Sofie Hagen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah I got the costume…but she’s still going out to parties etc with big groups. Seems weird to smugly wear a costume like that when you’re doing the same thing as everyone else and also ignoring the elephant in the room.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Yeah I got the costume…but she’s still going out to parties etc with big groups. Seems weird to smugly wear a costume like that when you’re doing the same thing as everyone else and also ignoring the elephant in the room.
In a way, this all perfectly sums up Sofie though. Desperately trying to be on her high horse and have the last laugh whilst massively missing the point.

Reactions: 12
EXACTLY this. Knew she was elephant in the room, but still don't understand her actions. And yes, particularly when she's higher risk for severe Covid. I'm on the paranoid side - 40s, normal BMI, triple vaccinated and still can't imagine parties - but it's her thinking she's so clever and never actually taking care of herself that leaves me bemused.

Reactions: 3
It’s not even attending the party that annoys me tbh (it’s legal/what ppl are personally comfortable with even if I personally wouldn’t) - it’s attending a party and still somehow thinking you have the moral high ground over everyone else at the same party for me 🤪 covid doesn’t infect the self righteous apparently 😌

can’t wait for the next huge caption about every single feeling they had before, during and after attending the party:

“Let’s explore this TOGETHER as PARTNERS in examining our reactions to contexts that you mere mortals just don’t understand. This costume was to prove a POINT about how attending parties is a PRIVILEGE in the pandemic. I got some messages about it and I was immediately DEFENSIVE and I pondered for hours about WHY. I realised that we need to consider the NUANCE of these situations. I know that those who aren’t as PRIVILEGED as me wouldn’t have felt safe attending but I’m here to remind you that I am also NOT PRIVILEGED in other ways and therefore there is no way you can criticise me because I have ALREADY CONSIDERED every single angle, intersection and nuance of this situation” 🥱 🥱

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
EXACTLY this. Knew she was elephant in the room, but still don't understand her actions. And yes, particularly when she's higher risk for severe Covid. I'm on the paranoid side - 40s, normal BMI, triple vaccinated and still can't imagine parties - but it's her thinking she's so clever and never actually taking care of herself that leaves me bemused.
yeah exactly I think everyone needs to assess their own needs and what they are or aren’t comfortable with. I don’t begrudge anyone going to parties and equally I respect anyone who doesn’t feel comfortable doing so - but you don’t get to have both! Either you’re happy to be indoors with groups and are willing to take the risk or you aren’t!

Reactions: 6
I honestly think it’s trolling and fishing for being called out tbh! Sofie obviously gets deep pleasure (somehow) from both angrily calling others out and angrily obsessing over nuances of being gently corrected by the fanzzzzz.

I wouldn’t mind so much except the people she vents at are literally the people paying for shows and funding Sofie’s cab journeys and expensive tech via Patreon!

Reactions: 9
That costume is the cringiest thing I have ever seen. If anyone attended my party wearing that I would do a massive eyeroll and ask them to leave if they felt they were so much more "pandemic aware" than everyone else.

But it's classic Sofie, she thinks she's soooooo clever but her actions suggest otherwise.

Reactions: 8
i thought the elephant in the roon was supposed to be that the pandemic is still on but we are ignoring it
thats exactly how I read it too

either way. If it causes confusion, it’s a tit costume

It’s not even attending the party that annoys me tbh (it’s legal/what ppl are personally comfortable with even if I personally wouldn’t) - it’s attending a party and still somehow thinking you have the moral high ground over everyone else at the same party for me 🤪 covid doesn’t infect the self righteous apparently 😌
precisely this

Reactions: 3
so she is now clearly just asking for gifted clothes, does she have no shame?

Reactions: 5
so she is now clearly just asking for gifted clothes, does she have no shame?
literally a quick google search tells me simply be (ok not exactly a small business) can ship next day if you order by 10pm - and I’m probably being really picky here but in general I don’t like it when people expect small businesses to operate to similar timescales as companies like Amazon or ASOS.

Maybe some small businesses are happy and able to do this, but it feels like the question box (intentional or not) invites businesses to compete based on how quickly and how heavily discounted they can work. It’s a general Insta influencer thing that really gives me the ick

there are people who are much worse than Sofie and build their careers off “sustainability” whilst doing this exact thing, but this isn’t a rave thread so I stand by being picky whilst Sofie is still pretending they’re this incredible intersectional activist 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
literally a quick google search tells me simply be (ok not exactly a small business) can ship next day if you order by 10pm - and I’m probably being really picky here but in general I don’t like it when people expect small businesses to operate to similar timescales as companies like Amazon or ASOS.

Maybe some small businesses are happy and able to do this, but it feels like the question box (intentional or not) invites businesses to compete based on how quickly and how heavily discounted they can work. It’s a general Insta influencer thing that really gives me the ick

there are people who are much worse than Sofie and build their careers off “sustainability” whilst doing this exact thing, but this isn’t a rave thread so I stand by being picky whilst Sofie is still pretending they’re this incredible intersectional activist 🤣
yeah exactly, for most small businesses next day delivery is just impossible for how expensive it is. And why does she need last minute clothes so urgently?!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Most small business have only a handful of employees (sometimes it’s just the founder by themselves) so thats asking a lot isn’t it! And to rush down to the post office/sort courier express delivery. And I think if you’re a small clothes business then presumably you mostly make your products to order, rather than having a few size 30 items just hanging about. Sofie is on another planet.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.