Slopalong: Cooking with Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but I’m a bit behind on this thread - has the ‘headrush spaghetti’ been attempted yet? I would do it myself, but it’s a non vegan recipe and I‘m not sure about veganising it.
I believe @traumatised sideboard made this a while ago and it was, as predicted, revolting.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
That vindaloo recipe 🤦🏻‍♀️

One large aubergine and 100g of lentils - serves 2-4? Are her friends playmobil people.

Also I’d like to know where the 6 mile run fits in with the terrible arthritis diagnosis timeline.
I thought that too but I was too enraged by the measly spice to remember to mention it 😂 Actually she whines in the kickstarter excuse-athon that she cannot drag things to post office or even write the labels as it’s so bad so WHO bleeping KNOWS

• Haha
Reactions: 21
@That Forensic Man please put me down for “I cannot get enough of this 5 minute thing” (from CoaB), dear one.
Who bleeping knows what it is - it contains beans, pulses or lentils but beyond that, I am stumped.
If you could enlighten me @Notmycat, then I will make it this week.
🫡

• Haha
Reactions: 21
@That Forensic Man I’m up for trying the microwah-vey mac’n’cheese. I may be wrong but doesn’t look like this has been tried before. I’ll opt for the marmite variant, rather than spinach. The comments about lumps on the BBC Good Food website aren’t filling me with positive vibes.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I
Head Rush Spaghetti
I certainly had a rush of blood to the head when I read this. I couldn’t believe my eyes and so I read it again.
White chocolate, mushrooms and garlic in pasta.
I am actually stunned.

Quoting myself but my sleeves have arrived so my slop will take place this evening
I’ve laughed so hard at this that my legs are crossed because I don’t think I’ll make it upstairs to the bathroom and might just piss my knickers where I sit!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
It is so hard to follow her recipes to the letter when you know that it just won’t work!

I am currently slopslinging and my house smells of boiled onion. Full report to follow if I survive the experiment.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
That vindaloo recipe 🤦🏻‍♀️

One large aubergine and 100g of lentils - serves 2-4? Are her friends playmobil people.

Also I’d like to know where the 6 mile run fits in with the terrible arthritis diagnosis timeline.
Apparently, she was diagnosed after the Kickstarter.

Did the launch party ever take place btw??
3D89AB86-02FB-4031-B01D-6671EAAA6D80.png

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
I certainly had a rush of blood to the head when I read this. I couldn’t believe my eyes and so I read it again.
I am actually stunned.
It reminded me of the time on Hells Kitchen where someone tried to serve a dish containing raw scallops, venison, olive oil, capers and grated white chocolate. That went about as well as you could imagine 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
I can’t see Red Wine and Mushroom Risotto on there, so I will choose that, as all rice interchangeable and OH is a bit of a risotto fan. Will use this recipe
I will donate the cost of the ingredients to my local food bank too. I will also cost the recipes. I would edit the spreadsheet but I can’t see how to. Sorry.
Edited to add its from A Hirl Called Jack

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I just remembered I had the evidence of the dx - 19th October 2016. The recipe was published on her blog in January 2016 so her decline was very swift. From doing six mile runs (always impressed by any single mum who can fit exercise into her day as it’s pretty hard when you have small children) to being barely able to walk in less than 10 months

1491BB40-4B0C-4ADB-A375-36FFF52BA095.jpeg

ETA you will be pleased to hear that she could in fact still hold her brushes as she was posting selfies on the makeup site for another year - including her daily lipstick advent calendar all through December 2016.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
I am actually stunned.

I’ve laughed so hard at this that my legs are crossed because I don’t think I’ll make it upstairs to the bathroom and might just piss my knickers where I sit!
Hahaha sorry

Just a note, I know it seems frivolous spending on fake mask & sleeves but the £7/8 it cost for them & the cost of my slop ingredients. I doubled the amount (£20 total) & bought stuff for my local food bank. So something good has came out of my daft idea

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I can’t see Red Wine and Mushroom Risotto on there, so I will choose that, as all rice interchangeable and OH is a bit of a risotto fan. Will use this recipe
I will donate the cost of the ingredients to my local food bank too. I will also cost the recipes. I would edit the spreadsheet but I can’t see how to. Sorry.
Edited to add its from A Hirl Called Jack
@Penelope_Ghent here is the rest recipe from the book for comparison with photo of what intended to look like

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I just remembered I had the evidence of the dx - 19th October 2016. The recipe was published on her blog in January 2016 so her decline was very swift. From doing six mile runs (always impressed by any single mum who can fit exercise into her day as it’s pretty hard when you have small children) to being barely able to walk in less than 10 months

View attachment 1706352
ETA you will be pleased to hear that she could in fact still hold her brushes as she was posting selfies on the makeup site for another year - including her daily lipstick advent calendar all through December 2016.
Since when can a GP diagnose rheumatoid arthritis? 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.