Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I had my first child right before lockdown and I developed terrible PND. I feel like I've turned myself around and grown a lot of confidence in being a Mother 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Ooohb*tch!

Awwh there's some fantastic achievements on here! Well done everyone you should all be so proud of yourselves! :)

Lockdown has been very lonely for me, my other half had to work the entire time so I spent every day at home with our dog and 2 cats!
Our positive was booking our runaway wedding for next year! :) My siblings haven't spoken to me for 6 weeks over it but they never rang me once to ask how I was while I was locked in on my own for months so fuck 'um! 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Being with my husband (although he was under the key worker umbrella) and my son at home. I’ve WFH since March and the hours have been relentless but I’ve not had to commute which is a huge plus. Being able to cook dinner every night. Really simple things that ordinarily I wouldn’t have been able to do on a day to day basis as before lockdown I’m up from 04:30am and home by 19:30

Reactions: 9

Dragon100

Chatty Member
Before lockdown I dropped a dress size through healthy eating, during lock down I have dropped a further 2 dress sizes through healthy eating and lots of long walks.

I have purchased a car and got back to driving after many years (a good time to do it as the roads were quiet and the roads got slowly busier). I always intended to get back to driving, and it was always a plan to eventually book a refresher lesson but never got round to it!! I clearly needed a car for my next positive and refresher lesson were not possible.

I have redeployed as a covid 19 tester, through my employer and after 22 years in my normal role am finding it a breath of fresh air - i love it. The car and driving has enabled me in this work. I am not needed in my current role for the foreseeable future and am happy to do my bit. It was scary to start with especially as my drive to work takes me on roads and roundabouts I have always hated and avoided, now i drive them like a pro!!

The biggest positive I have found is that I have the strength to achieve so much more than I thought.

I am happier with my body, happier with my independence, happier with my current employment situation (yes will go back to my normal job role when all this is over - but I will have somthing really good to put on my cv - but don't want to bite the hand that feeds me if there are few oppertunities).

Lockdown has been good for me!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8

SpiceWeasel

VIP Member
I have really enjoyed being at home! I have occasionally had a little bit of cabin fever but that’s been easily fixed by a drive out somewhere. I’m still off work but normally I live in hotels during the week all over the country, then on weekends we are often out all the time either a night out or away at a family event of my OH’s (which i struggle with as I’m very introverted). We were meant to have been on a European city break at the end of June then had two weeks in Spain booked for July, now I just think was I hell bent on spending as little time at home as possible? Our house is lovely and we have done so much to it too during lockdown. Before it just felt like a base to pack my suitcase and I could never keep on top of anything but now it really feels like home ❤ we are going away for a few days in the UK this week for my birthday and I’m really going to miss it 🤣 god knows what I’ll do when I go back to work.

I’ve also finally realised that it’s okay to say no and that it doesn’t make you rude, it’s okay to decline to do things you don’t want to. Have stopped speaking to a couple of very toxic people too and feel so much better for it 😊

Mbella

I found out that one of my neighbours is a West End star - she put a note through our door explaining that she was going to be doing some live streams from her garden and promised it wouldn't go on any later than 8pm. Very considerate.

So the last four Fridays I've had my back door open and enjoyed listening to show tunes performed live by all of her friends!

Bogwoppit

VIP Member
Actually realised I didn’t need to have a takeaway every Saturday night, learnt to actually home cook stuff more instead, perfected Yorkshire puddings, made lasagne & done curry on a Saturday night with the family instead of ordering in, not a massive achievement but we’ve saved money along the way too, we write lists of food we need the night before a food shop & plan meals throughout the week.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
After deciding last year to give up my nursing registration and just stay at home (I know how incredibly lucky I am to even type that!), got asked to help out at the local nursing home when some of their nurses had to shield. Have absolutely loved every last hard working, crazy minute and am now hoping to stay put and have been accepted to do my masters! After a few years of running round after hubby and teenagers I am actually going to spend some time doing what I want to and it's great.

ShowMeYourFeline

Chatty Member
For the first time in maybe 7 years, most nights, I am finally getting nearly enough sleep. Normally I'm chronically sleep deprived in order to meet my volunteering and social obligations. I normally would get 3-4 hours sleep per night (often less), then have a 1-2 hour nap in the evening.

• Wow

Justhereforacreep

My relationship with my other half grew so much more
I realised I didn’t have to entertain shit friendships for the sake of it
I’ve always put others before me and lockdown has made me realise my own worth
I’ve come to the conclusion I genuinely love my mini dachshund more than any humans in my life and I can’t decide whether that’s concerning or cute 🤣

Carmen 6

VIP Member
It’s such lovely news especially in these weird times. Do you think you’ve been more relaxed about it and that’s why it happened? Either way it must have been a shock and extreme joy and twins!
We'd pretty much given up tbh.
So we were relaxed, spending loads of time together.
It's going to hurt financially initially, as I know I'm going to put my career on hold, can't bear the thought of farming them out.
Two little girls, so the trouble starts here....can't wait!

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Lollipop2123

Chatty Member
I love all of these. Well done everyone! I didn't lose weight, I probably didn't save money and I didn't learn to bake (like I said I would) BUT I learnt how resilient I am. Looking after my kids whilst working full time, both my husband and I were at formal risk of redundancy (managed to keep our jobs luckily) and just surviving... Might seem small but I'm proud of this.

I love everyone's stories, so uplifting xxx

• Heart

Belulah

VIP Member
I’ve realised I actually like my husband after being stuck with him for months 😂
This happened to my sister! I think actually spending time together instead of just living in the same house has done wonders for couples!

Carmen 6

VIP Member
I think it goes to show that sometimes there’s just no reason, nature will rush for no one! I think anyone with children ( I have two daughters) worries about the finances but it will,all,work itself out, it generally does. Have your told your family and friends?
You're right. I'm a fairly new doctor and I should really have had the sense not to be trying, while still qualifying, far too much stress.
Yes, my husband has told everyone he possibly can, there's uber drivers and shop assistants who know my due date, he's a wee bit pleased bless him.

• Heart

openbook1

VIP Member
That is really good, you should be proud. Definitely saved money since cancelling my gym membership and not eating out at restaurants every weekend - although we get the odd takeaway.

Reactions: 5

Lola UK

VIP Member
I went back to study an A Level as a mature student and I found out today I passed! Next step.. university 🤞🏻

Reactions: 5