Something you do as an adult that if you told your younger self they'd laugh

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
pretty much what the title says. What is something you do now as an adult that if you told your younger self that you do they'd piss themselves laughing.

I'll start...

My friend and I were laughing today because I went to 3 different supermarkets to find the cheapest quinoa (yes. I actually said quinoa) because it's 'healthier than rice' and I wanted the most value for money. I ended up going back to the first supermarket:rolleyes:

If you'd have told teenage me that I would eating quinoa and going on a full on day out to get it, I'd have died of laughter and told you that there is no way I'll end up that tragic

Interesting in hearing everyone elses or is just me that turned into a boring bastard 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Getting excited over new household appliances. My younger self would think I was sad.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Getting excited over new household appliances. My younger self would think I was sad.
This!!!!! I got a new Hoover during the week and I was so excited. When I realised what I had now turned into, I died a little inside 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Yes getting a new household appliance! I've also found I know enjoy looking at home decor. Young me would have been in the clothes or make up section 🤣 🤣

• Haha
We all brought in a flask of tea for after tennis today outside. It was very windy and drizzly so we did really need it.

We actually toasted with them!!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Not drink. If I would have told me, 13 years ago at 20 that I would stop going on nights out at 27, I would have laughed myself out the door. I remember missing one week of going out clubbing as I was ill in hospital. I felt like the world had crumbled! The life of a student! The best time!

Reactions: 11
Got interested in politics, checking the news all day every day, and getting into political debates with family and friends. I would HATE when my mum did this growing up and now I’m probably worse then she was 🤣

Also complaining in restaurants with inadequate standards of food or service, another thing my mother would always do and I would swear blind that wouldn’t be me, but here we are 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Wearing thick thermal socks, gloves, bobble hat and scarf in wintry weather would certainly be up there.

Writing out the weekly shopping list of the usual stuff (not so much the relatively exciting food and drinks, but the more mundane washing powder, washing liquid, bleach etc)

Settling down to watch Britain's Got Talent, I'm a Celeb.., Big Brother (all of which I thought were lame back in my yoof! Still do in fact, but its mindless escapism)

Reactions: 3
Getting enjoyment out of trips to home store and more and B&Q. I was so excited to buy a new spice rack and toilet brush this week 🤣

Early nights. I used to be such a night owl, now I'm tucked into bed, skin care (80% time) complete, playing solitaire on my phone at 9.30pm lol.

Preferring proper food and genuinely disliking (a lot of) junk food. I always thought adults would talk about how crap junk food tasted because they were trying to put kids off. Didn’t realise tastes actually change!

That I’d be basically tee total. For a period of time during my teens getting sloshed with my mates was the best thing ever. I mean yeah it was fun times (with lots of embarrassing moments) but it I’m glad I grew out of it. Hangovers are the worst.

Reactions: 11
Wearing big comfy knickers (instead of the tiny g-strings & thongs that were the only underwear to be seen in (or not seen in?!) as a teenager)

Enjoying saving money rather than blowing it on pointless shite

eating a mostly plant based diet (I would have laughed while eating a steak if anyone had suggested this when I was younger)

Reactions: 14
I cleaned my house from top to bottom today! What a thrill! I never thought I would say that!

Gardening, even in the most inclement weather. I’d barely water a houseplant when I was younger.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Getting a simple pleasure from a new sponge in the sink
Also loving staying in, fluffy blanket watching old movies. I was such a party animal.
Not filling every minute. Thought older folk were boring. Now it’s bliss

Reactions: 9
Wearing my coat when it's raining AND pulling up the hood!
Teenage me would have been mortified because it was not 'cool' at the time.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Preferring proper food and genuinely disliking (a lot of) junk food. I always thought adults would talk about how crap junk food tasted because they were trying to put kids off. Didn’t realise tastes actually change!
This one is definitely true. A few months ago I went to london (pre covid), I stopped at a service station on my way back and bought a costa vegan smoky ham and cheese toastie, a bottle of water and an apple instead of getting burger king/mcdonald's. I didn't even realise until I went back to the car and thought, god i've changed. Teenage me would never even have dreamt of it. Any excuse for junk food I'd have taken. Now I would rather go for something a bit more nutritious and more importantly, filling! (I do still love junk food but it often makes me feel grim after eating it.)

Reactions: 7