Skin care - tell me all of the advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tbh whatever I have in, sometimes it’s simple face wash, the clean and clear blackhead one I think is good, sometimes I use neutrogena face wash. I also use one of those exfoliation gloves every couple of days and that really helps to clear things up
Ah right maybe try a cleanser with salicylic acid or other mild exfoliating ingredients.

I know the cera ve one is popular but I'm a fan of superdrug own skincare brands as they work really well and cheap! I like the naturally radiant range but all they're products seem pretty decent

Does anybody have any tips/had good experiences for helping large pores?
I also have large pores and have tried lots of products to disguise them.
I joined beauty pie and have been using their micro peeling drops and retinol serum and moisturiser. My pores have halved in size in around 4 months. When I wear makeup you can’t see them anymore.

Reactions: 3
I suffer with hormonal acne as a result of my contraceptive pill.
what I’ve found that works for me and has drastically cleared up my acne and my skin looks so much healthier: (this may not work for everyone)

•Drink 2 litres of water a day.
•A few slices of cucumber in my glass/water bottle
•Use a vitamin C face wash in the morning. (I use Soap & Glory Vitamin C face wash)
At night:
•Double cleanse. (I use Garnier Micellar Water, and Cerave Foaming Cleanser)
•Tone. (I use Pixi Glow Tonic)
•Pat on The Ordinary Niacinamide & Zinc treatment
•Tiny bit of moisturiser

& once a week I will use The Ordinary Salicylic 2% face mask

Reactions: 4
Retinol is Vitamin A which initially used as a spot treatment as it resurfaces the skin. Since then it's mainly used for anti-ageing so fine lines, smoothing the skin, etc.

Differin is one of the original spot treating retinols so might be worth trying. I don't have any personal experience of using it though.
If you use Retinol, make sure you wear a good SPF daily. Same if you use glycolic acid.

Reactions: 1
I have large pores on my chin but also very sensitive skin.

Would retinol be too harse for my skin?

Ah right maybe try a cleanser with salicylic acid or other mild exfoliating ingredients.

I know the cera ve one is popular but I'm a fan of superdrug own skincare brands as they work really well and cheap! I like the naturally radiant range but all they're products seem pretty decent
Thank you!
I also have a small white head appear on my cheek that’s raised but no matter what it won’t pop, so frustrating!
Does anyone know what can help this?

I also have large pores and have tried lots of products to disguise them.
I joined beauty pie and have been using their micro peeling drops and retinol serum and moisturiser. My pores have halved in size in around 4 months. When I wear makeup you can’t see them anymore.
Thank you, I have just received the retinol serum, I will have to order the others over the next 2 months as I went for the cheapest subscription and only get £50 per month 🙈can I ask which moisturiser you had from there please?

Thank you, I have just received the retinol serum, I will have to order the others over the next 2 months as I went for the cheapest subscription and only get £50 per month 🙈can I ask which moisturiser you had from there please?
I use the retinol night renewal moisturiser at night and in the morning the super healthy skin lotion.
There’s so many products on there I want to try, I don’t think I’ll buy elsewhere again. The products are so cheap for the ingredients they contain.

774FB015-52F1-4197-BBB5-BB21A5CB3B39.jpeg

has anybody used this one ?

would I apply it after moisturiser?

I use garnier summer body glow moisturiser daily after I use witch hazel

Have a quick look what kind of regional and what concentration it is. Either way, it would be before moisturiser.

Got this email today, might be of interest to some. I’ve used a number of these products and they’re very good..... Nadine Baggot still gets right on my tits though 😂
13D8609C-0802-4D35-95BC-62EC585C2C3D.jpeg

I splurge on skincare (Dermalogica) and save on make-up (there's an Aussie brand called DB which I love ... I find many of the products comparable to Estee Lauder, which I used to buy).

Before Dermalogica, I tried Clarins, Ren, Estee Lauder, Dr Haushka, Origins ... so many. But I just bought into the hype without getting a proper skin consultation done. Earlier this year I went to get a facial at a Dermalogica salon and they did a face mapping for me, which showed what I needed. I was so impressed when, saying to the therapist that I would just take a cleanser and toner to begin with, she gave me a huge wad of samples for all the other products that this face mapping suggested I needed. After working through the samples and realising the benefit fairly quickly, I invested in the full size versions which were veeeery expensive ... but worth it. I just wish the products smelt lovely like Ren or Clarins - I'm a sucker for a lovely scent.

