Sofie's World

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like that Sofie speaks quite well, even picking up her husband/his family's calabrese accent more or less. Though she can sometimes be a bit vulgar, which always takes me by surprise lol. I curse in my daily life, but I wouldn't do it on a public platform lol.
Yeh and you can see she is making an effort to improve as well when she corrects herself on things like the subjunctive etc. I really wonder how kacie manages wheb they are wjth a groupnof his italian friends or family? What annoys me most about people not bothering to learn the local language to at least a good degree is it usually tends to be native English speakers, in my experience anyway and just adds to the embarassinf sense of "well everyone speaks English anyway why should I learn" that so many people say

Reactions: 2
From what I have seen @emm , Kacie mainly speaks English with Dario's friends. I've seen this in her IG stories anyway, and even when Sofie and her husband were there for Thanksgiving, they were all speaking in English for the most part (not directly to the camera, that is.) I guess that's why KR crying about comments she isn't fluent annoys me. The easiest way is just insist on speaking with her boyfriend at home. And even then, now that I think of it, in her stories they watch tv all in Eng too.

While Sofie has always seemed interested in Italy, also due to her grandfather, Kacie is just someone who took a trip to Italy and sparks flew. I don't think she really wants to live here, nor as any natural curiosity about the country, history etc.

anyone see all of the negative comments on KR's instagram about the army base visit? I don't really know what she expected tbh, obviously her american fans and those on other bases would be supportive but I have never met many (or any?) italians who are really fans of having american army bases in their country. It always struck me as bizarre and as if we are still living in the Cold War.

I agree about Sofie, I think the decision for her and her partner to move seems like both of them wanted and it was very much mutual, with Kacie it seems more like she was convinced to, after all she gave up a career she obviously loved in NY which she has no chance of doing in Italy

Reactions: 1
I saw that @emm lol. Mainly because she tends to put up a "stop the negativity!" type of posts when people criticize her. I'm American, but I found her song use "I'm comin' home" in one of the stories/reels from there so cringey and gave me the sense she's "that" type of American. Also, she's what? 30 or close to it? Her crappy diet will catch up with her one day. I just don't understand living in Italy, yet preferring all the sugar, fat , chemicals and nitrates in American junk. She wears Ranch Dressing as some badge of honor.

I saw that @emm lol. Mainly because she tends to put up a "stop the negativity!" type of posts when people criticize her. I'm American, but I found her song use "I'm comin' home" in one of the stories/reels from there so cringey and gave me the sense she's "that" type of American. Also, she's what? 30 or close to it? Her crappy diet will catch up with her one day. I just don't understand living in Italy, yet preferring all the sugar, fat , chemicals and nitrates in American junk. She wears Ranch Dressing as some badge of honor.
Totally agree, I am British and live in the UK but her obsession with US junk food is :rolleyes: I I wonder how Dario views the fact she doesn't view Italy as home? Especially as NY wasn't really her home (in the family sense)

I'm curious about Dario too, also since he is a chef lol. Also, I get cravings too. I get it. I buy random things like Pringles once in a while. But she seems to actually prefer all this junk? Or maybe part of it is playing to her audience.

Random: I saw NonstopParis in someone's IG stories. Didn't she sometimes come hang out in Rome with Sofie and Zoe? Am I thinking of someone else?

You’re right, @Denise0211 - NonstopParis aka Cheryl is a friend of Zoey and, by proxy, Sofie. She used to have a YouTube channel but for some unknown reason took everything down several years ago. They did that whole “grande futuro” merch drop which to me was very much like “fetch” in Mean Girls.

900.jpg

Plain text on a tee? For influencer merch? Groundbreaking.

egina-george-mean-girls-throwback-thursday-640x480.jpg

“Stop trying to make ‘grande futuro’ happen! It’s not going to happen.”

By the way, the real OGs might remember that at one point Sofie had her own T-shirt merch that had pizza slices for tiddies.

C69651D4-11E3-4EFB-B7A5-DFC7CD288868.jpeg

I saw KR’s story addressing the hate comments but looking at the original post, it took me a while of scrolling before I really found anything and even then I wasn’t sure what the problem was. She made it sound like she was getting tit left and right but from what I saw it was a few people saying “Really, Kacie?” 🙄 she strikes me as being very sensitive to negative feedback.
By the way, is the majority of her audience even Italian? Those are the people I would assume have the biggest problem with what she did.

Thanks for the info @moronglace ! I thought I remembered NSP, but hadn't seen anything from or about her in ages. Lol at the merch. I do remember Grande Futuro🙄 but not Sofie's pizza🤣

Btw, agree about Kr's sensitivity. I wish I could remember what reel or post it was but she commented something similiar. Like "we're not challenging other people's opinions" or similar. It was over the holidays, IIRC and I only remember thinking "I don't see any rude comments here...?"

ETA: Nevermind! I know what it was. It was the reel about her trip to London and how some woman was shocked she used toothpaste "because Americans don't." One, I'm pretty sure I'd chalk it up to an isolated incident and not assume all Brits think this. 2. She posted a whole reel about it 3. The comments were just normal, either joking about Austin Powers or actual Brits noting free dental isn't covered by NHS for everyone. Kacie was all over the comments , and I'm not sure what she expected given she made the incident public for views and comments. 🤷

Last edited:
Thanks for the info @moronglace ! I thought I remembered NSP, but hadn't seen anything from or about her in ages. Lol at the merch. I do remember Grande Futuro🙄 but not Sofie's pizza🤣

Btw, agree about Kr's sensitivity. I wish I could remember what reel or post it was but she commented something similiar. Like "we're not challenging other people's opinions" or similar. It was over the holidays, IIRC and I only remember thinking "I don't see any rude comments here...?"

