Skin care - tell me all of the advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone recommend a good sunscreen to wear for sensitive skin? I had tried some and they always seem so thick, like I’m rubbing on thick suncream and I don’t think my skin will like it!
I can't use chemical SPFs at all so I am always on the lookout for really good mineral SPF. They are very thick however they are incredibly unlikely to cause any reaction at all as they mostly sit on top of the skin.

I've tried Ren which is quite good and Avene's mineral one (thick but not too bad). There are also powder ones you can buy now too that go over the top of your moisturiser or make up.

Has anyone tried the nuskin cleansing brush?
The only people I know who rate it are the people who sell it and the ones who refuse to admit it’s not great after spending best part of £200.
For a lot of people it’ll be the first time in their life they’re actually cleaning their face properly. 2 mins morning and night, people don’t do this with a flannel for instance: Also the products applied make a big difference.
it’s a bit like people who get an electric toothbrush and it makes a massive difference. Yes they’re better than a manual (muni is better than fingers) but it’s the fact that they are using the timer and functions to brush for a far extended time in a more effective way.
You could get a rip off foreo from Amazon for £15 and get the same results.

Reactions: 3
my skin HATES salicylic acid, i’ve tried paulas choice and cerave cleanser and it makes my skin so sore and my spots so angry, but i hate my sabaceous filaments on my nose and chin, how can i get rid of them x

my skin HATES salicylic acid, i’ve tried paulas choice and cerave cleanser and it makes my skin so sore and my spots so angry, but i hate my sabaceous filaments on my nose and chin, how can i get rid of them x
You could try Mandelic acid> Apparently it's often tolerated well for people who are sensitive to Salicylic. Have a google and see if it sounds good. The Ordinary's is under £6 so not too much to spend if it doesn't suit.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
All super lovely advice! I think the secret to a good skin care routine (beyond sleep and water etc) is understanding your skin type and consistency.

my Routine is as follows;
Night time: cleanser (double cleanse if wearing make up), serum (I’m a fan of niacinimide), retinol, HA, moisturiser

day: light cleanse or just wash face with water, moisturiser, SPF.

toners aren’t necessary for a good skin care routine but also don’t do any harm 🙂

gkod brands: Cerave, Ordinary, La Roche Posay, Clarins, Liz Earle

Reactions: 1
So I really notice a difference when I keep up with my routine.

So AM I wash with a mild cleanser, I then tone and apply namicide as I have oily skin. I let that sink in and then apply a light moisturiser.

PM I take my makeup off with a eraser and water. Use an oil based make-up remover and then cleanse. I use the same toner and namicide. I then use a night cream with salicylic acid every other night.

The bane of my life is my oily skin.

Can anyone recommend a good sunscreen to wear for sensitive skin? I had tried some and they always seem so thick, like I’m rubbing on thick suncream and I don’t think my skin will like it!

Also I wonder if anyone can help, I did my morning skincare routine, cleanse, hylauonic acid, vit c and retinol. I then tried a moisturiser with spf in and when I tried a new primer, it felt like something was all coming off in bits all over my face?
Image skincare SPF are amazing!!!! I use the matte one as it’s also doubles up as a really good make up primer too 🥰 if your skin is dry there’s also a hydrating version. Alumier also do really nice skin friendly SPFs. Their clear shield spf is brill under make up too as its oil free.

it sounds like too many products layered up and maybe not left it long enough to sink in before applying the SPF and primer. I would try to get a good spf which addresses what you want from your primer I.e mattifying or hydrating so that you can skip out the primer step, if might help 😀xxx

Reactions: 2
Have been wondering why my skin is so angry at the moment, having never had problems with spots in the past...your post has just made me think it’s definitely this! It’s the only thing I’m using consistently along with a cleanser + spf that have both never made me break out before! Xx

You could try Mandelic acid> Apparently it's often tolerated well for people who are sensitive to Salicylic. Have a google and see if it sounds good. The Ordinary's is under £6 so not too much to spend if it doesn't suit.
thank you i’ll definitely give that a go! x

