Skin care - tell me all of the advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I second the Ren ready steady glow, it’s amazing - I just buy the smallest bottle and it lasts ages as you use so little to get a great result. Just a couple of times a week does the trick.

I’ve tried other brands but they feel too harsh, the Ren is more gentle on the skin.
Another vote for the ren ready steady glow! I use it a few times a week with the overnight glow cream and it is insane how much it brightens 😮

Reactions: 4
Does anyone have any experience with glycolic acid? I use the Vichy ampoules, which are amazing, but so expensive. I need a cheaper alternative?
Superdrug's own, from their Naturally Radiant range. It's a 5% toner, the same strength as the Pixi toner, but I honestly prefer it to Pixi's. So cheap too.

Reactions: 5
My skin was clearing up very wellas my dermatologist gave me antibiotics for rosecea. (I was also putting vit C each evening). But I had to stop taking them due to tummy upset. Anyway my skin is back to being sore , red and spotty. Not a great look when I know I take quite good care of my skin.

Superdrug's own, from their Naturally Radiant range. It's a 5% toner, the same strength as the Pixi toner, but I honestly prefer it to Pixi's. So cheap too.
I second this! Its always on offer too. Either half price or BOGOF. The whole Naturally Radiant range from Superdrug is great.

Reactions: 3
My skin was clearing up very wellas my dermatologist gave me antibiotics for rosecea. (I was also putting vit C each evening). But I had to stop taking them due to tummy upset. Anyway my skin is back to being sore , red and spotty. Not a great look when I know I take quite good care of my skin.
Could you go back to the Derm to ask for alternate treatment options?

Some Vitamin C serums irritate my skin. Could you try cutting yours out for a fortnight to see if that helps?

I hope it feels better soon!

Reactions: 1
This may of been mentioned before, but has anyone tried the rivatale salicylic acid soap you can buy on Amazon?
I have suffered an unexpected hormonal bout of adult acne on my jawline and neck, and my normal routine of the Elemis cleanser and toner wasn’t doing any good...
I thought I’d give the Amazon soap a try since there were many reviews on it being really good for hormonal acne. I’m 4 days in to using it day and night and so impressed! Has anyone else tried it?

Attachments

Reactions: 1
This is only slightly related but because I posted previously about my crappy skin - I've been struggling with really dry peely eczema type problems on my face and hands for the last few months. Unrelated, I decided to start cutting out sugary food from my diet over the last short while (literally a week) and IT IS A MIRACLE. My face is clearing up, my hands aren't cracking. If anyone else is dealing with painful peeling skin or cracking I really recommend at least trying it for a week to see if it helps you.

• Wow
This is only slightly related but because I posted previously about my crappy skin - I've been struggling with really dry peely eczema type problems on my face and hands for the last few months. Unrelated, I decided to start cutting out sugary food from my diet over the last short while (literally a week) and IT IS A MIRACLE. My face is clearing up, my hands aren't cracking. If anyone else is dealing with painful peeling skin or cracking I really recommend at least trying it for a week to see if it helps you.
Eczema is an immunological condition but is always treated topically. 💯you will benefit from dietary changes, de-stressing and avoiding specific environmental triggers. Well done, keep it up. Sugar, dairy and wheat are usually the culprits, but eliminate one by one so you can work out your main trigger. Refined sugar is never ever a bad thing to reduce! If anyone else needs support, get yourself an anti-inflammatory diet book, such as: The Complete Anti-Inflammatory Diet for Beginners: A No-Stress Meal Plan with Easy Recipes to Heal the Immune System
Amazon product. In addition an emollient based topical treatment like Doublebase is excellent for soothing itchy/cracked skin.

Reactions: 2
Not sure if it's been mentioned but you should get tretinoin, it's prescribed by a doctor I think and is an effective anti-aging+acne cream.

I have dark patches on my face ,I think it’s part sun damage part genetic but when I’m pregnant it spreads even more and they get darker .Also get darker in the sun .I wear medium or full coverage foundations and i fake tan sometimes too and you can’t tell but if I’m bare faced and pale in the winter you can .People have pointed it out .Is there anything I can do about them ?

I have dark patches on my face ,I think it’s part sun damage part genetic but when I’m pregnant it spreads even more and they get darker .Also get darker in the sun .I wear medium or full coverage foundations and i fake tan sometimes too and you can’t tell but if I’m bare faced and pale in the winter you can .People have pointed it out .Is there anything I can do about them ?
Tranexamic acid works for dark patches (melasma). The Inkey List do one which I’ve tried before. Vit C / Niacinamide serum is also good for brightening and even skin tone.

Big one is to wear SPF everyday without fail on your face to prevent further damage and discolouration.

s1499482-main-zoom.jpg

I have tried so many things and nothing ever made a difference. I'm in my 40s and society tells me I need a skincare regime lol
After using this for a few days, my skin was so soft and smooth and all the little bumps went away. I couldn't believe something actually worked!!!
It is a little pricey but I will gladly pay for something that works instead of trying many cheaper things.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Ah so glad you love it! Defo one of the few AHAs I get on with and the medik8 press and go!
Yes to Medik8 press and glow! Its been the best exfoliant for me. My skin cant take anymore than a PHA.

Tried so many AHA and BHAs and my dry sensitive skin cannot cope, even every 2nd day. It gets so sore and even drier. The Medik8 has been a game changer for me 😍

Reactions: 3
@Snowjoke, @Shineyshine - 4th day on REN ready steady glow and absolutely 😍😍😍! Thank you and anyone else who recommended it! 👍🏻
I had a little trial of this in my advent calendar. I’ve used it the last few days, along with taking a probiotic and my skin looks better already. Hopefully it will continue as my rosecea was getting beyond a joke

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.