Skin care - tell me all of the advice #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any advice for getting rid of milia?. Have one small and a bigger one by my nose!
Other than going somewhere for extraction, I wouldn't know how to get rid properly. But I had a couple of tiny ones just below my eyes and since using tretinoin, they've gone and none have come back in their place and I use rich eye creams without problem. Anecdotal evidence I know, but it clearly works for me.

Reactions: 1
Can anyone recommend products for textured skin? I saw online that Effaclar Duo by La Roche Posay is great so I’ve ordered that but I’m not sure if I need a retinol or not? 🩷

I’ve been using Elemis moisturiser and cleanser I got in my advent calendar. I’m just a few days my skin looks goo, so fresh. Is there a dupe as it’s so bloomin expensive otherwise
My mother in law gets me Elemis every Christmas and birthday. She gets sets from QVC that are good value so worth checking there

Any advice for getting rid of milia?. Have one small and a bigger one by my nose!
Beauty therapist here…..the only way to get them out is to stab them with something sharp and gently try to massage the hard bit out.

Alternatively you could exfoliate them but that never gets them out.

Hey I wondered if I could ask for some advice! Here’s everything I’m using right now and I need some new items. I’m basically clueless and learning as I go along but I’m trying to invest in looking after myself🙈 anything I’m missing or doing wrong will be great thank you

Nivea and Brazilian bum. I’m cream as body moisturiser before bed

Avene cleanser before bed to clean face but it’s about to run out so need a new one

Avene toner after cleanser but again running out

Miscellar water for make up remover

I was using Avene moisturiser but that’s ran out so feel I need a new moisturiser?

Super retinol eye cream before bed

Beauty pie highlighting primer I don’t know how to use this so haven’t yet

Ordinary vitamin c before bed currently in place of a moisturiser

Oxygen face mask one a week

Triple hyaluronic acid in the mornings

Super retinol hand cream before bed

Sheer tinted spf in the mornings

Eye pads once a week

Also shampoo… I’ve used the same shampoo for twelve years because it’s what my husband used (ex) so I know want ‘my own’ one but how do you know what’s right for you?

Also perfume… I went into boots and felt so overwhelmed and didn’t even know where to start on what to try so would you have any recommendations also for me to try?

Thank you, sorry if this all seems a bit silly

Attachments

Hey I wondered if I could ask for some advice! Here’s everything I’m using right now and I need some new items. I’m basically clueless and learning as I go along but I’m trying to invest in looking after myself🙈 anything I’m missing or doing wrong will be great thank you

Nivea and Brazilian bum. I’m cream as body moisturiser before bed

Avene cleanser before bed to clean face but it’s about to run out so need a new one

Avene toner after cleanser but again running out

Miscellar water for make up remover

I was using Avene moisturiser but that’s ran out so feel I need a new moisturiser?

Super retinol eye cream before bed

Beauty pie highlighting primer I don’t know how to use this so haven’t yet

Ordinary vitamin c before bed currently in place of a moisturiser

Oxygen face mask one a week

Triple hyaluronic acid in the mornings

Super retinol hand cream before bed

Sheer tinted spf in the mornings

Eye pads once a week

Also shampoo… I’ve used the same shampoo for twelve years because it’s what my husband used (ex) so I know want ‘my own’ one but how do you know what’s right for you?

Also perfume… I went into boots and felt so overwhelmed and didn’t even know where to start on what to try so would you have any recommendations also for me to try?

Thank you, sorry if this all seems a bit silly
Not silly at all. I'm rubbish with skincare but others will be along to help.

As for hair stuff.. I have a great hairdresser who advises against the silicone products (pantene, tresemme etc) and recommends a brand called joico. Worth the extra expense. My hair has never been softer, bouncier and in such great condition. You don't need alot of it either so it's lasts ages.

Perfume wise I have a few everyday perfumes that aren't too expensive and something more pricey for Weekend/special occasions. I used next perfumes for everyday. I love justpink. Then Armani usually as more more pricey one.

• Heart
Not silly at all. I'm rubbish with skincare but others will be along to help.

As for hair stuff.. I have a great hairdresser who advises against the silicone products (pantene, tresemme etc) and recommends a brand called joico. Worth the extra expense. My hair has never been softer, bouncier and in such great condition. You don't need alot of it either so it's lasts ages.

Perfume wise I have a few everyday perfumes that aren't too expensive and something more pricey for Weekend/special occasions. I used next perfumes for everyday. I love justpink. Then Armani usually as more more pricey one.
Thank you!! I will give joico a go, and for the perfume recommendations I’ll go and try them too. I’ve used daisy forever but don’t know if I still like it or just bored of it. I appreciate it thank you

I need some advice on skincare please! I constantly get little sebaceous filaments on my nose and chin. I also have combination skin. I’m just so lost on where to start. I want to find a good skin care routine that really works for me.
Currently I use a moisturiser with spf with spf over the top in the morning, in the evening I use a cleanser and toner. I have used AHAs to help with the nose and chin situation but I feel like my skin just looks tired and dull. I’m approaching 30 so I want to maintain youthful looking skin as long as possible while ageing gracefully. Please give me advice for all the products or possible help 😮💨😮💨😮💨

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I need some advice on skincare please! I constantly get little sebaceous filaments on my nose and chin. I also have combination skin. I’m just so lost on where to start. I want to find a good skin care routine that really works for me.
Currently I use a moisturiser with spf with spf over the top in the morning, in the evening I use a cleanser and toner. I have used AHAs to help with the nose and chin situation but I feel like my skin just looks tired and dull. I’m approaching 30 so I want to maintain youthful looking skin as long as possible while ageing gracefully. Please give me advice for all the products or possible help 😮💨😮💨😮💨
You’d be best booking in for a facial or skin mapping (dermalogica). They will recommend what you need. you wouldn't have to buy the exact products but it would give you an idea