Something positive that’s happened to you during lockdown?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Spent the last 3 months of my maternity leave with just me, my baby and my other half. No fuss, no extravagent plans or days out, no having to rush round to visit family etc. Just quality time spent at home, playing, watching her grow, having cuddles and the odd sneaky nap!!
I’ve also lost a stone, which i’m so proud of!

Reactions: 4
I had my first child right before lockdown and I developed terrible PND. I feel like I've turned myself around and grown a lot of confidence in being a Mother 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 10
After deciding last year to give up my nursing registration and just stay at home (I know how incredibly lucky I am to even type that!), got asked to help out at the local nursing home when some of their nurses had to shield. Have absolutely loved every last hard working, crazy minute and am now hoping to stay put and have been accepted to do my masters! After a few years of running round after hubby and teenagers I am actually going to spend some time doing what I want to and it's great.

Reactions: 7
Got back into reading after not prioritising it, it’s been so nice to use it as my switch from the working day (all day at a screen) to chilling with a book. I’ve also got a pretty cracking tan from spending my lunch break and evenings outside, which I wouldn’t normally do.

Fitbit has been telling me I’ve been sleeping better and my resting heart rate has lowered.

I’m definitely less fit than before so envious of those of you with that willpower - not getting my usual 15k steps every day and the wine consumption in the early days has played havoc!
My gosh, I could have written this. I am exactly the same with everything that you have written!

Reactions: 1
Actually realised I didn’t need to have a takeaway every Saturday night, learnt to actually home cook stuff more instead, perfected Yorkshire puddings, made lasagne & done curry on a Saturday night with the family instead of ordering in, not a massive achievement but we’ve saved money along the way too, we write lists of food we need the night before a food shop & plan meals throughout the week.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Actually realised I didn’t need to have a takeaway every Saturday night, learnt to actually home cook stuff more instead, perfected Yorkshire puddings, made lasagne & done curry on a Saturday night with the family instead of ordering in, not a massive achievement but we’ve saved money along the way too, we write lists of food we need the night before a food shop & plan meals throughout the week.
It's quite amazing how much a proper planned out week of food can save, both in money and effort. I try do a couple of big dishes that I can freeze and use as leftovers the next week. Thursdays is always leftovers, and Saturday is a lazy meal...but can be me making a takeaway!

Love this thread!

I got a new job in a team who are lovely opposed to my old team who made me cry ALOT ha.

I also got back into reading which has made me so happy and helped my MH so much.

Reactions: 3