Sofie Hagen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What is wrong with them??

“You misinterpret my intensity and curiosity for distress and upset”
Christ it’s like all those times on Instagram she’ll say “Please picture me here calmly smiling happy to discuss the nuance of this issue”, usually in the same day she’s posted 5 stories blowing up after reading into somebody else’s comment.
I really hate the "you're clearly not well" it feels like gas lighting and it's vile. What on Earth has he said to warrant this?

• Angry
Reactions: 16
Convenient way for Sofie to twist things.... he’s not threatening legal action because of a tweet, he’s threatening it because Sofie set all her followers on him, posting the whole tirade on her stories like she was proud of it.

And she’s so lacking in self esteem I think she genuinely feels pleased to have the power to rile her followers up like that, but had to make a (obviously fake) show of telling them off.

Can you imagine what would happen if Sofie ever discovers she has a Tattle thread... I think they would implode.

Attachments

Reactions: 7
Oh my goodness, I've just read it and I'm surprised that Sofie has left it up - they do not come across well at all.

Sofie trying to spin it that Daryl clearly is unhappy in his life is such a cliche that people who live their lives online like to throw out when they get any criticism at all. End of the day, you have the right to tweet whatever rubbish you want and others can reply whatever rubbish they want (as long as it's legal etc etc) but COME ON - yes, maybe he didn't really need to say that Sofie did not by any means need to GO OFF like that. They seem worryingly disproportionately offended by him.

What on earth does Sofie mean when they're all 'it didn't take me long to find all this out, I'm not bothered about you in the slightest, just intrigued'

Sofie, hun, you definitely look like you're bothered.

As someone said above, 'you're clearly not well' is classic gaslighting to the level that Sofie would lash out if someone directed that towards them. It is patronising and stigmatising of anyone dealing with difficult things. From the 'research' Sofie has done, they seem to be making the assumption that Daryl is having a hard time mentally, hence his acting out. That is so harmful and wrong.

Even if it was true (which we don't know in this case) then it is never the case that harmful actions can be excusable because of mental health. People who have mental health concerns are not all rude and online bullies - you'd think that with all of their ✨ awareness raising ✨ and ✨activism✨ Sofie would understand this.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Where to start. An offhand 3 word comment is trolling, but stalking through someone's social media profiles to level a personal attack on their character to a massive audience isn't???

Also how dare she use 'you're obviously not well' to discredit someone, when her favourite excuse for her own behaviour is that she has mental health issues and therefore can never be held accountable!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Where to start. An offhand 3 word comment is trolling, but stalking through someone's social media profiles to level a personal attack on their character to a massive audience isn't???

Also how dare she use 'you're obviously not well' to discredit someone, when her favourite excuse for her own behaviour is that she has mental health issues and therefore can never be held accountable!
I found the comment about him being Welsh hilarious, should that be somehow an issue that makes him have issues :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
She’s gone to some depth in her poking through his profiles. Pulling apart his writing career just feels an extra cruelty. Can you imagine her response if someone did the same to her?!

I really used to quite like her but not so much now. I’ve also noticed more comments in the bad people podcast that feel jarring. I’d have to go back and listen to quote specifics but I know a few times I’ve felt very uncomfortable listening.

Reactions: 13
Madness! They posted the conversation from their Twitter on IG and then said they're disappointed that their fans have attacked this man. Excuse me?? Would any of your fans even have seen this random tweet had you not plastered it all over IG??? "Here, followers, are all the details of something that happened that upset me! Here is the name of the person who did this to me. I AM SO DISAPPOINTED THAT YOU CONTACTED/GOOGLED THIS PERSON."

Also. *posts 10000 covert photos of dogs* "what do you think about taking covert photos of dogs?" "I think its bad" "I think its fine". Sofie "even if you think it's fine, you shouldn't do it." Hang on. What? Says the woman who just posted 10000 dog photos? Why not think about whether you agree with it before posting the photos. And if you do choose to post them, don't then tell people off who say they think it's okay to do?!!!!!

Actual madness!
Even goes and watch his LinkedIn. What a stalker she is.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Does she actually have any die-hard fans and followers? I always assumed everyone that is remotely interested in her, just tolerates her or maybe finds her relatable, as oppose to really loving her 'work'

Reactions: 4
She’s lost the plot hasn’t she? Genuinely gone a bit unhinged.
Sofie strikes me as someone who has probably always been this unkind but was able to keep it better hidden until last year.

I honestly have never understood her appeal. As we discussed, they are a poor representation of mental health and being plus sized because she’s so unkind but also embodies so many negative traits that are often held against people from these groups.

I have so many friends who like Sofie and I genuinely don’t understand it. I have a couple who have severe MH issues and look up to them and I feel like there must be so many vulnerable people who follow Sofie and see them as an example which is really sad and a bit concerning.

Reactions: 11
There seem to be quite strict conditions around interacting with Sofie.

You have to never disagree with what they say. In your head you can, but not in public. Never to her face

If Sofie disagrees with something someone else has said or done she is allowed to do so in public, but you are not allowed to give your opinion because that’s not being respectful of her boundaries.

If Sofie is an hole it is not her fault, because she is traumatised.

You’re not allowed to suggest that it is possible for Sofie to be both an hole AND traumatised because that’s mean and disrespecting her boundaries.

You are never allowed to criticise Sofie, ever.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She actually moans about how intense her fans are quite a lot.
yeah I think she is actually the kind of person who only really has die hard fans tbh. I am a member of her FB group and this is the impression I get, never any negative comments, all just praise for her

Reactions: 1
There seem to be quite strict conditions around interacting with Sofie.

You have to never disagree with what they say. In your head you can, but not in public. Never to her face

If Sofie disagrees with something someone else has said or done she is allowed to do so in public, but you are not allowed to give your opinion because that’s not being respectful of her boundaries.

If Sofie is an hole it is not her fault, because she is traumatised.

You’re not allowed to suggest that it is possible for Sofie to be both an hole AND traumatised because that’s mean and disrespecting her boundaries.

You are never allowed to criticise Sofie, ever.
Even when you agree with her she still criticises people too! She’s always has to be more right

Reactions: 5
Surely an unfollow is a more effective way of stopping the flow of her nonsense? I had only followed Sofie briefly and then found here. They really are a piece of work!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.