Slimmingworld_jsg #2 I may be vegan, but I’m still a massive cow

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don’t you think it’s quite sad that she’s made a video about giving her platform to the BLM movement and all we have to say about it is how fat and ugly she looks?
I’m sorry I’m all for a good snark but it when it’s warranted. She’s been honest (finally) about her weight gain I don’t know what you were all expecting but it makes us look pathetic.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
I think it’s a really good idea! I haven’t seen that elsewhere, have you guys?
I agree, I think people are just commenting because she's been hiding herself away (as she is meant to be a slimming world account). now that it’s confirmed maybe she’ll be more honest about it going forward if she still wants to showcase her weight loss journey...

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Sorry but Jen doesn’t stick to anything, so she’ll have to actually do it and stick to it for a good few Tuesdays before I take her word for anything. Unfortunately her form means that she doesn’t usually do anything unless it benefits her, so she’ll have to stick to it. If she sticks to it, it’s a good platform. No one said it was a bad idea. As I’ve said above, she has to prove it’s genuine and not just something to distract from her reality yet again.

It’s her own doing that people don’t believe her. Up to her to reverse that

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I haven’t said it’s a bad idea, I think everyone needs to do what they can to raise awareness - especially if they really consider themselves as an “influencer”. I just think she comes across as sanctimonious, refuses to show her kids like she’s a celeb, lied many times and has been shady about her weight gain/loss, thinks that she’s so much more educated and intelligent than us but can’t even string a sentence together without using poor grammar, colloquiums or typos. I think she carefully curates everything to fit her ideals.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Don’t you think it’s quite sad that she’s made a video about giving her platform to the BLM movement and all we have to say about it is how fat and ugly she looks?
I’m sorry I’m all for a good snark but it when it’s warranted. She’s been honest (finally) about her weight gain I don’t know what you were all expecting but it makes us look pathetic.
The problem is - I don’t think it’s genuine. She’s doing to hide away from the weight loss side of her account. She would be better off leaving the weight loss account and doing her own thing without the pressure

Reactions: 5
I think it’s a really good idea! I haven’t seen that elsewhere, have you guys?
I agree, I think people are just commenting because she's been hiding herself away (as she is meant to be a slimming world account). now that it’s confirmed maybe she’ll be more honest about it going forward if she still wants to showcase her weight loss journey...
Yeah I have seen people doing this Lucy and Yak have been particularly good, Polly Wales has allowed POC to take over her account too. I can’t knock her for doing it.

Reactions: 3
Sorry but Jen doesn’t stick to anything, so she’ll have to actually do it and stick to it for a good few Tuesdays before I take her word for anything. Unfortunately her form means that she doesn’t usually do anything unless it benefits her, so she’ll have to stick to it. If she sticks to it, it’s a good platform. No one said it was a bad idea. As I’ve said above, she has to prove it’s genuine and not just something to distract from her reality yet again.

It’s her own doing that people don’t believe her. Up to her to reverse that
See, that and all the above responses I agree with. We know influencers read here so comments like this are actually beneficial - she knows she’ll be held accountable if she doesn’t follow through. It’s a good point to make. Comments about her appearance and we lose the message, it’s pointless and it’s childish.

Reactions: 1
This 🙌
Love a good witch when its warranted, added comments to this thread myself...but I cant bring myself to comment on her weight gain when she is trying to do a good thing and a damn sight more than some other "influencers".

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I know she’s trying to do good but I still just think she’s really annoying and preachy 😂😂

Reactions: 16
I agree it’s good she’s using her platform to promote this. But I feel it’s a bit disingenuous & she makes out she’s the worst effected, saying she couldn’t sleep etc. It’s a great idea if she sticks to it but don’t know why it’s made her stop posting what she’s eaten etc? You can do both, she can promote via stories and flick time between each topic, I’ve seen influencers doing just that...

Reactions: 2
Credit where it’s due. She did something worthwhile and good.

Maybe going forward she could refocus what her account is about? Pick something other than weight loss since that ship sailed.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I thought there was still quite a lot of white privilege coming through in that video. It's a nice thing for her to offer, just hope she follows through with it

Reactions: 1
As much as I can’t stand the wench, I applaud her for doing it and hope other big accounts follow suit. I just wished she’d have tagged DairyLea and put her on blast, that would have been amazing.

Reactions: 4
I thought there was still quite a lot of white privilege coming through in that video. It's a nice thing for her to offer, just hope she follows through with it
Was a bit white saviour wasn't it, but at least she's actively trying to do something.

Reactions: 9
It’s admirable what she’s doing but I’m just so shocked at her face!! It looks almost swollen, she looks like a different person. Also how gutted would you be if you spent thousands on a tummy tuck and piled all the weight back on. Did she not say at the time it was between a house deposit or the surgery? Obviously made the wrong choice lol.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.