Slimmingworld_jsg #2 I may be vegan, but I’m still a massive cow

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also find it weird that they used both their mothers maiden names for the baby names. It’s like she’s obsessed with family and her husband in a very unhealthy way. Why couldn’t she have original names for her children? It’s just all very very odd.

Reactions: 18
I also find it weird that they used both their mothers maiden names for the baby names. It’s like she’s obsessed with family and her husband in a very unhealthy way. Why couldn’t she have original names for her children? It’s just all very very odd.
especially when one of the maiden names is "Sloan" 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 15
If Jen manages to lose the weight again whilst caring for twins I will be stunned. SW is quite a hard diet to follow as a vegan as you have to do a lot of cooking and food prep unless you're going to live on the same stuff (jacket potato and beans, tofu stir fry). Its not like you can just grab a boiled egg or a chicken leg.

I believe everyone has one or two good dieting phases in them. You can lose a ton of weight once, maybe twice in your life if you're lucky. If the weight goes back on (which has been proven to be the case in over 90% of dieters), then you'll be caught in this vicious cycle of trying then giving up. All the time beating yourself thinking why can't I do it - I did it before whats wrong with me! Trust me I've been there

Reactions: 24
I know she wanted to raise the babies as vegan, I wonder what the medical advice is for them as they are so vulnerable. Don’t know why I’m asking as there is no chance as the perfect image will be ruined

• Wow
Reactions: 9
If Jen manages to lose the weight again whilst caring for twins I will be stunned. SW is quite a hard diet to follow as a vegan as you have to do a lot of cooking and food prep unless you're going to live on the same stuff (jacket potato and beans, tofu stir fry). Its not like you can just grab a boiled egg or a chicken leg.

I believe everyone has one or two good dieting phases in them. You can lose a ton of weight once, maybe twice in your life if you're lucky. If the weight goes back on (which has been proven to be the case in over 90% of dieters), then you'll be caught in this vicious cycle of trying then giving up. All the time beating yourself thinking why can't I do it - I did it before whats wrong with me! Trust me I've been there
I agree, this is especially true for “diet clubs” like Slimming World. They make their money from people rejoining and going for long periods of time after all. SW is not some magic science, you can only lose weight by eating less calories than you use in a day. If you lose on SW, by chance you are burning less calories than you eat - this is why they promote a third “speed” food on your plate at each meal, they are very low calorie foods. If you lose weight and don’t understand about calories in and calories out, you will put on the weight again. Some people do lose weight and keep it off on SW but a majority of these people are very extreme and obsessive about their eating and food. Others may keep it off because they naturally eat good foods and are active enough to burn calories off anyways.
Jen obviously eats way more calories than she burns, it doesn’t matter if you are vegan or non vegan, if you don’t address this, you won’t lose weight and keep it off. She was eating very little on SW to get the weight off but that is not sustainable

Reactions: 12
When she was at target she used to literally eat an apple and a salad a day, she must have been starving! Very hard lifestyle to maintain.

Reactions: 15
I know she wanted to raise the babies as vegan, I wonder what the medical advice is for them as they are so vulnerable. Don’t know why I’m asking as there is no chance as the perfect image will be ruined
Poor sods. Never know the joy of a wotsit or a happy meal. Instead they’ll have scran bran with chopped up pink lady apples and jd seasonings on top

• Haha
Reactions: 34
She also wasn’t vegan when she lost the weight. She wasn’t even vegetarian. Most slimming world success stories are actually severing reducing carbs (Fopps most famous for this). She did say the kids would be vegan but has referred to giving them formula, presumably because they need it, so at least she’s not a total moron

she’ll be watching Emilie like a hawk now. The problem is she can’t emulate Emilie because Emilie is a naturally nice person and Jen isn’t

I think her hubby will have shagged about, especially when she was fat.If he’s ever been on a stag do without her tagging along I’ve no doubt he’s snogged someone else...

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I agree, this is especially true for “diet clubs” like Slimming World. They make their money from people rejoining and going for long periods of time after all. SW is not some magic science, you can only lose weight by eating less calories than you use in a day. If you lose on SW, by chance you are burning less calories than you eat - this is why they promote a third “speed” food on your plate at each meal, they are very low calorie foods. If you lose weight and don’t understand about calories in and calories out, you will put on the weight again. Some people do lose weight and keep it off on SW but a majority of these people are very extreme and obsessive about their eating and food. Others may keep it off because they naturally eat good foods and are active enough to burn calories off anyways.
Jen obviously eats way more calories than she burns, it doesn’t matter if you are vegan or non vegan, if you don’t address this, you won’t lose weight and keep it off. She was eating very little on SW to get the weight off but that is not sustainable
When I was following SW as a vegan I found her posts really unhelpful and triggering as it looked to me like she was living on plates of crudites, and fruit mostly. There was no way I could exist on that. I lost a stone on SW eating fruit, pasta in tomato sauce, and jacket potatoes mainly, and have kept it off, but I can't do it long term as I just find the food so boring and repetitive, and the people who follow it are quite cult-ish.