Have been wondering why my skin is so angry at the moment, having never had problems with spots in the past...your post has just made me think it’s definitely this! It’s the only thing I’m using consistently along with a cleanser + spf that have both never made me break out before! Xx
i hope your skin settles down for you! xx

My skin has been great because I WFH now - I get enough sleep (7h minimum) and haven't apply make up for ages.
My advice is very old fashion, cut down on alcohol, sugar (I am terrible at this), fry food, don't use make up unless you really need to. Why slap on expensive skin care then slap on more make up? - this is just my advice. My mum is oriental, I have been given this advice since young.
As for products, I think investing in a good serum, I like Lancôme Genifique serum

Image skincare SPF are amazing!!!! I use the matte one as it’s also doubles up as a really good make up primer too 🥰
Would you say this is a good daily facial SPF? I’ve been using Kiehl’s factor 50 but now that I never wear foundation I’ve realised it looks terrible on its own. It’s too shiny and grey. So I’m keen to find another one that’s not too sun creamy for daily use without foundation!

Rose quarts face roller and gua sha massager, I find these are great for lymphatic face drainage and have found it has helped reduce puffiness in the face.

I got mine of Amazon brand - ademan, I did have a face roller from Primark but it doesn’t have the same benefits.

Rose quarts face roller and gua sha massager, I find these are great for lymphatic face drainage and have found it has helped reduce puffiness in the face.

I got mine of Amazon brand - ademan, I did have a face roller from Primark but it doesn’t have the same benefits.
I got one of these for Xmas but have no idea how to use it! Do you have any tips?

• Heart
Would you say this is a good daily facial SPF? I’ve been using Kiehl’s factor 50 but now that I never wear foundation I’ve realised it looks terrible on its own. It’s too shiny and grey. So I’m keen to find another one that’s not too sun creamy for daily use without foundation!
Yes definitely. It’s sooo good on it’s own or under foundation as a primer/spf in one. I couldn’t be without it. Lasts soooo long too. Keep an eye on therapie website they sometimes have discount off image skincare 👌🏻

I got one of these for Xmas but have no idea how to use it! Do you have any tips?
image.jpg

This is what I got in with mine, I followed the diagram, I focus a lot on using both the stone and gua sha massager along my jaw line to help make my lower face look less puffy.
Also popping it in the fridge for 10 mins before makes it lovely and cool on the face, I can image it will be great for summer! Xx

• Heart
Yes definitely. It’s sooo good on it’s own or under foundation as a primer/spf in one. I couldn’t be without it. Lasts soooo long too. Keep an eye on therapie website they sometimes have discount off image skincare 👌🏻
Thank you 😊😊😊

• Heart
Keep it in the fridge if you want an extra depuffing effect. Always work from the inside out towards your ears as this will boost lymphatic drainage, normally do 10 times each side and move on to the next area. Apply a small amount of pressure but not so much that your skin is dragging. If you find skin dragging or you can’t get the amount of pressure right, use a facial oil to give a bit of slip. Works excellent under the eyes and jaw line 👌🏻

• Heart
View attachment 366407
This is what I got in with mine, I followed the diagram, I focus a lot on using both the stone and gua sha massager along my jaw line to help make my lower face look less puffy.
Also popping it in the fridge for 10 mins before makes it lovely and cool on the face, I can image it will be great for summer! Xx
Keep it in the fridge if you want an extra depuffing effect. Always work from the inside out towards your ears as this will boost lymphatic drainage, normally do 10 times each side and move on to the next area. Apply a small amount of pressure but not so much that your skin is dragging. If you find skin dragging or you can’t get the amount of pressure right, use a facial oil to give a bit of slip. Works excellent under the eyes and jaw line 👌🏻
Thank you both! Will have a go in the morning, off to pop it in the fridge 😀

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.