Something positive that’s happened to you during lockdown?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We'd pretty much given up tbh.
So we were relaxed, spending loads of time together.
It's going to hurt financially initially, as I know I'm going to put my career on hold, can't bear the thought of farming them out.
Two little girls, so the trouble starts here....can't wait!
I think it goes to show that sometimes there’s just no reason, nature will rush for no one! I think anyone with children ( I have two daughters) worries about the finances but it will,all,work itself out, it generally does. Have your told your family and friends?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I think it goes to show that sometimes there’s just no reason, nature will rush for no one! I think anyone with children ( I have two daughters) worries about the finances but it will,all,work itself out, it generally does. Have your told your family and friends?
You're right. I'm a fairly new doctor and I should really have had the sense not to be trying, while still qualifying, far too much stress.
Yes, my husband has told everyone he possibly can, there's uber drivers and shop assistants who know my due date, he's a wee bit pleased bless him.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My relationship with my other half grew so much more
I realised I didn’t have to entertain tit friendships for the sake of it
I’ve always put others before me and lockdown has made me realise my own worth
I’ve come to the conclusion I genuinely love my mini dachshund more than any humans in my life and I can’t decide whether that’s concerning or cute 🤣

Reactions: 7
I’ve come to the conclusion I genuinely love my mini dachshund more than any humans in my life and I can’t decide whether that’s concerning or cute 🤣
this is lovely! I feel the same. In the very early days of lockdown both me and my OH were bickering a lot. We were both frightened and anxious about getting ill I think. As time has gone on, though, the arguing has stopped and instead our relationship has deepened and we both take so much pleasure in just being together. I think this virus has made both of us realise how little most things matter and it’s helped us focus on the really important stuff. We were both workaholics even though we hated work and it really affected our health and quality of life. We’ve really taken a step back and realised work is just a job and should he treated as such!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
You're right. I'm a fairly new doctor and I should really have had the sense not to be trying, while still qualifying, far too much stress.
Yes, my husband has told everyone he possibly can, there's uber drivers and shop assistants who know my due date, he's a wee bit pleased bless him.
Enjoy your pregnancy and your babies, a positive bit of lockdown news, best wishes

• Heart
I used my time at home to re-start my website business, after it was wrecked by a breakdown caused by an evil person years ago. My son came home from Uni, and brought his girlfriend with him, and I honestly think I know him better now than I ever did before. I learned to make loads of fakeaways which has saved a fortune (both in money and calories), and the garden actually looks as if someone cares. I did manage to break my ribs in week one of lockdown but you can't have everything :)

Reactions: 5
You came out winning. I couldn’t agree more about the tit friendships, I have had a smilier experience with one of mine, I have realised she takes much of my time and I get very little back, she is needy and I didn’t realise how needy until recently.

Reactions: 2
I finished chemo, and had time to get used to my post surgery, post chemo body without having friends and relatives constantly tell me I look well, tired, thin, bloated from steroids, suit a bald head. I know they mostly ment well but a break from the never ending comments regarding how I look has been nice. And I passed my degree after 4 years of working full time and fitting in studying with the open uni

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I finished chemo, and had time to get used to my post surgery, post chemo body without having friends and relatives constantly tell me I look well, tired, thin, bloated from steroids, suit a bald head. I know they mostly ment well but a break from the never ending comments regarding how I look have been nice. And I passed my degree after 4 years of working full time and fitting in studying with the open uni
Makes a very inspiring read. Congratulations on your degree and May your health continue to improve.

Reactions: 3
I finished chemo, and had time to get used to my post surgery, post chemo body without having friends and relatives constantly tell me I look well, tired, thin, bloated from steroids, suit a bald head. I know they mostly ment well but a break from the never ending comments regarding how I look has been nice. And I passed my degree after 4 years of working full time and fitting in studying with the open uni
This is brilliant xxx

I got a new job. Wasn’t sure about the online interviews but it went ok and I started yesterday.

Reactions: 11
Before lockdown I dropped a dress size through healthy eating, during lock down I have dropped a further 2 dress sizes through healthy eating and lots of long walks.

I have purchased a car and got back to driving after many years (a good time to do it as the roads were quiet and the roads got slowly busier). I always intended to get back to driving, and it was always a plan to eventually book a refresher lesson but never got round to it!! I clearly needed a car for my next positive and refresher lesson were not possible.

I have redeployed as a covid 19 tester, through my employer and after 22 years in my normal role am finding it a breath of fresh air - i love it. The car and driving has enabled me in this work. I am not needed in my current role for the foreseeable future and am happy to do my bit. It was scary to start with especially as my drive to work takes me on roads and roundabouts I have always hated and avoided, now i drive them like a pro!!

The biggest positive I have found is that I have the strength to achieve so much more than I thought.

I am happier with my body, happier with my independence, happier with my current employment situation (yes will go back to my normal job role when all this is over - but I will have somthing really good to put on my cv - but don't want to bite the hand that feeds me if there are few oppertunities).

Lockdown has been good for me!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Became a lot closer to some friends, and others became more distant but it has helped me move on from it - before it was me making all the effort and stressing out about them ditching me now I’ve realised I don’t really need them. Luckily my true friends have been a godsend and we’ve managed to make some great memories even during the height of lockdown (socially distanced of course!)

I took up running (ran 8k the other day without stopping!), I saved enough money to cover my moving costs next year & cleared off about £4K of debt & got off my antidepressants!

Lockdown has been difficult at times but there has been some good things that have come out of it.

So many amazing achievements guys 🙌🏻
love the idea of celebrating the small and big things about lockdown

For me, I took up running again. We got a treadmill at the start of the year but I actually started road running again. I can happily do a 5k now so small victories 😂 I also spent a lot of time in the garden and it’s become a lovely l little hobby of mine. So many of my friends have started gardening too and it’s been so cool to have this hobby in common!

Our house has been a constant work in progress and we managed to achieve SO much over lockdown. Garden transformations, painting of most rooms (refresh or touch up!) and we are at a place where we are so happy with our house. I’m planning on getting it valued and then seeing where that might take us 🙈 I can’t lie the stamp duty holiday is so tempting

I don’t have anything to share (apart from I kept my kids alive 😂) but this thread has been wonderful to read 💕💕

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I went back to study an A Level as a mature student and I found out today I passed! Next step.. university 🤞🏻

Got much fitter (completed c25k and now doing daily HIIT workouts).
Got closer to my son after having a lot of guilt of sending him to nursery/going back to work too soon when he was a baby.
Passed an exam and training for work on something I thought was too technical for me previously.

Reactions: 3
I found out that one of my neighbours is a West End star - she put a note through our door explaining that she was going to be doing some live streams from her garden and promised it wouldn't go on any later than 8pm. Very considerate.

So the last four Fridays I've had my back door open and enjoyed listening to show tunes performed live by all of her friends!

Reactions: 8