Slopalong #2 You can’t polish a turd, but you can cover it in parsley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh sorry, yes it's uncooked. You can just cook the amount you want and freeze the rest.
I followed a recipe on thriftyLesley's website which worked perfectly, but made a big amount so I froze half. Lesley doesn't get the publicity that Jack gets, but she has better recipes, and has a few shopping lists and meal plans.

Reactions: 19
Even as a #1978truther I think Jack's too young to remember the That's Life "killer red kidney beans", isn't she?
I remember the killer kidney beans, I’m a huge fan of dried beans and pulses they are cheap and with the exception of kidney beans can be soaked overnight and popped in a slow cooker as part of a casserole/stew/soup for delicious non slop meals.

Reactions: 20
Thanks space you x
Ps the 10p made me lol

Reactions: 12
what the fluck!!! The potatoes are already cooked, why waste money heating them up and for gnocchi you need to have cold mashed potato or it won’t hold its shape. Surely if you really cared about poor people you would suggest using left over mashed potato for gnocchi, that way you save money by only cooking potatoes once. I will be amazed if this actually works as tinned potatoes don’t mash well.

Reactions: 29
She has a weird obsession with tinned potatoes, and thinks that food banks are innundated with them.
Personally I never got any in my food bank visits (or spaghetti hoops for that matter).

Reactions: 30
"Point y thin gs
Ouch y-do no t touch"

Reactions: 21
Even as a #1978truther I think Jack's too young to remember the That's Life "killer red kidney beans", isn't she?
Oh! As an actual 1978 herr this does actually bring back vague memories.

Esther Rantzen believed that she'd been poisoned by a Delia Smith chilli recipe so carried on a bizarre one-sided feud, mentioning at every opportunity both the dangers of kidney beans and the recklessness of Delia for using them. Is that right?

I mostly remember it because of the way my mum loudly scoffed every time she spotted Rantzen on the telly - she was definitely in Team Delia, and loudly opined that Rantzen was obviously incapable of following recipes. Jack, take note! WARNED.

Reactions: 42
Id never heard of this, brilliant!

Reactions: 20
I wonder if Jack will teach Content to say "sausages" like the dog Esther Rantzen had on "That's Life." (One for the older Fraus)

She might even go the whole hog and get it to say "bollock sausages"

Reactions: 52
I wonder if Jack will teach Content to say "sausages" like the dog Esther Rantzen had on "That's Life." (One for the older Fraus)

Or degloved sausages.

Reactions: 38
Completely off-topic now, but I've just found the other side of the story. Sounds my mum might have been a little too pro-Delia!

Reactions: 17
She’s speaking in her special slow voice with a patronising smile for the povs because they’re all thick

Reactions: 14

I still say sausages like that dog did

Reactions: 40
I feel I should slopalong too, just trying to decide what
So much choice - not many sick buckets.

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.