Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

grumpycat

VIP Member
So many amazing achievements guys 🙌🏻
love the idea of celebrating the small and big things about lockdown

For me, I took up running again. We got a treadmill at the start of the year but I actually started road running again. I can happily do a 5k now so small victories 😂 I also spent a lot of time in the garden and it’s become a lovely l little hobby of mine. So many of my friends have started gardening too and it’s been so cool to have this hobby in common!

Our house has been a constant work in progress and we managed to achieve SO much over lockdown. Garden transformations, painting of most rooms (refresh or touch up!) and we are at a place where we are so happy with our house. I’m planning on getting it valued and then seeing where that might take us 🙈 I can’t lie the stamp duty holiday is so tempting

Reactions: 2

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
My relationship with my other half grew so much more
I realised I didn’t have to entertain shit friendships for the sake of it
I’ve always put others before me and lockdown has made me realise my own worth
I’ve come to the conclusion I genuinely love my mini dachshund more than any humans in my life and I can’t decide whether that’s concerning or cute 🤣
You came out winning. I couldn’t agree more about the shit friendships, I have had a smilier experience with one of mine, I have realised she takes much of my time and I get very little back, she is needy and I didn’t realise how needy until recently.

Reactions: 2

FoksiOska

VIP Member
Got back into reading after not prioritising it, it’s been so nice to use it as my switch from the working day (all day at a screen) to chilling with a book. I’ve also got a pretty cracking tan from spending my lunch break and evenings outside, which I wouldn’t normally do.

Fitbit has been telling me I’ve been sleeping better and my resting heart rate has lowered.

I’m definitely less fit than before so envious of those of you with that willpower - not getting my usual 15k steps every day and the wine consumption in the early days has played havoc!
My gosh, I could have written this. I am exactly the same with everything that you have written!

Reactions: 1

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
Became a lot closer to some friends, and others became more distant but it has helped me move on from it - before it was me making all the effort and stressing out about them ditching me now I’ve realised I don’t really need them. Luckily my true friends have been a godsend and we’ve managed to make some great memories even during the height of lockdown (socially distanced of course!)

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
You're right. I'm a fairly new doctor and I should really have had the sense not to be trying, while still qualifying, far too much stress.
Yes, my husband has told everyone he possibly can, there's uber drivers and shop assistants who know my due date, he's a wee bit pleased bless him.
Enjoy your pregnancy and your babies, a positive bit of lockdown news, best wishes

• Heart

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
We'd pretty much given up tbh.
So we were relaxed, spending loads of time together.
It's going to hurt financially initially, as I know I'm going to put my career on hold, can't bear the thought of farming them out.
Two little girls, so the trouble starts here....can't wait!
I think it goes to show that sometimes there’s just no reason, nature will rush for no one! I think anyone with children ( I have two daughters) worries about the finances but it will,all,work itself out, it generally does. Have your told your family and friends?

• Heart

seaborgium

Actually realised I didn’t need to have a takeaway every Saturday night, learnt to actually home cook stuff more instead, perfected Yorkshire puddings, made lasagne & done curry on a Saturday night with the family instead of ordering in, not a massive achievement but we’ve saved money along the way too, we write lists of food we need the night before a food shop & plan meals throughout the week.
It's quite amazing how much a proper planned out week of food can save, both in money and effort. I try do a couple of big dishes that I can freeze and use as leftovers the next week. Thursdays is always leftovers, and Saturday is a lazy meal...but can be me making a takeaway!