Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bubble And Squeak

Used the money we had saved for our holiday and bought a van to convert into a campervan, doesn’t sound like much but my boyfriend has wanted one for years, if our holiday wasn’t cancelled we would have spent a ton of money in Florida and wouldn’t have a van to go loads of little weekend trips!! We see it as a positive

• Heart
Reactions: 5

skintsocks

VIP Member
I used my time at home to re-start my website business, after it was wrecked by a breakdown caused by an evil person years ago. My son came home from Uni, and brought his girlfriend with him, and I honestly think I know him better now than I ever did before. I learned to make loads of fakeaways which has saved a fortune (both in money and calories), and the garden actually looks as if someone cares. I did manage to break my ribs in week one of lockdown but you can't have everything :)

chellyyx

Potty trained and then Toilet trained my 2 year old!! What better time than when you can’t go out anyway 🤣

VomitCulture

I took up running (ran 8k the other day without stopping!), I saved enough money to cover my moving costs next year & cleared off about £4K of debt & got off my antidepressants!

Lockdown has been difficult at times but there has been some good things that have come out of it.

Mrs Cucumber

VIP Member
I loved lockdown and spending time with my little family! Seeing the bond strengthen between my children was lovely and seeing how chilled the dog became was amazing!

cedarpeach

My relationship with my other half grew so much more
I realised I didn’t have to entertain shit friendships for the sake of it
I’ve always put others before me and lockdown has made me realise my own worth
I’ve come to the conclusion I genuinely love my mini dachshund more than any humans in my life and I can’t decide whether that’s concerning or cute 🤣
this is lovely! I feel the same. In the very early days of lockdown both me and my OH were bickering a lot. We were both frightened and anxious about getting ill I think. As time has gone on, though, the arguing has stopped and instead our relationship has deepened and we both take so much pleasure in just being together. I think this virus has made both of us realise how little most things matter and it’s helped us focus on the really important stuff. We were both workaholics even though we hated work and it really affected our health and quality of life. We’ve really taken a step back and realised work is just a job and should he treated as such!

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Naataaliiee

Spent the last 3 months of my maternity leave with just me, my baby and my other half. No fuss, no extravagent plans or days out, no having to rush round to visit family etc. Just quality time spent at home, playing, watching her grow, having cuddles and the odd sneaky nap!!
I’ve also lost a stone, which i’m so proud of!

Definitelyme

VIP Member
I don’t have anything to share (apart from I kept my kids alive 😂) but this thread has been wonderful to read 💕💕

• Heart

TravellingPants

Chatty Member
Got back into reading after not prioritising it, it’s been so nice to use it as my switch from the working day (all day at a screen) to chilling with a book. I’ve also got a pretty cracking tan from spending my lunch break and evenings outside, which I wouldn’t normally do.

Fitbit has been telling me I’ve been sleeping better and my resting heart rate has lowered.

I’m definitely less fit than before so envious of those of you with that willpower - not getting my usual 15k steps every day and the wine consumption in the early days has played havoc!

Reactions: 3

Boredofthegram

VIP Member
Got much fitter (completed c25k and now doing daily HIIT workouts).
Got closer to my son after having a lot of guilt of sending him to nursery/going back to work too soon when he was a baby.
Passed an exam and training for work on something I thought was too technical for me previously.

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
Probably not as positive as other peoples achievements but I stopped biting my nails completely after 2 decades. Mainly because I read someone got COVID 19 from biting their NAILS and with my health anxiety, boy did that prompt me to stop.

But also, I have chewed my nails right down to their nail beds for 20 years. No idea what triggered me to bite my nails, but they was so bad. My confidence hit rock bottom when they was at that stage where they just constantly kept bleeding and I suffered from many infections with yellow pus (sorry tmi but luckily didn't get septic from it)!

It's been since March I've stopped and I'm just amazed how different my hands look lol they no longer look stumpy! They don't grow as long as I would like them but they are growing and quite strong as I use nail hardener.
Well done!! I dont think people realise how hard it is to stop biting your nails 😬 I stopped but then started again after 5yrs 😩 Trying again now to stop 🤞

LaurieLaurie

VIP Member
Lots of new romances I think! My best friend got together with a girl after they both took on temporary supermarket jobs while on furlough.

Mickybrowneyes

VIP Member
I was made redundant from my work in July.....but was headhunted for a better job paying almost double at a highly regarded company. Start in a couple of weeks when I come off maternity leave and looking forward to it!! The £12k redundancy payout went down a treat too!!
So now after worrying about living as a family of 4 on one income we now have a better chance to move to a bigger place and stay in the local area, in the near future.
That’s fantastic!

• Heart

JLXRD

VIP Member
Love this thread!

I got a new job in a team who are lovely opposed to my old team who made me cry ALOT ha.

I also got back into reading which has made me so happy and helped my MH so much.

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
I finished chemo, and had time to get used to my post surgery, post chemo body without having friends and relatives constantly tell me I look well, tired, thin, bloated from steroids, suit a bald head. I know they mostly ment well but a break from the never ending comments regarding how I look have been nice. And I passed my degree after 4 years of working full time and fitting in studying with the open uni
Makes a very inspiring read. Congratulations on your degree and May your health continue to improve.

Lollipop2123

Chatty Member
I finished chemo, and had time to get used to my post surgery, post chemo body without having friends and relatives constantly tell me I look well, tired, thin, bloated from steroids, suit a bald head. I know they mostly ment well but a break from the never ending comments regarding how I look has been nice. And I passed my degree after 4 years of working full time and fitting in studying with the open uni
This is brilliant xxx

Reactions: 2