Sofie Hagen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her "it's not lazy, it's essential rest" thing completely falls apart when you have any responsibilities whatsoever or at least responsibilities you aren't ignoring like her poor dog. Most people would rather stay in bed longer than get up and get ready for work and get their kids ready for the day. But they don't get that "rest" because they have tit to do and don't expect or assume other people will just do it for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Like how would this work in a relationship or a house share..."sorry I can't do my share of the chores, I need to lie around eating chocolate mousse, it's not that I'm lazy I just need essential rest."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
oooft Iā€™m back - once again Sofie takes ideas from intersectional activists and applies them in the completely wrong way - since when was ā€˜people on vacationā€™ an oppressed group LMAO šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

I think the idea of ā€˜lazinessā€™ can be used to oppress people when it stems from ableism or when you apply it to marginalised groups of people as a whole - and I think thatā€™s very real when it comes to toxic productivity, medical settings (the amount of times Iā€™m told Iā€™d cure my incurable illness via exercise and weight loss lmao), the benefits system and who we see as ā€˜deservingā€™ of success/support/wealth. But that doesnā€™t mean laziness doesnā€™t exist?!?

ā€˜essential restā€™ isnā€™t a way to try and justify neglecting your actual responsibilities (like walking your dog that you CHOSE to buy).

Laziness does exist and it doesnā€™t necessarily make you a bad person - yeah if you donā€™t want to get dressed then do what you want I donā€™t care, but when it starts negatively affecting those that you are responsible for (LIKE YOUR DOG) then itā€™s obviously a problem!?!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
oooft Iā€™m back - once again Sofie takes ideas from intersectional activists and applies them in the completely wrong way - since when was ā€˜people on vacationā€™ an oppressed group LMAO šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

I think the idea of ā€˜lazinessā€™ can be used to oppress people when it stems from ableism or when you apply it to marginalised groups of people as a whole - and I think thatā€™s very real when it comes to toxic productivity, medical settings (the amount of times Iā€™m told Iā€™d cure my incurable illness via exercise and weight loss lmao), the benefits system and who we see as ā€˜deservingā€™ of success/support/wealth. But that doesnā€™t mean laziness doesnā€™t exist?!?

ā€˜essential restā€™ isnā€™t a way to try and justify neglecting your actual responsibilities (like walking your dog that you CHOSE to buy).

Laziness does exist and it doesnā€™t necessarily make you a bad person - yeah if you donā€™t want to get dressed then do what you want I donā€™t care, but when it starts negatively affecting those that you are responsible for (LIKE YOUR DOG) then itā€™s obviously a problem!?!
Well said šŸ‘šŸ»

At some point in your life you have to take responsibility for your life and stop giving into every negative urge

Reactions: 12
I agree that the expectation to be productive all the time is ridiculous as rest is important, but letā€™s not pretend ā€˜lazinessā€™ is a completely made up concept! If I have a lie in on a Saturday and watch a bit of Netflix with my child, thatā€™s rest - I deserve it and itā€™s nice to relax and switch off. But if I take Friday off for a long weekend - spend all 3 days in bed, donā€™t get dressed, ignore the pile of dirty plates from last night, donā€™t take my little one out for a walk or play - thatā€™s lazy! Or I have a Chinese at the end of my road - ordering takeaway from there for delivery rather than walking 50feet would be lazy!

Nobody is saying you have to spend all of your down time scrubbing your bathroom or learning a new language. But neither extreme is good for you. Particularly when you freely admit you have a lot of free time and no discernible routines or structure in your life.

Also it takes a certain type of privilege to not need to work long hours, or be able to order takeaway whenever youā€™d like because you dong fancy cooking. Easy to say lazy doesnā€™t exist and lounge around all day when you have very few responsibilities.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Well said šŸ‘šŸ»

At some point in your life you have to take responsibility for your life and stop giving into every negative urge
it reminds me of the occasions when my partner catches me being genuinely lazy like when I lose stuff because I couldnā€™t be arsed to put it away properly in the first place and I sometimes try and pull the whole ā€˜well itā€™s my illness you see, itā€™s the brain fog, you canā€™t call out poor lil tired me šŸ„ŗā€™ but heā€™s like ā€˜you forget that I knew you before you got ill and you did exactly the same, this is just your personalityā€™ DAMN IT šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Like how would this work in a relationship or a house share..."sorry I can't do my share of the chores, I need to lie around eating chocolate mousse, it's not that I'm lazy I just need essential rest."
Exactly! What about if neither person in a relationship can be assed... Sorry I mean what if both people "need a rest"... You just live in filth? Don't bother to feed your kids?

Reactions: 5
Iā€™m going to tell my children I canā€™t get up and make them breakfast as Iā€™m having some ā€œessential restā€ā€¦

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I haven't been on Instagram the while week but has Sofie acknowledged the situation in Ukraine at all? All I've seen is her talking about her trip and trying to flog cheap tat through affiliate links. Given how vociferous she's been about politics in the past I'm really surprised she's not mentioned it.

Reactions: 2
I haven't been on Instagram the while week but has Sofie acknowledged the situation in Ukraine at all? All I've seen is her talking about her trip and trying to flog cheap tat through affiliate links. Given how vociferous she's been about politics in the past I'm really surprised she's not mentioned it.
Not that I've noticed, but then again maybe I've been too busy cackling at her strain at having to fake enthusiasm in her new career as an influenza! The strain of having to cover up her vile personality must be excruciating, poor luv!

Anyway if she's made any money from those affiliate links, I'll be truly shocked. Who wants to take organising advice from a woman who literally revels in living in a filthy cave loaded with tat, or buy clothes off someone who brags about not showering for days on end :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Still waiting for the BONNE MAMAN collab btw!! Nothing says aspirational social media content like hammering four choc mousses for breakfast, followed by a zonked out morning on the couch while the dog pleads silently to be let out!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
And as if by magic, the links appear...

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Is anyone watching her IG live? No? You have jobs? Ok, whatever.

But Hank is DESPERATE for a walk. Whining, barking, pacing, like the kind of behaviour that makes me feel terrible if my dog does it and I try and get him out ASAP. It was really sad to watch.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Does anyone know what really happened between Deborah and Sofie? Sofie doesnā€™t even follow Debs back on socials. Seems a bit odd.

Reactions: 2
Does anyone know what really happened between Deborah and Sofie? Sofie doesnā€™t even follow Debs back on socials. Seems a bit odd.
there was some argument on the guity fem fb group(which used to be open but was then closed for comments)I missed what happenedas by the tine i checked all had been removed but it was something about deborah and white feminism

Reactions: 1
I'd love to know. I've grown to really dislike Deborah FW the last few years.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.