Skin care - tell me all of the advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No, never heard of it . Can you recommend
I haven't tried it myself but have heard good things about it! Inkey List and The Ordinary both do one I think, so an okay price point. https://www.byrdie.com/azelaic-acid-4705426 It seems like it can be quite good with rosacea as well as breakouts!

Not really a product but I have recently started dry body brushing, mainly for cellulite reasons, hasn’t helped with that but it has made my skin so soft and glowy! Definitely worth adding it to your daily routines I think.
Yes! Second this. I find it wakes me up super well. Helpful for morning showers on cold winter days when I don't want to be awake 😅

Reactions: 2
Not really a product but I have recently started dry body brushing, mainly for cellulite reasons, hasn’t helped with that but it has made my skin so soft and glowy! Definitely worth adding it to your daily routines I think.
I dry body brush then after I’ve got washed in the shower I put baby oil on, rinse then after Im dry I put body lotion on.

Its made a massive difference to my skin.

Reactions: 6
No, never heard of it . Can you recommend
So azelaic acid is used for treating both rosacea and breakouts. As a previous poster recommended, The Ordinary do an azelaic acid which a lot of people find really effective. You could start there and see how you get on with it. Another option for you could be Dermatica - a brilliant prescription service which I use myself. You upload photos of your skin and they’ll formulate a product for you. They use azelaic acid and also other ingredients which help with breakouts and acne. It’s £20 a month but I spread mine out to receive every 56 days so it ends up being £10 a month as I never go through one bottle in a month! All the ingredients are prescription strength so really effective!

So Dermatica is definitely an option to consider but if you wanted to try over the counter products first then azelaic acid and salicylic acid are 2 ingredients which would work well, you may also like niacinamide! I’ll happily recommend some products and/or a routine for you if you like! ☺

Reactions: 5
So azelaic acid is used for treating both rosacea and breakouts. As a previous poster recommended, The Ordinary do an azelaic acid which a lot of people find really effective. You could start there and see how you get on with it. Another option for you could be Dermatica - a brilliant prescription service which I use myself. You upload photos of your skin and they’ll formulate a product for you. They use azelaic acid and also other ingredients which help with breakouts and acne. It’s £20 a month but I spread mine out to receive every 56 days so it ends up being £10 a month as I never go through one bottle in a month! All the ingredients are prescription strength so really effective!

So Dermatica is definitely an option to consider but if you wanted to try over the counter products first then azelaic acid and salicylic acid are 2 ingredients which would work well, you may also like niacinamide! I’ll happily recommend some products and/or a routine for you if you like! ☺
Can you recommend anything to reduce the appearance red thread veins on my face, neck and chest?

I started using glycolic acid last year then started noticing red veins appearing. When I asked about them I was told that this was something that can happen when using glycolic acid.

I stopped using it but the thread veins are still as bad. Any help would be appreciated 😊

Dermatica sounds interesting, does it come in serum form and you just add that product to your routine? Or is it a whole routine change?

I second Dermatica. I’ve been using their service for a few months now and I’m beginning to see good results.

You just use the treatment they prescribe for you on it’s own at night, then your usual skincare routine during the day. But avoid using other strong active ingredients whilst on Dermatica - alright a bit of gentle exfoliation, but not loads of harsh physical exfoliants, acids, essential oils etc. They advise you to keep it simple, which will also save you money on your skincare routine.

I second Dermatica. I’ve been using their service for a few months now and I’m beginning to see good results.

You just use the treatment they prescribe for you on it’s own at night, then your usual skincare routine during the day. But avoid using other strong active ingredients whilst on Dermatica - alright a bit of gentle exfoliation, but not loads of harsh physical exfoliants, acids, essential oils etc. They advise you to keep it simple, which will also save you money on your skincare routine.
Oh ok, so literally just cleanse and dermatica at night? What about a round the eye treatment?

