Something positive that’s happened to you during lockdown?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve started to really enjoy my own company and I realised I don’t actually have to make time for people I don’t like... Before lockdown I would go for dinner with someone I didn’t like, dread it beforehand and then during the dinner count down the hours until it was over. Now... I’m being far more picky with my time and who I spend it with.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I’ve definitely learnt to enjoy my own company too. Before lockdown I couldn’t enjoy just being at home doing nothing.

Reactions: 11
Potty trained and then Toilet trained my 2 year old!! What better time than when you can’t go out anyway 🤣

Reactions: 5
For the first time in maybe 7 years, most nights, I am finally getting nearly enough sleep. Normally I'm chronically sleep deprived in order to meet my volunteering and social obligations. I normally would get 3-4 hours sleep per night (often less), then have a 1-2 hour nap in the evening.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I have really enjoyed being at home! I have occasionally had a little bit of cabin fever but that’s been easily fixed by a drive out somewhere. I’m still off work but normally I live in hotels during the week all over the country, then on weekends we are often out all the time either a night out or away at a family event of my OH’s (which i struggle with as I’m very introverted). We were meant to have been on a European city break at the end of June then had two weeks in Spain booked for July, now I just think was I hell bent on spending as little time at home as possible? Our house is lovely and we have done so much to it too during lockdown. Before it just felt like a base to pack my suitcase and I could never keep on top of anything but now it really feels like home ❤ we are going away for a few days in the UK this week for my birthday and I’m really going to miss it 🤣 god knows what I’ll do when I go back to work.

I’ve also finally realised that it’s okay to say no and that it doesn’t make you rude, it’s okay to decline to do things you don’t want to. Have stopped speaking to a couple of very toxic people too and feel so much better for it 😊

Reactions: 8
Awwh there's some fantastic achievements on here! Well done everyone you should all be so proud of yourselves! :)

Lockdown has been very lonely for me, my other half had to work the entire time so I spent every day at home with our dog and 2 cats!
Our positive was booking our runaway wedding for next year! :) My siblings haven't spoken to me for 6 weeks over it but they never rang me once to ask how I was while I was locked in on my own for months so duck 'um! 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Got dumped at the start of lockdown, then I started chatting to a guy I used to fancy at work 7 years ago and we are now an item 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Lots of new romances I think! My best friend got together with a girl after they both took on temporary supermarket jobs while on furlough.

Reactions: 3
Got back into reading after not prioritising it, it’s been so nice to use it as my switch from the working day (all day at a screen) to chilling with a book. I’ve also got a pretty cracking tan from spending my lunch break and evenings outside, which I wouldn’t normally do.

Fitbit has been telling me I’ve been sleeping better and my resting heart rate has lowered.

I’m definitely less fit than before so envious of those of you with that willpower - not getting my usual 15k steps every day and the wine consumption in the early days has played havoc!

I love all of these. Well done everyone! I didn't lose weight, I probably didn't save money and I didn't learn to bake (like I said I would) BUT I learnt how resilient I am. Looking after my kids whilst working full time, both my husband and I were at formal risk of redundancy (managed to keep our jobs luckily) and just surviving... Might seem small but I'm proud of this.

I love everyone's stories, so uplifting xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Probably not as positive as other peoples achievements but I stopped biting my nails completely after 2 decades. Mainly because I read someone got COVID 19 from biting their NAILS and with my health anxiety, boy did that prompt me to stop.

But also, I have chewed my nails right down to their nail beds for 20 years. No idea what triggered me to bite my nails, but they was so bad. My confidence hit rock bottom when they was at that stage where they just constantly kept bleeding and I suffered from many infections with yellow pus (sorry tmi but luckily didn't get septic from it)!

It's been since March I've stopped and I'm just amazed how different my hands look lol they no longer look stumpy! They don't grow as long as I would like them but they are growing and quite strong as I use nail hardener.
Well done!! I dont think people realise how hard it is to stop biting your nails 😬 I stopped but then started again after 5yrs 😩 Trying again now to stop 🤞

Used the money we had saved for our holiday and bought a van to convert into a campervan, doesn’t sound like much but my boyfriend has wanted one for years, if our holiday wasn’t cancelled we would have spent a ton of money in Florida and wouldn’t have a van to go loads of little weekend trips!! We see it as a positive

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Fell pregnant with twins after six years of trying.
My husband's dazed expression is a joy.
👭

• Heart
Reactions: 22
It’s such lovely news especially in these weird times. Do you think you’ve been more relaxed about it and that’s why it happened? Either way it must have been a shock and extreme joy and twins!
We'd pretty much given up tbh.
So we were relaxed, spending loads of time together.
It's going to hurt financially initially, as I know I'm going to put my career on hold, can't bear the thought of farming them out.
Two little girls, so the trouble starts here....can't wait!

• Heart
Reactions: 6