Skin care - tell me all of the advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m using the La Roche Posay retinol and b3 serum, it’s making my skin so dry! My skin tone definitely looks better but wow my skin is thirsty. I may have done a Superdrug vitamin e order last night 🤫 The day cream looks moisturising so hoping that gives me some moisture, on top of my hyaluronic acid and squalane.

Reactions: 1
0BE57778-3C52-4B3A-ADD7-2CDCA586B5CC.jpeg

My Superdrug Vit E goodies arrived today, I ordered them late Thursday night! I’ve just used the body cream (lovely) and the face cream (lovely again!). Going to have a mist now 😂

I’m going to use my Avene toner up first then use the Simply Pure toner. I use the SP hydrating serum and it’s so good for £3!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
My skin has started pilling. I think that’s what it is, after googling.

It’s only in the mornings and I’ve not changed my routine recently. I use:

The Ordinary Niacinamide
Eye cream
Elemis pro collagen marine cream
Face oil (which is when it starts pilling)
SPF

Should I just leave out the face oil for a bit? Is it maybe that the Elemis and face oil aren’t a good mix?

I’ve tried leaving a good 15/20 mins for it to soak in properly and that doesn’t make a difference.

The Ordinary Niacinamide
Eye cream
SPF

Should I just leave out the face oil for a bit? Is it maybe that the Elemis and face oil aren’t a good mix?

I’ve tried leaving a good 15/20 mins for it to soak in properly and that doesn’t make a difference.
I think marine cream has dimethicone (silicone) in it which might not get on well with the oil. Try using the oil on a night with a non-silicone moisturiser.

Reactions: 5

The Ordinary Niacinamide
Eye cream
SPF

Yes, it the Elemis moisturiser pilling under the oil. Just use it in it’s own and will be fine.

Reactions: 3

The Ordinary Niacinamide
Eye cream
SPF

Use any oil products before any creams 😘

View attachment 533317
My Superdrug Vit E goodies arrived today, I ordered them late Thursday night! I’ve just used the body cream (lovely) and the face cream (lovely again!). Going to have a mist now 😂

I’m going to use my Avene toner up first then use the Simply Pure toner. I use the SP hydrating serum and it’s so good for £3!
Yes girl!!!! Hope you like the mist 🥰🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thanks everyone! It never happens at night with my night moisturiser, so I’ll lose the oil in the morning and just stick with it at night.

Those Superdrug Vitamin E creams looks great! I've been using oil only for a change and it's doing wonders, but I need something more moisturizing in the day so will add these to my next order.

Has anyone here tried bentonite clay, AKA the aztec healing clay?
I just started using this recently and agree it's amazing (and so cheap!)! I put some on my chest and it's helping with the décolletage lines. I found a review from a few years ago where a lady was using it as a body mask from her bum all the way up to her face. Not sure I'm that brave yet. 😬

D4CD5FDA-79D6-4F01-A378-64E029A3EB18.jpeg

Anyone what is missing the original liz Earle face cream and has a TK Maxx they can go to i bought 4 yesterday as my skin loves it and I’m so sad it’s gone.

• Heart
I’ve just bought the Dr Jart Cicapair trial kit - I have persistent redness on my cheeks (I think linked to my eczema) which feels flushed. I’m worried my skin barrier has been damaged due to retinol use so I’ve eased off that the past week and have been using hydrating and calming products.

I hope it’s good, I’ve read good things about it.

Reactions: 7
I’ve just bought the Dr Jart Cicapair trial kit - I have persistent redness on my cheeks (I think linked to my eczema) which feels flushed. I’m worried my skin barrier has been damaged due to retinol use so I’ve eased off that the past week and have been using hydrating and calming products.

I hope it’s good, I’ve read good things about it.
It’s supposed to be very good. I nearly picked it up myself a few weeks back but I decided to use up a few things I’ve already got on the go first. I’m sure you’ll notice a difference. Please let us know how you get on.

Hi All, I've got Caroline Hiron's book but am still confused. I'm too scared to post on the FB group 😨but I wondered if any lovely Tattlers could help? I think this is the routine I should have listed below. The only products I have and am happy with are cleanser and SPF - can anyone please glance over this below to see if I've got it right and recommend any star products for normal skin please? (I'm 43, normal skin, not sensitive, not many wrinkles but my skin is definitely getting really saggy and loads worse in the last year)

Morning
Cleanse
Acid - ?
Spray Hydrate - ?
Eye cream - ?
Serum - ?
Moisturiser - ?
SPF

Evening
Cleanse x 2
Retinol (not every night) - ?
eye cream
treatment or facial oil - ?

thank you to anyone who can offer advice!!

