Slimming World #7 He got exposed for his lies and then went back to the pies

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 2985216

I would've stuck the leftovers on the plate to make a proper portion :ROFLMAO:

Lots of the kitchen boxes have been delivered to various members/consultants and a few have made the feeds. They do look like small portions in the majority as expected.....

I hadn't realised there was a delivery fee of £5 on top as well. They've taken this off all orders placed for the first week.
Yes I’ve seen many posts with crimes against baked salmon 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
These boxes are expensive but they aren’t meant to be cheap. It’s the convenience that you are paying for. Someone has done the shopping, measured out the ingredients and sent it to your house. All slimming clubs are a business. They are there to make money. They offer accountability. Same as RH, JSA, Munro, etc. Gousto is great when it’s 60% off but pricy at all other times. You are paying for a service. Of course you could go to Aldi and buy the same ingredients at a fraction of the cost but the boxes are saving you your time (time travelling to the supermarket, purchasing the goods, driving/walking home etc) and no, I don’t work for SW.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
These boxes are expensive but they aren’t meant to be cheap. It’s the convenience that you are paying for. Someone has done the shopping, measured out the ingredients and sent it to your house. All slimming clubs are a business. They are there to make money. They offer accountability. Same as RH, JSA, Munro, etc. Gousto is great when it’s 60% off but pricy at all other times. You are paying for a service. Of course you could go to Aldi and buy the same ingredients at a fraction of the cost but the boxes are saving you your time (time travelling to the supermarket, purchasing the goods, driving/walking home etc) and no, I don’t work for SW.
If you cook some chips, for £11, I could vomit over your plate and it would more pleasing than that.

I had a hello fresh box courtesy of my daughter very recently. The meals we had were very tasty and when served they were well presented, that slimming world meal just looks awful. I’m not sure of the price difference as we didn’t pay for it.

Reactions: 1
If you cook some chips, for £11, I could vomit over your plate and it would more pleasing than that.

I had a hello fresh box courtesy of my daughter very recently. The meals we had were very tasty and when served they were well presented, that slimming world meal just looks awful. I’m not sure of the price difference as we didn’t pay for it.
I agree with @MamaD.

I've had some hello fresh stuff that has looked cracking on the recipe guide and been trash when cooked.

What I will say on this, the recipes available on SW compared to the others are a bit tit. There's a pretty obvious reason for this, they have made them all syn free. You won't get any half decent burger or wrap meals like you would on the competitors. You won't get a poppadom or some naan bread etc. The meals all look very similar, a dark red sauce with some veg chucked in and a side of rice or wedges and a bit of salad to the side. I actually really enjoy this kind of meal but it's not overly selling the product when it all looks so samey.

They need to change their model and have a low syn section and include some meals with side stuff.

Reactions: 6
I agree with @MamaD.

I've had some hello fresh stuff that has looked cracking on the recipe guide and been trash when cooked.

What I will say on this, the recipes available on SW compared to the others are a bit tit. There's a pretty obvious reason for this, they have made them all syn free. You won't get any half decent burger or wrap meals like you would on the competitors. You won't get a poppadom or some naan bread etc. The meals all look very similar, a dark red sauce with some veg chucked in and a side of rice or wedges and a bit of salad to the side. I actually really enjoy this kind of meal but it's not overly selling the product when it all looks so samey.

They need to change their model and have a low syn section and include some meals with side stuff.
I’ve only had hello fresh when my daughter has forgotten to cancel before a holiday and I have collected the boxes. It’s actually nice when that happens. I found the meals all nice bar the seafood one.

If members are used to those type meals and tastes, it will work for them. It doesn’t look very appealing as a non-member. Even when working full-time and doing slimming world, the box meals wouldn’t have been a time saver as one of my kids was a fussy eater and my husband used to say that he would rather eat dust.

Reactions: 1
I’ve only had hello fresh when my daughter has forgotten to cancel before a holiday and I have collected the boxes. It’s actually nice when that happens. I found the meals all nice bar the seafood one.

If members are used to those type meals and tastes, it will work for them. It doesn’t look very appealing as a non-member. Even when working full-time and doing slimming world, the box meals wouldn’t have been a time saver as one of my kids was a fussy eater and my husband used to say that he would rather eat dust.
It’s not aimed at non members though, its target audience is SW members. I’d never order one as not im not a SW member, I’m a fussy eater and as I have the luxury of working PT so can happily wander around as many supermarkets as I want. If I was a busy SW member with extra income it would be easy to order a box and not have to think about what to cook. You can always add some flavour to the meals with spices/sauces you have in your home and just ‘syn’ what you need to.

Reactions: 4