Slopalong #2 You can’t polish a turd, but you can cover it in parsley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Frying the aubergine first would have given it lots of flavour. Also salt.
Loved the tattoos.

Reactions: 18
A very witty write up of another tragic recipe.

Jack if you’re reading and I really hope you are a much better use of those ingredients would be to use the flour, eggs and milk to make pancakes for breakfast and then use the rhubarb and custard for a tasty warming pudding after lunch/dinner/tea depending on when you eat your main meal and what you call it.

Reactions: 31
The real one sounds lovely.

Reactions: 10
I am not in the pay of Big Ramen but yes, the actual 'Eat The Bits' sauce is incredibly good.

Reactions: 10
I like
Exactly this. Or put the rhubarb into a saucepan, add a little brown/Demerara sugar or honey, cover it with water, and simmer it gently and tenderly for about 20 mins. This also works very well with fresh rhubarb when it's in season, not that Jack ever uses any seasonal ingredients.

Reactions: 20
Hmmmmm. I think Jack nicked this recipe due to the amount of garlic/ginger, curry powder, butter and coconut milk .
It’s possible tweaks were made by the BBC website people - I do think they test their recipes.

Reactions: 19
@Slop n slide The inexplicable Doc Marten! I'm ashamed to say I didn't notice it until the stirring briskly photo and then it was extra funny for being unexpected.

Reactions: 20
Good idea, what were the other hazardous ones? @Anyfulekno
so far I've counted:
Letting rice sit on the side for ages instead of cooling quickly - allows lots of Bacillus cereus bacteria to grow and give you the shits/food poisoning peanut milk rice pudding
frying tinned potatoes - they can explode due to the water content (can't recall which recipe this was in - will update when I find it)
storing/infusing herbs in oil - risk of botulism Whoa F*ck Dressing

*edit : found it, it was the recipe for hot nicoise mentioned upthread hot nicoise

Reactions: 19
The thing (not calling it a dish, it isn’t) is cooked and tasted.
I’ll write a proper review later but now I’m off to cleanse my mouth with homemade brownies (double fudge and walnut, thanks for asking!)

Reactions: 39
I’ll go out and buy a (pigskin) hat asap

I was shooketh that they were made of beef and pork, which surely should be portmantea’d to “bork” is it normal to mix beef and pork? Let’s face it they contain the same amount of fillers as a Linda’s veggie sausage

Reactions: 23
It’s possible tweaks were made by the BBC website people - I do think they test their recipes.
Possible, but they seriously fucked up with the prep vs cooking time.

@Notmycat please can I request the original dal makhani recipe from Cooking on a Bootstrap book for comparison. Thankyou.

Weirdly my Dal Makhani slopalong seems to have disappeared from the Wiki. Is this a deliberate attempt to sabotage our smol pixie because I gave it a 4 Or, it is because I'm blind drunk (absolutely) following eating 1 portion of dal as my total nutrition for the day and a bottle of cava?

CONSPIRACY THEORY

Edited for typos cos I'm pissed

Reactions: 37
I think we also have concerns about manky salad pesto - she says “give it a sniff” to see if it’s ok to eat, but people can’t smell botulism

Catchy, might bring out a #merch range

Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.