Reactions: 2
Hi All, I've got Caroline Hiron's book but am still confused. I'm too scared to post on the FB group 😨but I wondered if any lovely Tattlers could help? I think this is the routine I should have listed below. The only products I have and am happy with are cleanser and SPF - can anyone please glance over this below to see if I've got it right and recommend any star products for normal skin please? (I'm 43, normal skin, not sensitive, not many wrinkles but my skin is definitely getting really saggy and loads worse in the last year)

Morning
Cleanse
Acid - ?
Spray Hydrate - ?
Eye cream - ?
Serum - ?
Moisturiser - ?
SPF

Evening
Cleanse x 2
Retinol (not every night) - ?
eye cream
treatment or facial oil - ?

thank you to anyone who can offer advice!!
I think the main thing you should use daily is SPF and eye cream. The acid could be a glycolic or bha (glycolic for dull skin, bha if your skin is oily). If your skin is normal, you could skip this completely. The spray hydrate isn’t really needed either (in my opinion) but Superdrug do a good vitamin e spray for £3 if you wanted to try.

Serum - maybe hyaluronic acid to keep your skin plump? This could be used before the spray as hyaluronic acid attracts water from around you.

Moisturiser - Whichever your prefer, I really like Avene moisturisers for everyday wear.

SPF - I think this is the key step daily. I like la roche posay anthelios but it’s quite pricey. I think garnier do a good one.

Night

I like double cleansing! It’s key if you’ve worn makeup and spf during the day. Start with a balm/oil cleanser then your cleanser what you use on a morning.

Start off with retinol 2-3 times a week then build up to every other night then every night. What retinol product are you thinking of using? The la roche posay retinol is gentle for newbies.

treatment - don’t use any acids on the nights you use retinol. Treatment could just be your serum from daytime or something more moisturising for night time.

I hope this helps, sorry for the long post!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I think the main thing you should use daily is SPF and eye cream. The acid could be a glycolic or bha (glycolic for dull skin, bha if your skin is oily). If your skin is normal, you could skip this completely. The spray hydrate isn’t really needed either (in my opinion) but Superdrug do a good vitamin e spray for £3 if you wanted to try.

Serum - maybe hyaluronic acid to keep your skin plump? This could be used before the spray as hyaluronic acid attracts water from around you.

Moisturiser - Whichever your prefer, I really like Avene moisturisers for everyday wear.

SPF - I think this is the key step daily. I like la roche posay anthelios but it’s quite pricey. I think garnier do a good one.

Night

I like double cleansing! It’s key if you’ve worn makeup and spf during the day. Start with a balm/oil cleanser then your cleanser what you use on a morning.

Start off with retinol 2-3 times a week then build up to every other night then every night. What retinol product are you thinking of using? The la roche posay retinol is gentle for newbies.

treatment - don’t use any acids on the nights you use retinol. Treatment could just be your serum from daytime or something more moisturising for night time.

I hope this helps, sorry for the long post!
aw, thank you! :love: The only steps I'm happy with are my Liz Earle cleanser and Heliocare SPF but that's all so far. Could you recommend a decent retinol and serum/HA please? Also - what is nicotinamide that I see people talking about? is that an acid?? and also where does vit c come in?

TY x

• Heart
I'm currently using the La Roche Posay retinol (the retinol + b3 serum) however I also use niacinamide. Is it silly to use these together (I'm currently only using the retinol product 3 nights a week) on the same evenings if both products are/contain vitamin b3?

Reactions: 2
Has anyone here tried bentonite clay, AKA the aztec healing clay? I've been struggling with my skin for years and I feel like I've finally found my holy grail! It's fading all of my acne scars and my skin is so much brighter and clearer, and I've only used it three times.

You mix it with apple cider vinegar and mix with something that isn't metal. You might experience extreme redness (which is normal) but it goes down after around an hour. I use it twice a week after cleansing.

You can also use it on hair or apparently for smelly armpits and feet. It's wonderful, I'd highly recommend! 😊
I’ve got really bad open pores/scarring on my nose so I’ll definitely be trying this thanks so much

Can anyone recommend anything else?

my skins started piling as well of an evening.. my routine is:

cleanse with tropic smoothing cleanser then if I’ve had makeup on I use the cleansing powder
Tropic vitamin toner
Revolution retinol eye cream
The ordinary caffeine under eye drops
Tropic elixir oil
Alternate between salicylic acid/retinol

I’m not sure why?

aw, thank you! :love: The only steps I'm happy with are my Liz Earle cleanser and Heliocare SPF but that's all so far. Could you recommend a decent retinol and serum/HA please? Also - what is nicotinamide that I see people talking about? is that an acid?? and also where does vit c come in?

TY x
The Ordinary do really great HA and niacinamide serums - you can use them both together. Niacinamide works to reduce pores, even skin tone and control oil. So it’s a good all rounder. It isn’t an acid. Vit C serum is great combined with SPF - Superdrug do a good one for about £5 🙂 x

I'm currently using the La Roche Posay retinol (the retinol + b3 serum) however I also use niacinamide. Is it silly to use these together (I'm currently only using the retinol product 3 nights a week) on the same evenings if both products are/contain vitamin b3?
Niacinamide can help ease the ‘harshness’ of retinol so use before. However the LRP I find gentle enough to use without. Maybe use niacinamide the morning after retinol to help with any potential redness? X

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.