Sofie Hagen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So glad to see her pop up on here. I have listened to her podcasts. I enjoyed them but she's gradually soured on me. Such a bitchy attitude and all the fat positivity stuff - meh. I noticed the bathroom stories yesterday and thought she was being a real cow.

Reactions: 5
I had to unfollow a while back, not interested in her dog, not a dog person (sorry) and it was constant! Asking questions and telling us every detail and thing she did and was doing with him but then tells everyone she doesn't want advice but the constant need for validation was annoying as duck!

Reactions: 4
Couldn't it be a cultural thing? People from Nordic countries appear to be rude for certain things. It's a different education.
Or maybe she's just a c***🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Couldn't it be a cultural thing? People from Nordic countries appear to be rude for certain things. It's a different education.
Or maybe she's just a c***🤣
I do collaborative projects with academics from Denmark and Sweden and they are very direct, yes, but they’re not like this. She’s just a twit.

I worry for that poor dog.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
So cos I’m new to her...she’s supposedly a comedian? Is she even actually funny? I’ve gotten zero funny vibes from her

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So cos I’m new to her...she’s supposedly a comedian? Is she even actually funny? I’ve gotten zero funny vibes from her
She's a comedian, but I must say that even when I really liked her I always found her stand up very cringe worthy. Her comedy (and entire identity) revolves around her somehow being so unique because she's fat, has mental health issues, and is non binary.

She co-founded a podcast that I adore called The Guilty Feminist with another comedian (an actual funny one). She came across really well on it, but suddenly left the podcast as it was gaining traction. She went on to start two other podcasts which were pretty good - she asks guests pretty good questions and has a very soothingly voice/accent. She's also written a fat positive book called Happy Fat.

I don't know whether "fame" has gone to her head or whether she's just generally a horrible person, but I started following her on Instagram and was just appalled by how she seems to belittle her followers. I can't listen to her podcasts anymore because I just can't stand her as a person.

I like her voice as well but she's annoying as hell on Insta. I really have gone off The Guilty Feminist as well, Deborah Frances White really grates on me. She's another who became irritating over the course of this year.

I like her voice as well but she's annoying as hell on Insta. I really have gone off The Guilty Feminist as well, Deborah Frances White really grates on me. She's another who became irritating over the course of this year.
yeh same i think its just been going on too long at this stage and is becoming repetitive. also her fans are so obsessed with herthey laugh hysterically at anything. last time i saw it live which was i think the 4th time it was unbearable

Reactions: 2
Like many it seems, I was a fan but this influencer life isn't going to work for her. Comedians interact with their fans very differently to influencers, and you have to soften up if you want to keep a big non-comedy following. She needs to either be at least vaguely polite to the people trying to interact with her, or just not invite interaction.

yeh same i think its just been going on too long at this stage and is becoming repetitive. also her fans are so obsessed with herthey laugh hysterically at anything. last time i saw it live which was i think the 4th time it was unbearable
Read your post with great interest - was supposed to see Guilty Feminist live at the Apollo before Covid hit. Early last year I was bordering on fanatical about DFW and the podcast, but something changed during lockdown. It may have been the special lockdown episodes where she interviewed her privileged friends about how much they were suffering during the pandemic because they couldn't go for cocktails and get their hair done.

Reactions: 3
I feel like now she’s trying to sell tickets she’s being slightly less obnoxious to people

• Haha
Read your post with great interest - was supposed to see Guilty Feminist live at the Apollo before Covid hit. Early last year I was bordering on fanatical about DFW and the podcast, but something changed during lockdown. It may have been the special lockdown episodes where she interviewed her privileged friends about how much they were suffering during the pandemic because they couldn't go for cocktails and get their hair done.
Yes! Exactly this. I loathed watching her at home. Those stupid Trelise Cooper glasses as well. Trelise is a known witch to smaller businesses. She sued someone with a slightly similar name and was a right witch about it. DFW bangs on about the glasses every time. Also big gaudy glasses do not a personality make. I feel better I have got his off my chest 😂.

• Haha
  • Heart
If you have bad anxiety and know you often have periods where you can't get out of bed for days then whyyy would you get a massive dog that clearly needs epic walks every day. Ugh it's so annoying.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
If you have bad anxiety and know you often have periods where you can't get out of bed for days then whyyy would you get a massive dog that clearly needs epic walks every day. Ugh it's so annoying.
Sofie getting Hank (seemingly overnight and from a disreputable breeder) for some reason gives me this feeling that she somehow thought Hank could help her mental health.

I can't prove it at all, but that's just the vibe that I get - that she was lonely or struggling with her mental health and thought a sort of "therapy dog" would help - which is completely unfair; we're meant to take care of our pets and not the other way around. She even mentioned her therapist saying something about Sofie transferring some issue or another onto her dog.

She'd mentioned on numerous occasions before that she loves dogs but she didn't think she should get one as because she doesn't leave her flat if she can help it and he has to travel a lot for work.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.