Slimmingworldxgemx

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She has Inflammatory Bowel Disease - nothing to do with laxatives!
Sorry it’s just I have it too, and it upsets me seeing people blaming silly ideas on such a serious disease. X
Funny how you've just popped up a member today just to defend Gem.

Reactions: 4
I've followed her for years and as far as I know she has Chron's. I remember her doing a big post about umming and ahhing about where to get the bag or not as some people with the condition do and don't. I know the singer Anastasia is also a chron's suffered, that's why she has the big scar down her stomach from having a section of her bowel out. I've not a clue where the whole laxative idea came from as I've never seen anything to actually back it up, unless anyone has read anything different?

Reactions: 1
I've followed her for years and as far as I know she has Chron's. I remember her doing a big post about umming and ahhing about where to get the bag or not as some people with the condition do and don't. I know the singer Anastasia is also a chron's suffered, that's why she has the big scar down her stomach from having a section of her bowel out. I've not a clue where the whole laxative idea came from as I've never seen anything to actually back it up, unless anyone has read anything different?
The laxative thing came from a thread a long while back on gomiblog. A lady came on there to say that she knew her and the family, and that she abused laxatives in her twenties as a bid to lose weight and it left her with bowel issues and a bag. The lady in question also had other personal information about Gem that suggested she did indeed know her.

Not saying it’s true, but there’s where it came from

Reactions: 3
I particularly enjoyed yesterday’s post referencing ‘popping to her mum’s’ for dinner - she’s keen for people to stop thinking she lives with her!

Reactions: 6
Funny how you've just popped up a member today just to defend Gem.
I joined ages ago, I just don’t comment. I follow Gemma because she has a colostomy bag (like myself) and does SW and I found her relatable.
I felt the need to comment to defend the fact that people assume laxatives were the reason she had a colostomy bag and not because of a serious disease that isn’t talked about enough.
But this is why I have never commented, as people jump on you as soon as you do!

Reactions: 10
I joined ages ago, I just don’t comment. I follow Gemma because she has a colostomy bag (like myself) and does SW and I found her relatable.
I felt the need to comment to defend the fact that people assume laxatives were the reason she had a colostomy bag and not because of a serious disease that isn’t talked about enough.
But this is why I have never commented, as people jump on you as soon as you do!
I don’t think she done anything wrong! Not sure why she even has a thread just because she has a large account 🤷🏼‍♀️

The laxative thing came from a thread a long while back on gomiblog. A lady came on there to say that she knew her and the family, and that she abused laxatives in her twenties as a bid to lose weight and it left her with bowel issues and a bag. The lady in question also had other personal information about Gem that suggested she did indeed know her.

Not saying it’s true, but there’s where it came from
I think it's why I remembered it - someone potentially lying about IBD just doesn't sit well with me, as a person living with it. I hope she hasn't, I do quite like her!

Reactions: 5
Had to finally unfollow.
Too many "look how great I am" posts and queue the "wow you are superwoman!!! 1!!" comments.
Running 5k on the hottest day of the year when you have a heart condition 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 9
Had to finally unfollow.
Too many "look how great I am" posts and queue the "wow you are superwoman!!! 1!!" comments.
Running 5k on the hottest day of the year when you have a heart condition 🤦‍♀️
How irresponsible! She’s a martyr 🙄

Reactions: 7
Her captions and the way she types grates on me. “And that.... was awful...... a 5k run.................. on a hot day......................”

Jesus god woman you sound illiterate.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The thing I think is a problem with the martyr element of things is that her daughter has the same heart condition and it’s not exactly giving her the best sense of how to manage it safely. Yes life goes on and great, do all the things with no limits - that part is great teaching, but running 5k on the hottest day of the year? Irresponsible for many reasons.

Reactions: 8
There was rumours that she brought on the issues with her stomach due to abusing laxatives in her 20s. I have no idea if that’s true.

I do really like her, tbh I find her a bit boring if anything.

She lives with her mum.
This is pure simple tit! Did she have the condition before she abused laxatives (which she did); if not, highly likely the abuse has a bearing.

Reactions: 2
She has a thread because a lot of people find her annoying as duck. She has a very aesthetically pleasing Instagram page but she’s also annoying.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I unfollowed her a long time ago, couldn't bear to see those pics with leftover ingredients scattered all around the plate!

• Haha
She’s buying a new house to renovate and posting about it and based on what she’s shared so far you can tell it’s going to be the most basic witch Instagram goalz house ever.

• Haha
Im curious to know if this woman has any teeth?? Ive never seen her smile properly...even on her wedding day its the same stupid pout and toothless grin or maybe its the fact shes had so much botox she cant smile

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.