ETA: Nevermind! I know what it was. It was the reel about her trip to London and how some woman was shocked she used toothpaste "because Americans don't." One, I'm pretty sure I'd chalk it up to an isolated incident and not assume all Brits think this. 2. She posted a whole reel about it 3. The comments were just normal, either joking about Austin Powers or actual Brits noting free dental isn't covered by NHS for everyone. Kacie was all over the comments , and I'm not sure what she expected given she made the incident public for views and comments. 🤷
That anecdote was so dull, the kind of thing you would find hilarious when drunk but not otherwise. I cannot believe it is true anyway, most people are not so ignorant about people in the US (in the way that americans are sometimes about other places)

6E985B89-B7D9-4BEF-9BFE-A084FB10CC4C.jpeg

1. Maybe it’s just me because I still tend to mask up in most public spaces where most people around me do not, but I think it is disrespectful mot to mask up in a taxi.

2. Don’t act like you’ve never been stinky in/on public transport before or been exposed to someone else’s funk. I’m sure there was a time before renting taxis 24/7 that you were either part of the problem or you’ve deal with it before.

3. She probably pays more in taxis than I do in gas in a month 🙄 and she is in Florence.

Did anyone see her Live last night? Once again it was clearly to advertise SR products. I have to give her credit bc she is pretty natural about it (more than many, anyway.) If somebody DIDN'T know it might not be obvious. But, the whole "Just got back from dinner with a bunch of Italian women (pre Fashion week dinner meeting, I'm positive) let's do my nighttime routine!" (Using only SR) is getting stale. The funny thing was one of her colleagues was in the comments making sure to name the products and "suggest" ways of using them. Like GTFO lol.

That reminds me of the time Sofie, Kacie and I think Tia Taylor (I'm not 100% it was her but I don't really follow others in Italy) all posted on THE SAME DAY about "randomly" going for a ride on some brand's e-bike. 😂 Sofie was funny bc she showed herself holding up traffic and being embarrassed. KR said something like (yawn, stretch) "I just can't wake up today! I think a ride on this e-bike is just the thing I need!" 🙄🙄🙄

Also adding, I saw some news about a tik tok MU "guru" that is getting slammed bc she never put #ad and only #partner or #gifted on posts she was obviously promoting products she was paid for. Not sure if tik tok rules are different than IG's, but Sofie treads a fine line there, IMO. She has a well paying higher tier job for SR. Not disclosing this clearly every time just seems shady.

Wow. I had no idea this happened.

---

Sunday Riley seems sketchier by the moment. Fake reviews, dubious credentials, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they were completely greenwashing their products. Especially when they talk about being green while continuing to use plastic packaging (but Sofie says you can reuse the containers to hold trinkets!!)

---

---

That little plastic piece in the Good Genes bottle (that holds less product than the actual glass bottle) looks like the perfect size to get lodged in the throat of some sea creature.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Yeah @moronglace and Sunday, the person, seems to be a bit "in it to win it." I found the comment about buying a farm in Tuscany, sight unseen, "on a whim" a bit gross, too, TBH.

I remember seeing video of the event mentioned in the article--the one "for expat women." The few I recognized were all very wealthy, mainly from family money but also married to rich Florentines.

This Sunday Riley thing is insane, how were they able to come back from that? Or I guess that is why their whole strategy now seems to be influencer marketing.

Not sure it's been mentioned here but I have started getting recommended videos by Carlo and Sarah on YouTube, I mistook them for another similar couple (American/italian) this content is so bizarre and annoying, they both seem like nice people but alllll of their content is just as if neither of them know anything about the other country "what? In America bar is just for alcohol?!" I mean they are married and (i presume as she cannot speak any italian) live in the US. How long can channels like this really work?

Oh God @emm Yeah, Carlo and Sarah were maybe funny the first 2 videos lol... I don't know why these things ("let me make my Italian husband mad/play a joke on him/laugh at his English etc) are so popular. There's that other couple, The Pasinis, too. Though he seems less simpatico to me. I think @moronglace mentioned these types upthread.

Oh God @emm Yeah, Carlo and Sarah were maybe funny the first 2 videos lol... I don't know why these things ("let me make my Italian husband mad/play a joke on him/laugh at his English etc) are so popular. There's that other couple, The Pasinis, too. Though he seems less simpatico to me. I think @moronglace mentioned these types upthread.
Yes, i had seen the pasinis before and assumed they were the same couple ( despite in retrospect looking nothing alike 😅) the pasinis seem even worse, as i said carlo and sarah seem nice and natural (ish) but both are just...

I wonder if she's thinking of collaborating with Kacie or joining up with a travel company on her own?
IMG_20230127_223653.jpg

Sofie and Zoey (separately) did Instagram tours in Rome through Airbnb back in the day, but I bet this would be with Kacie or someone else - remember Tess, that friend of Kylie who was running her own tours called Clam Tours (really unappealing name if you ask me)?

---

Oh no, she bought a rundown Tuscan farmhouse? Well no wonder they suddenly decided to bring the company to Italy, then all her Under the Tuscan Sun adventures can be written off! Is she about to be Renovating a Ruin? Maybe Bottega Flavell can team up with Sunday Riley for Milan Fashion Week.

Sunday Riley: “If it (Italian farmhouse) sucks, I can sell it.”
From the cunning business strategist who brought you “deleted negative reviews directly translates to more sales!!”
When they let MLM moms become CEOs…

Last edited:
  • Haha