Despite the cost of the initial outlay, the products are actually lasting a really long time, and my skin has never been better. I especially love the concept of double cleansing.

Reactions: 4
View attachment 292047

Just wanted to give an update after purchasing this.. it’s worked absolute wonders for my skin! I thought my skin was decent before but after using this once a day/sometimes twice it’s gone so radiant. At first I did get some spots appearing but I think it’s called ‘retinol uglies’. They’ve gone now and it’s left looking really well. I also purchased the boots own brand glow serum which I think was also about £6 and that’s brilliant too just to wear on a no makeup day

Reactions: 2
Just wanted to give an update after purchasing this.. it’s worked absolute wonders for my skin! I thought my skin was decent before but after using this once a day/sometimes twice it’s gone so radiant. At first I did get some spots appearing but I think it’s called ‘retinol uglies’. They’ve gone now and it’s left looking really well. I also purchased the boots own brand glow serum which I think was also about £6 and that’s brilliant too just to wear on a no makeup day
Ohhh I was tempted to try this, might give it a go now 🙊

I have spent a lot money on skincare since I joined this thread 🙈 BUT I was so bad with using anything, going to bed with makeup still on etc so if it means I actually have a routine now then I’m sure my skin will thank me (my bank balance not so much 🤣)

Reactions: 3
I follow this skincare routine - https://www.beautsly.com/skincare-guide

Except I don’t use a cleanser because I’m a lazy bum. I just use micellar water. That Bioderma micellar water is amazing. I cannot believe I used to use makeup wipes when I was younger!

My skin is looking so much better now, especially since using tretinoin!! Omg I wish I knew about it 10 years ago 😭 I hardly ever wear makeup these days. I never thought that would ever happen lol

I splurge on skincare (Dermalogica) and save on make-up (there's an Aussie brand called DB which I love ... I find many of the products comparable to Estee Lauder, which I used to buy).

Before Dermalogica, I tried Clarins, Ren, Estee Lauder, Dr Haushka, Origins ... so many. But I just bought into the hype without getting a proper skin consultation done. Earlier this year I went to get a facial at a Dermalogica salon and they did a face mapping for me, which showed what I needed. I was so impressed when, saying to the therapist that I would just take a cleanser and toner to begin with, she gave me a huge wad of samples for all the other products that this face mapping suggested I needed. After working through the samples and realising the benefit fairly quickly, I invested in the full size versions which were veeeery expensive ... but worth it. I just wish the products smelt lovely like Ren or Clarins - I'm a sucker for a lovely scent.

Despite the cost of the initial outlay, the products are actually lasting a really long time, and my skin has never been better. I especially love the concept of double cleansing.
Sorry to jump on your post but which moisturiser do you choose from dermalogica? I’ve been using all their other products for over a year but had a ginormous tub of Kiehls moisturiser to get through that I have finally finished (I wouldn’t buy it again as I found it almost rubbed off and went flaky a few hours later rather than actually absorbing). I’ve been researching the dermalogica online but it’s sooo hard without being able to see someone to help!

Can anyone recommend a good sunscreen to wear for sensitive skin? I had tried some and they always seem so thick, like I’m rubbing on thick suncream and I don’t think my skin will like it!

Also I wonder if anyone can help, I did my morning skincare routine, cleanse, hylauonic acid, vit c and retinol. I then tried a moisturiser with spf in and when I tried a new primer, it felt like something was all coming off in bits all over my face?

I’ve heard niacinimide is FAB
I’d say half the people that use it swear by it and the other half absolutely detest it. Niacinamide seems to break a lot of people out including myself. Definitely try it on one area of your face for a week or so to see if your skin likes it 👍

Reactions: 2
Hey all, this is more a make up question but think its related to my skin care... i use a ELF primer and then liquid foundation applied with a beauty blender everyday but i noticed on my nose and either side the foundation never looks right it.... almost like i see wee dots coming through. Also my forehead looks nice and smooth, no wrinkles but when i look at in a certain light its like there are lots of little bumps?! 🤷🏻‍♀️ Need help please 🙏🏻

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.