Something you do as an adult that if you told your younger self they'd laugh

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wearing bigger knickers. 😂 My Mum always used to take the mickey out of my skimpy little thongs and lacy knickers when I hung them out on the washing line. 🤣 Oh if she could see me now. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Not be obsessed with clothes and fashion, but wear the same favourites (or replacements in a similar style), day after day. Ditto make-up ... mmm hair is similar too!

Reactions: 4
Enjoying a nice cup of tea

Watching the evening news

New household stuff (appliances and decor - we got new curtains during the week, oh the excitement)

Having a lie in (although younger me enjoyed this too)

God I'm getting old 😂

Reactions: 6
I’d say “at some point in your life, you’ll return back home after uni and consolidate your 3 wardrobes, 2 shoes racks and countless bags of cheap, fast fashion clothes. You’ll THINK it’s worth a lot of money for what you paid, and you’ll be so convinced about getting your money back to buy new items that you’ll have a car boot sale. The sheer site of the pile of clothes, some with tags on, that went untouched all day without a single sale, will change your spending habits forever. You’ll start buying better, buying less, and you’ll own about one fifth of what you did and be WAY HAPPIER!”

Well, I’d probably laugh you out of primark after hearing that 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Similar to the junk food ones, I’ve just made my way through half, yes half, a bar of dairy milk and I actually feel quite sick 😂😂 younger me never would of thought of a day I couldn’t stuff my face with sweets & chocolate !!

Oh and the big paints one! Only recently have I got into this trend and my oh my it’s changed my world. I now start my day grumpy if I’ve only got lacey underwear to wear for work. I had to purchase another 4 pairs last week (as this was only recent I only owned 2 pairs of big pants until then) and I need enough to get me through the week 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Enjoying and voluntarily going to Dunelm Mill. I used to hate that shop and having to traipse around after my mum in the pillow section. Now it’s great!

Reactions: 4
my job (never would I have touch raw meet even at college had to wear gloves)
Not having children
Drinking coffee
Not liking going to bands or festivals anymore (used to blow alot of money on tickets for download leeds fest and any band going at corp)
Not being a size 10 took me ages to lose the weight when I was younger said I would stay it after being size 16 from age 16 to 19. Clothes sizes got smaller and I got greedy again size 14-16 age 35 .

Reactions: 1
Clean things everyday
Get excited about household items
Wear non-sexy underwear
Voluntarily call my mum for a chat 😂

Reactions: 11
Wearing bigger knickers. 😂 My Mum always used to take the mickey out of my skimpy little thongs and lacy knickers when I hung them out on the washing line. 🤣 Oh if she could see me now. 😂
Yes to this. And not wearing matching knickers and brassier. My underwear was always matching and very pretty lace. I would never ever have considered buying cotton knickers at Aldi or Lidl :ROFLMAO:

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Most of mine are food related but not eating with my eyes as much anymore. If something looked disgusting there was no way I'd try it. Now I will give pretty much anything a go.

Reactions: 2
Not wearing make up- from ages 13 to 25 I wore make up everyday, nothing heavy just the basics I liked to call it, couldn't imagine back then not wearing it even popping to the shop I was sooo insecure, but nearly 3 years make up free my skin has never been better! And I have a new found confidence I never thought I would have 😌

• Heart
This one is definitely true. A few months ago I went to london (pre covid), I stopped at a service station on my way back and bought a costa vegan smoky ham and cheese toastie, a bottle of water and an apple instead of getting burger king/mcdonald's. I didn't even realise until I went back to the car and thought, god i've changed. Teenage me would never even have dreamt of it. Any excuse for junk food I'd have taken. Now I would rather go for something a bit more nutritious and more importantly, filling! (I do still love junk food but it often makes me feel grim after eating it.)
Same every week I would have had a McDonalds when in town shopping, as a must do activity. Hit mid 20s and I’ve not been in since for about 5 years. I was a junk food junkie as a teen and student.

Getting excited when waking up in the morning and remembering you washed and dried all the dishes the night before so the sink and draining board are empty 🤣

• Haha
A new bakers shop opened nearby recently and I can't believe how excited I was about it. Younger me would never have thought older me would be excited about the opening of a new bakers shop 😊

• Haha
All of the above. Buying a sensible padded coat for winter and realising that my mum has one similar (she’s 70 !), getting very excited over my new Shark hoover, never wearing heels as they’re too uncomfortable, and only going into bars (pre Covid) if it’s quiet and I can get a seat

Not caring where I buy clothes from, used to be very obsessed with only buying stuff from “cool” shops and actually remember being embarrassed to wear a shirt I got in Matalan incase someone asked where I got it 😂 Wtf.

Actually enjoying shopping for homeware/bedding/DIY stuff

Gave up wearing bras about a year ago. Spent a looong time only leaving the house if I was wearing one of those ridiculous “2 size bigger” bras. People probably wonder where my boobs went but it’s so much comfier!

That I would become a gym lover - never even set foot inside a gym until the age of 21. Probably the most sedentary teen you could ever meet 😂

Also I’m sure my younger self would be shocked and amused to know you can still have a social life and enjoy clubbing at 32 (and you’re not old once you reach 25!). In fact I have probably had more crazy nights out in my late 20s and early 30s than I did when I was younger.

Reactions: 2
How snappy I am with my kids if they don't do something immediately. Just like my mother I swore I would never be :rolleyes:

Oh, and joining the National Trust.