SJ Strum

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure if families is the right place, but if it's not someone let me know and I'll try move it ☺

I've just discovered SJ and can't find a thread for her, if there is one please forgive me!

Anyway, anyone else watch her?
I found her by accident last night and have been watching her weight loss videos.
I think she comes across nice, but I'm confused as to whether I find her voice really calming, or really annoying ?

Reactions: 7
I only began watching her recently. Similar to Katie Ellison - appears genuine and normal. Quite like her. Her hubby has a proper job (cough, Lee Medrum) she had a career before and stuff.
I'm not intetested in the baby name vids at all though - I have no idea how she does one vid a week on baby names o_O

Reactions: 3
I used to like the baby name vids, but now they have got ridiculous and repetative.

She does seem nice, and i like her parenting style and the kids are cute.

There does seem to be an insecure side to her, desperate to be liked and keeping up with the Jones. I find her quite smug about her weight loss. Sounds like she had a really good job before, would like to hear more about that.

Reactions: 6
Yes I've just scrolled through he channel and seen 00'sof baby name videos! I can't bring myself to watch those.
She seems quite nice and normal so far,normal house etc.
I see she used Cambridge weight plan, and I'm sure she said her mum's a consultant for them?

Her husband looks a fair bit like mine (my husband is Danish but grew up in England from age 5). Freaked out when I saw the couples Q&A thumbnail initially. Thought Mr Everly had a double life ?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I think she seems quite nice but I have zero interest in watching weekly baby name videos. It seems like quite a niche market tbh

Reactions: 1
I quite like her. I think she comes across genuine. I started watching her as she did some videos on her son's speech therapy, and my daughter is also accessing speech therapy. I commented on some videos and she replied with a lovely response.
I like her family set up, her and hubby seem really sweet.
Her mum is a consultant for cambridge. She did well to lose so much, not sure I could do it on that plan but props to her.
Baby name videos not for me x

I absolutely love her. She is 100% my favourite YouTuber. Weirdly, even although I'm not naming a baby, I love her baby name videos and really enjoy how much effort she puts into them. She also seems to avoid doing many adverts which I really appreciate (take note, Mrs Meldrum). Genuine, down to earth mummy I think :)

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The thing I like about SJ is that in her last Q&A video (or it might’ve been an assumptions) she was talking about fitting in her work but then said “you can hardly call making a few videos ‘work’ but you know what I mean” ?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Yeah I think a 3 stone loss instead of 4 would’ve suited her better. That last stone has made her gaunt & a bit skeletal imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do wonder about how it works in the long term, it’s very extreme

I really like her, and I love her style. I’d like to hear more about her old career and how it developed. I agree that she has lost too much weight, she would look better with a stone back on. I don’t agree so much with Cambridge weight plan it seems so extreme and unhealthy and I don’t see how it is sustainable long term as she still seems to be not eating normal food most of the time- that can’t be good for her. I feel like she favours her girl sometimes, but maybe that’s just because we see more of her as the older ones are at school.

Reactions: 2
There was a group of women at work about ten years ago and they all did Cambridge, lost loads and looked great. I’d say within five years they had all put it back on and more

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Oh I'm glad people like her then! I was searching for someone new to watch who's just normal and down to earth, so I'll keep watching her ☺
I've never done Cambridge, but it seems very restrictive, fair play to her for having the dedication to stick to it.
Does she always speak in a sort of whispery voice, or have I just watched a couple of videos where she's been ill?

Oh I'm glad people like her then! I was searching for someone new to watch who's just normal and down to earth, so I'll keep watching her ☺
I've never done Cambridge, but it seems very restrictive, fair play to her for having the dedication to stick to it.
Does she always speak in a sort of whispery voice, or have I just watched a couple of videos where she's been ill?
Yes, shes very softly spoken all the time. I quite like her style, it's a bit boho and really suits her.

I think shes the type of person who you could get on with in real life.

Absolutely, it's nice to see an "influencer" who has their own style and doesn't live in a house decked out in 50 shades of grey ?

Argghh this is a hard one for me! I think she seems sweet and mild. Very non offensive. She actually inspired me to lose 2.5 stone last summer doing cwp.. I have gained 1 and a half back! She is doing really well but still seems to be restricting herself loads. Better than me though and regaining it haha. The thing I dislike is that I don't find her very relatable. Everything is so stylish, she thinks very carefully about what shes going to say and its usually informative rather than relatable. There must be some tiger in her as she got high up in her career. Her non discipline parenting and only feeding them organic rice cakes again etc seems abit unrelatable to me but maybe thats more me being a crap parent haha. Overall I like her but she is a bit blah. A bit like Katie Ellison.

Reactions: 6
Argghh this is a hard one for me! I think she seems sweet and mild. Very non offensive. She actually inspired me to lose 2.5 stone last summer doing cwp.. I have gained 1 and a half back! She is doing really well but still seems to be restricting herself loads. Better than me though and regaining it haha. The thing I dislike is that I don't find her very relatable. Everything is so stylish, she thinks very carefully about what shes going to say and its usually informative rather than relatable. There must be some tiger in her as she got high up in her career. Her non discipline parenting and only feeding them organic rice cakes again etc seems abit unrelatable to me but maybe thats more me being a crap parent haha. Overall I like her but she is a bit blah. A bit like Katie Ellison.
Totally this. For me there is nothing unlikable about her, and i like her videos. Definately think there is more to her, as you said she got high up in cut throat career early. Seems maybe abit OCD or controlling. I remember watching one of her videos years ago about how hurt she was by some comments people made about her having two boys so she tried to control having a girl next. And how she felt out of control with her sons speach issues so lost lots of weight to gain control somewhere else. Surely no one cares about her childrens gender and would only be suportive about the speach delay, you cant control those things. I just thinks an edge to her. she would be a competative friend, always comparing herself looks and weight wise.
I liked her sound of music videos as that is one of my favourite films. I'd imagine she will go straight back into a great job if and when she decides too.

Reactions: 4
Glad I found this thread, I also absolutely love her.

Agree that some of the baby name videos are a bit wild these days, I mean how many baby name themes can you do before running dry?

Really like her though, she responds to people, she's normal and she doesn't seem like she's doing this for anything other than a bit of fun and a hobby for herself (I.e. Not doing it for the fame and all the freebies like many others)

I think she will go back to work in a few years time and be straight back into a successful career.

With people like Mrs Meldrum I almost can't wait for the YouTube lifestyle to come crashing down, because then she will actually have to do some productive.

But with SJ I'm still enjoying watching her and it doesn't seem like she's even thinking about making it a long term permanent career, so I'd wish her all the best for both YouTube and her future career after it eventually ends.