Skin care - tell me all of the advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve used the LRP vit b3 + retinol before, it’s a really good product. I wouldn’t use it at the same time as the bha, I don’t think you’re supposed to mix retinol with salicylic acid - someone else will tell me if that’s correct? If you want to keep using both I’d alternate them every other night, or just use the retinol by itself to see what results you get.
I was planning to use them separately (alternating nights) but I think I may lay off the bha for a while, while I'm introducing the retinol.

Reactions: 1
Has anyone used azelaic acid and seen results? I've heard it's good for evening out red blotchy skin but I'm wary of acids 😬
I have started using the TO one in the mornings (with Dermatica at night for rosacea) and I have tentatively noticed an improvement. I don’t use any other actives but my skin is quite sensitive and reactive and I’ve had no problems with this. Once I’ve used up my current product I am going to buy the 20% AA that Dermatica have recently launched and try it every other day until I’m sure it won’t irritate me. Good luck 🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I've recently started low strength retinol (its the la roche vitamin b3 + 0.3% retinol) - I also regularly use niacinamide and 2% bha liquid exfoliant. Does anyone have any advice as to whether I should use all these products together? Should I drop any while I introduce the retinol?
Don’t use any kind of exfoliant with retinol, even if not on the same day. The exfoliant will be removing the top layer of the skin and the retinol will be trying to build your skin up... can cause a reaction or irritation on your skin which will take a while to fix 🙈

Don’t use any kind of exfoliant with retinol, even if not on the same day. The exfoliant will be removing the top layer of the skin and the retinol will be trying to build your skin up... can cause a reaction or irritation on your skin which will take a while to fix 🙈
Can I ever introduce it again? Or is it just a case of just while my skin builds tolerance?

Can I ever introduce it again? Or is it just a case of just while my skin builds tolerance?
I wouldn’t personally as I don’t think the two agree with eachother 🙈 you could use something else if your missing the exfoliation side of it. Something like the hydrating clay mask from environ is great for gentle exfoliation and there’s no acids 🥰

Please can someone recommend an eye cream which will sort out my dry/dehydrated under eyes? I’ve read mixed reviews about Kiehls avocado eye cream as that’s what I was going to go for.

Please can someone recommend an eye cream which will sort out my dry/dehydrated under eyes? I’ve read mixed reviews about Kiehls avocado eye cream as that’s what I was going to go for.
I love kiehls avocado cream. I do see it as more a 'treatment' rather than something I use all the time. Its good on sensitive skin - when I was having dermatitis flare ups I loved it.

I love kiehls avocado cream. I do see it as more a 'treatment' rather than something I use all the time. Its good on sensitive skin - when I was having dermatitis flare ups I loved it.
I have eczema on my eyelids and whatever I use doesn’t quite shift the dryness! I might treat myself to Kiehls then.

Has anyone here tried bentonite clay, AKA the aztec healing clay? I've been struggling with my skin for years and I feel like I've finally found my holy grail! It's fading all of my acne scars and my skin is so much brighter and clearer, and I've only used it three times.

You mix it with apple cider vinegar and mix with something that isn't metal. You might experience extreme redness (which is normal) but it goes down after around an hour. I use it twice a week after cleansing.

You can also use it on hair or apparently for smelly armpits and feet. It's wonderful, I'd highly recommend! 😊

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Followed advice on here and took advantage of the Superdrug offers and bought myself some new bits 😍
21861A40-58BB-495D-89E5-A6E61F1A0AFB.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Anyone got any blackhead tips? I’ve never had them and now have some on my nose, I think it’s lockdown life. I bought some blackhead tools and they seem to help but I have to be careful to not make the area sore.

I'm buying that tomorrow as I've just run out of my hydrating toner! It stings my eyes like crazy but the moisture it gives my skin is worth the pain 👌🏻
It’s so nice!!! I use it as a make up setting spray aswell and it’s soo good 🥰

• Heart
Anyone got any blackhead tips? I’ve never had them and now have some on my nose, I think it’s lockdown life. I bought some blackhead tools and they seem to help but I have to be careful to not make the area sore.
I'd recommend the Cerave salicylic acid cleaner or getting yourself a BHA. The Paula's Choice BHA is probably the most popular on the market - I haven't tried it yet but so many of my friends love it! With BHA's use once a week before working your way up. You can get a travel-size one for £9 that apparently lasts ages so you're not spending money on the full-size bottle. And with consistent use of BHA/salicylic acid, it should reduce your blackheads a lot!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'd recommend the Cerave salicylic acid cleaner or getting yourself a BHA. The Paula's Choice BHA is probably the most popular on the market - I haven't tried it yet but so many of my friends love it! With BHA's use once a week before working your way up. You can get a travel-size one for £9 that apparently lasts ages so you're not spending money on the full-size bottle. And with consistent use of BHA/salicylic acid, it should reduce your blackheads a lot!
Thank you! Xx

• Heart
I was planning to use them separately (alternating nights) but I think I may lay off the bha for a while, while I'm introducing the retinol.
Id lay off the bha while you introduce the retinol. It can be a lot at once

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.