggest thing is confidence! I was a very awkward teenager, skinny and very self conscious. Now I'm very happy in my own skin, wearing what I want and not giving a damn what people think.

Taking time each week to wash my windows and skirting boards 😂
Each week!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Instead of a cafe or shopping like we once did in our teens/early 20's, my friends and I suggest a National Trust place as a meet up now. We all joined up, and it is lovely.

Being desperate for a slow cooker! My husband and I used to take the piss out of people with slow cookers so now he won’t let us get one because we ‘aren’t old enough’. I personally think he’s in denial :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Canals - I used to hate them as my parents loved a canal walk and I just thought it was so boring. Now I love a stroll down the canal and enjoy the peace and quiet.

Staying in - I used to want to be out all the time whether it be shopping, meals out, nights out. Now I love staying in with my pjs on, candles and tele.

Appliances - I got a hoover for my birthday a few years ago and it was the best present. I love buying a new home appliance or anything to do with my house. I bought a table recently and I was so happy with it and took photos to send to friends.

Drinking - Late teens/early twenties me loved a night out and getting super drunk, now I couldn't think of anything worse. I don't like to drink anymore, it isn't worth it.

Reactions: 3
Checking next days weather report
I always make sure I eat before consuming alcohol
Get more excited about food shopping than clothes shopping

Reactions: 1
When I was a teen working I used to ask older colleagues what they were doing on their day off, they always replied ‘cleaning the house’

younger me never understood why it took all day and why they would spend their day off doing it

now I get it 🤣

I love this thread 🤣

Was literally thinking to myself yesterday if my 18 year old self could see me now as I got in my pyjamas and fluffy socks at 4.30pm after my post gym shower 😂

As a teenager/in my early 20s I was out every Friday and Saturday until 2/3am even if I had work at 6am the next morning. Could think of nothing worse than a full blown night out now. It’s all about cosy nights in.

Being desperate for a slow cooker! My husband and I used to take the piss out of people with slow cookers so now he won’t let us get one because we ‘aren’t old enough’. I personally think he’s in denial :ROFLMAO:
Oh my god. This.

I got a slow cooker two weeks ago and I swear; it’s changed my life. 😂😍 Being able to prep and Chuck it in, leave it whilst I’m upstairs working and have amazingly tasty hot food ready when I finish work and my partner gets back home.

It’s massively reduced the takeaways and pop in the oven crap (like pizza) that was getting out of hand.

I also get a sad satisfaction about planning my meals and seeing the fresh ingredients being used. All ahead of my next weekly food shop delivery 😂😂. This morning I’ve already plotted today’s lunch, dinners and tomorrow’s meals. I’ll have used nearly all my fresh veg and fruit just in time for my Monday shopping arriving.

^^ this is all tragic stuff my younger self would 😳😳

• Heart
Use the phrase "it's like Blackpool illuminations in here!' When all the lights are on in the house

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Joining a running club and generally enjoying exercise. Paying to take part in 10ks/half marathons. I used to forge notes from my mum or fake an injury to get out of PE 🤣