Oh ok, so literally just cleanse and dermatica at night? What about a round the eye treatment?
Depending on what your prescription is you can use it around your eyes too. I’m on tretinoin, so I use it very sparingly but I put a thin layer of my moisturiser on underneath to act as a buffer and protect the skin in sensitive areas around my eyes, nose, corners of my mouth. Dermatica advise how to apply your treatment. You can use a thin layer of Vaseline to act as a buffer, or a little bit of moisturiser. I prefer my moisturiser, I’m using either Cerave moisturiser or QV cream at the moment. If your skin is extremely dry you can also apply some of your moisturiser over the top of your treatment.

eta - yes, just cleanse with a mild cleanser, pat dry, I usually wait a couple of minutes to ensure no water remaining on my skin, then apply treatment as above.

Reactions: 1
Can you recommend anything to reduce the appearance red thread veins on my face, neck and chest?

I started using glycolic acid last year then started noticing red veins appearing. When I asked about them I was told that this was something that can happen when using glycolic acid.

I stopped using it but the thread veins are still as bad. Any help would be appreciated 😊
The only thing that would fix the appearance of red veins/broken capillaries would unfortunately just be laser or IPL

Reactions: 3
I’ve been using revolution retinol but it’s drying my skin out, and the skin around my eyes has become so sensitive, can anyone recommend a different retinol treatment? Not sure if the eye thing is linked to that like

I’ve been using revolution retinol but it’s drying my skin out, and the skin around my eyes has become so sensitive, can anyone recommend a different retinol treatment? Not sure if the eye thing is linked to that like
Your skin can take a while to get used to retinol and it can make you a little peely. I don’t think it’s recommended for around the eye area but I could be wrong and I can’t remember what the % strength is of the revolution retinol. I attempted to use The Ordinary’s 0.5% retinol nightly at the end of last year and it really upset my face! So I dialled back all my skincare to the basics until it healed up and then reintroduced it slowly, I’m on every other night at the moment. Never near my eyes though personally.

Sounds like retinol response ... stop using it and gradually re introduce it.

Don’t put it near your eyes at all

Reactions: 3
Can anyone recommend a face wash/cleansing wash?

Recently I’ve used the Lacura (Aldi) hot cloth cleanser which suited me really well, then the Soap and Glory Vitamin C face wash which was a bit harsh for me. I’m currently using the Liz Earle HCC which is nice, but I don’t feel I need to necessarily spend that much money if there are cheaper dupes out there.

Unfortunately my local Aldi didn’t have their dupe in today.

For extra info, I’ve recently purchased a Luna mini 2 so will be using it with that.

Can anyone recommend a face wash/cleansing wash?

Recently I’ve used the Lacura (Aldi) hot cloth cleanser which suited me really well, then the Soap and Glory Vitamin C face wash which was a bit harsh for me. I’m currently using the Liz Earle HCC which is nice, but I don’t feel I need to necessarily spend that much money if there are cheaper dupes out there.

Unfortunately my local Aldi didn’t have their dupe in today.

For extra info, I’ve recently purchased a Luna mini 2 so will be using it with that.
I've found the Superdrug HCC very similar to Liz Earle, similar packing too.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I've found the Superdrug HCC very similar to Liz Earle, similar packing too.
I second this, it’s fab! It’s buy one get one half price at the mo so I got the HCC and the vitamin e hydrating facial mist - amazing for setting spray for make up

• Heart
The Superdrug Vit E range is great! I didn't get on with Liz Earle HCC but the Vit E HCC is really good.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I've recently started low strength retinol (its the la roche vitamin b3 + 0.3% retinol) - I also regularly use niacinamide and 2% bha liquid exfoliant. Does anyone have any advice as to whether I should use all these products together? Should I drop any while I introduce the retinol?

I've recently started low strength retinol (its the la roche vitamin b3 + 0.3% retinol) - I also regularly use niacinamide and 2% bha liquid exfoliant. Does anyone have any advice as to whether I should use all these products together? Should I drop any while I introduce the retinol?
I’ve used the LRP vit b3 + retinol before, it’s a really good product. I wouldn’t use it at the same time as the bha, I don’t think you’re supposed to mix retinol with salicylic acid - someone else will tell me if that’s correct? If you want to keep using both I’d alternate them every other night, or just use the retinol by itself to see what results you get.

Has anyone used azelaic acid and seen results? I've heard it's good for evening out red blotchy skin but I'm wary of acids 😬

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.