The fact that she has regained the weight would surely make you think - ok that didn't work?! It IS a diet no matter what people say. You are either 'on plan' or 'off plan'.

Poor sods. Never know the joy of a wotsit or a happy meal. Instead they’ll have scran bran with chopped up pink lady apples and jd seasonings on top
Actually I think they have a vegan happy meal now! I think it is entirely possible to raise your kids as healthy and happy vegans the nutrition is not an issue but you have to obviously put a lot more thought into what you are feeding them.

What would worry me is her disordered approach to veganism, she would need to master the healthy vegan diet herself before she inflicted it on anyone else (which she obviously has not nailed yet). She so far has veered between orthorexic tendencies and then completely overeating junk food. Not the best role model.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
The bit where she says about only being given steroids just 13 hours before delivery and that they wouldn't have helped the boys rubs me the wrong way a bit. Also, the debriefing appointments, is that standard after a birth like hers? I've never had a kid so I don't know much about what happens
Noooo I missed her bullshit. My baby was born at 25 weeks last March and I had steroids 12 hours before I gave birth and 12 hours before that, so that's bullshit, they wouldn't give them if it didn't give baby a fighting chance. I was never offered a debriefing appointment and I was in labour for 4 days, had to go down for an op after having baby, had sepsis, lost a tit load of blood, passed out and didn't get to see my boy until 24 hours later (not a poor me comment) There were counsellors on our NICU but who's got time to go sit and talk to them about how you're feeling when your baby is literally fighting for their life, that's the only way I think she'd of got an appointment tbh. She talks through her arse. Goes on like she's the only person to have a premature baby. Sorry to ramble just wanted to give an accurate explanation!

Reactions: 12
Noooo I missed her bullshit. My baby was born at 25 weeks last March and I had steroids 12 hours before I gave birth and 12 hours before that, so that's bullshit, they wouldn't give them if it didn't give baby a fighting chance. I was never offered a debriefing appointment and I was in labour for 4 days, had to go down for an op after having baby, had sepsis, lost a tit load of blood, passed out and didn't get to see my boy until 24 hours later (not a poor me comment) There were counsellors on our NICU but who's got time to go sit and talk to them about how you're feeling when your baby is literally fighting for their life, that's the only way I think she'd of got an appointment tbh. She talks through her arse. Goes on like she's the only person to have a premature baby. Sorry to ramble just wanted to give an accurate explanation!
Sorry you had such a tough experience. Fwiw, with debriefing, sometimes you have to really push for it. Sadly. I had to keep chasing people to go over my notes, had awful PND and was pregnant very soon after and no one was listening.

Reactions: 5
Sorry you had such a tough experience. Fwiw, with debriefing, sometimes you have to really push for it. Sadly. I had to keep chasing people to go over my notes, had awful PND and was pregnant very soon after and no one was listening.
It's fine, I got my boy and he's healthy so I'm grateful. Yeah I didn't even know it was a thing, I applied for my notes for the whole pregnancy about 6 months ago as everyone I asked seemed abit shady as to why I had him so early after going through all the medical terminology I got the answers I was looking for. I hope your pregnancy went well?

Reactions: 2
I think it's a weird homage to Beyonce (aren't her and Emilie obsessed with her) as Beyonce is her mother's maiden name...

Reactions: 2
It's fine, I got my boy and he's healthy so I'm grateful. Yeah I didn't even know it was a thing, I applied for my notes for the whole pregnancy about 6 months ago as everyone I asked seemed abit shady as to why I had him so early after going through all the medical terminology I got the answers I was looking for. I hope your pregnancy went well?
Oh good, the struggle to have my debrief was added upset and then the debrief itself was so deflating. I knew already; the doctor acted too soon. But whats done is done. The pregnancy went really well, i loved being pregnant, but was so so scared of labour again so soon after. Luckily I had the strength to stand up for myself and had more control. They still acted too quickly in some ways and took away my choices without need, but it was much less traumatic. I love pregnancy but labour has scarred me!

I missed the birth story as don’t follow her anymore! Why would you put something like that on a story and not a permanent grid post? Anyone remember a summary!

I didn’t have a traumatic birth but requested a debriefing session about a year later to get clarity on what happened. I’d really recommend it.

I really hope she is not gifted any of it. Absolutely shameless. Banging on about not being able to afford expensive serums when there are people out there with no money for basics due to not being able to work during lockdown. Oh boohoo for you beggymcsmug.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.