Slimming World JSG #3 Scally McBeal and the missing weekly weigh ins!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a vegan lunch today (I’m not vegan) which was so bloody good and so much better than what she eats and it was low calorie / syn too😂 I had that vivera kebab with a small pitta, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, red onions, hot sauce and some left over homemade chips, why doesn’t she eat foods like this, it’s all couscous, olives and sausages 🤣

Reactions: 6
I had a vegan lunch today (I’m not vegan) which was so bloody good and so much better than what she eats and it was low calorie / syn too😂 I had that vivera kebab with a small pitta, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, red onions, hot sauce and some left over homemade chips, why doesn’t she eat foods like this, it’s all couscous, olives and sausages 🤣
I have this for dinner tomorrow (but with a flatbread) and it’s actually unreal!
I’m not Veggie or vegan either and nor could I be with the meals she eats. She needs to follow Anna.eats.veg for some decent meal ideas!

Reactions: 2
Did she every give a reason for becoming vegan? Obviously she doesn't have to have a reason or share it but I've always suspected that it was partly because it helps her avoid things like kebabs, McDonalds - that she saw it as an opposite of her "bad" diet. As pointed out though, she hasn't embraced veganism enough to have an attractive, varied diet.

Reactions: 1
I’m sure she did mention that she became vegan for ethical reasons so hopefully all her make up is vegan and she has no leather goods. She will also need to ensure she’s getting all her vitamins. I did an elimination diet due to stomach issues and ended up becoming folate deficient in a very short space of time! I’m not vegan (I love a good bloody steak too much!) but my friends who are rarely eat the processed replica meats. There’s so many vegan restaurants now that just do vegan junk food, which is fine but as with any heavily processed food items it’s probably best to have them 20% of the time rather than 80%.

Reactions: 3
She is probably not a good enough cook to have nice vegan meals. Or a lazy/unimaginative cook. None of her meals look very exciting

She is probably not a good enough cook to have nice vegan meals. Or a lazy/unimaginative cook. None of her meals look very exciting
If she lives with her mum and husband, she cannot make laziness her excuse. If hubby is so perfect and woke up with her for night feeds, he can cook her a bloody decent meal 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
If she lives with her mum and husband, she cannot make laziness her excuse. If hubby is so perfect and woke up with her for night feeds, he can cook her a bloody decent meal 😂😂
A lazy cook is what I meant, as in doesn’t try new meals or plan etc, not lazy all round - although she could well be that too 🤣

Reactions: 2
A lazy cook is what I meant, as in doesn’t try new meals or plan etc, not lazy all round - although she could well be that too 🤣
Oh my comment wasn’t directed at you. I know what you meant, but I can imagine her reading here then saying how busy she is to cook due to her being ‘an exhausted mummy’ like she is the only one on the planet ha

Wonder if she’ll be back posting today with more pot pouri bowls... I was looking back on her insta out of pure boredom & think her weight gain started right after the wedding and when she became vegan. She looked a bit bigger at the SW ball and then she was in London a few time’s and I remember she kept posting pics of vegan junk and Ben’s cookies

Reactions: 7
Wonder if she’ll be back posting today with more pot pouri bowls... I was looking back on her insta out of pure boredom & think her weight gain started right after the wedding and when she became vegan. She looked a bit bigger at the SW ball and then she was in London a few time’s and I remember she kept posting pics of vegan junk and Ben’s cookies
I think she thought if she went vegan is would automatically mean that she would be living a healthy life and maintain that 9 stone loss because she wasn’t eating thinks like cheese, chocolate, fast food etc but as we all know you can get all these food in vegan form sometimes with more calories, just look at the accidentally vegan instagram page it’s all junk food, she probably intended to be a whole foods vegan but hasn’t worked out that way!

Reactions: 4
Wonder how happy she was being slim? It must have been so hard to live on so little calories! I think if she had a more realistic goal in mind and calorie counted instead of SW she would be a lot more successful. SW relies a lot on guesswork and no portion control.

Reactions: 4
Wonder how happy she was being slim? It must have been so hard to live on so little calories! I think if she had a more realistic goal in mind and calorie counted instead of SW she would be a lot more successful. SW relies a lot on guesswork and no portion control.
I suspect she just isn't a very happy person either way. She's so obsessed with labels - Slimming Worlder, Wife, Twin Mummy, Miss Slinky, Vegan, Unique and Vintage... I don't think she has ever just learned how to *be*.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I suspect she just isn't a very happy person either way. She's so obsessed with labels - Slimming Worlder, Wife, Twin Mummy, Miss Slinky, Vegan, Unique and Vintage... I don't think she has ever just learned how to *be*.
This 💯 she strikes me as the type of person who needs to constantly be looking towards something rather that enjoying her life. The other week she ‘done’ a poll about having more kids and keeping clothes and toys.... all she’s gone on about is how hard it was with the twins being born early- what about just enjoying your kids now and not really even think about that right now? It was the original big loss, Miss Slinky, wedding, the honeymoon, the Disney holiday she was planning, pregnancy, now another ‘weight loss journey’ and ‘I will be thin for Disney’ must be chaotic in her head, she really shouldn’t attribute thin to happy and I truly believe she attributes it to that wedding/ honeymoon time which was obviously a nice time in her life but was like ONE DAY and then a holiday. If she dropped all that she’d enjoy her life so much more.

I’m in the same boat as Jen in that I lost weight and was super slim (for about 4years) but running around trying to be perfect isn’t that great, you crash and burn and I die hard. Once I realised my issues were internal, I was kind to myself and just let myself ‘be’. I gained a tit ton of weight but was happy. Now I’m ready to find the middle ground.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
That is so true! She is always chasing the next thing instead of being happy in herself and what seems like a nice life!

I actually don’t think anyone is interested in her account anymore. Her engagement is laughable for the amount of followers she has. Just give it up Jen, close your account and concentrate on your perfect family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.