Sir Keir Starmer

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Saying someone is better than Norries is pretty much the least praise you can give anyone :LOL:

Bunch of toddlers the whole lot of them on either side. No one looking in the long term, just about securing the next election.

Reactions: 3
We have had a PM with lots of charisma and look where that got us. Starmer is a decent human being and a safe pair of hands. He clearly is going into bat for us normal “working” people and I believe he will make a decent Prime Minister. We need to Tories out which means getting behind Labour and Starmer as he is the leader of the party. I worked under Starmer when he was DPP and was very impressed by the way he goes about his business. For those who say that they don’t know what he stands for, I can only assume that they have not been listening. Maybe he needs to get a toddlers haircut, throw in random quotes from the classics and start shagging anything in a skirt? He listens to people and he clearly wants to make this a better country for everybody to live in, not just the well off. Let’s just hope that the turkeys don’t vote for Christmas yet again in the next election!

Nah, he can get in the bin. We need someone to stand up for women and stop all this 'women can have penises' bullshit.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
When did Starmer say women can have penises? He made a statement fairly recently where it made it quite clear that women are women. Clearly there are issues over trans people. I know one person who used to be a woman but is now a man. You wouldn’t know that he didn’t used to be a woman before if you met him and he is so much happier now he is living his life in the gender he feels he is and is married to a lady and they have a child together. I also know someone born as a man who is now a woman. I didn’t know her before she went through the process but she seems very happy with herself now. These are very deep seated issues and it’s a shame that they have been politicised in this way.

Reactions: 5
We have had a PM with lots of charisma and look where that got us. Starmer is a decent human being and a safe pair of hands. He clearly is going into bat for us normal “working” people and I believe he will make a decent Prime Minister. We need to Tories out which means getting behind Labour and Starmer as he is the leader of the party. I worked under Starmer when he was DPP and was very impressed by the way he goes about his business. For those who say that they don’t know what he stands for, I can only assume that they have not been listening. Maybe he needs to get a toddlers haircut, throw in random quotes from the classics and start shagging anything in a skirt? He listens to people and he clearly wants to make this a better country for everybody to live in, not just the well off. Let’s just hope that the turkeys don’t vote for Christmas yet again in the next election!
Agree, I hate this thing about "charisma", I want someone who is at least half competent, not a massive right wing head willing to give contracts to all of their friends selling off our public services. Being funny on mock the week or whatever is not a priority. Labour clearly do have huge problems, not to mention Momentum or the whole not defining a woman thing... but really, we are voting for the least bad. Tories, in terms of the economy, for the poorest of us, are much, much worse, and that is evident by the politices Truss immediately put in. They care about the rich and that is it

When did Starmer say women can have penises? He made a statement fairly recently where it made it quite clear that women are women. Clearly there are issues over trans people. I know one person who used to be a woman but is now a man. You wouldn’t know that he didn’t used to be a woman before if you met him and he is so much happier now he is living his life in the gender he feels he is and is married to a lady and they have a child together. I also know someone born as a man who is now a woman. I didn’t know her before she went through the process but she seems very happy with herself now. These are very deep seated issues and it’s a shame that they have been politicised in this way.

He was asked 'can a woman have a penis' and the answer he gave was 'yes'.

• Sad
But I was impressed by Starmer as DPP but that doesn’t make a good politician. I’m relatively good at my job, but I couldn’t be a footballer, being good at one thing doesn’t beget another.
I was very happy for him to be leader, he seemed sensible, and more of the Milliband mode. but things still feel vague, he could do that when there was no hope. Now there’s hope he needs to crack on and jsut get a simple plan out there. And it’s not through lack of listening, I am trying to hear what labour are saying, but the background noise jsut seems to take over tbh. And then I lose interest.
for the harder labour supporters here, it might be good to define very simply what Labour are planning to do for the undecided of us rather than just saying ‘you’re not listening’.

Agree, I hate this thing about "charisma", I want someone who is at least half competent, not a massive right wing head willing to give contracts to all of their friends selling off our public services. Being funny on mock the week or whatever is not a priority. Labour clearly do have huge problems, not to mention Momentum or the whole not defining a woman thing... but really, we are voting for the least bad. Tories, in terms of the economy, for the poorest of us, are much, much worse, and that is evident by the politices Truss immediately put in. They care about the rich and that is it
I get you, and it’s not about charisma for me either, tbh, if it was about cult following there was an equal chance of corbyn getting in last time. So clearly charisma didn’t fully win out here.
it’s about someone to me anyway, saying this is what I want to do, this is how it will help the majority, the workers who make up most of the country, not just small sectors. And crack on.

But I was impressed by Starmer as DPP but that doesn’t make a good politician. I’m relatively good at my job, but I couldn’t be a footballer, being good at one thing doesn’t beget another.
I was very happy for him to be leader, he seemed sensible, and more of the Milliband mode. but things still feel vague, he could do that when there was no hope. Now there’s hope he needs to crack on and jsut get a simple plan out there. And it’s not through lack of listening, I am trying to hear what labour are saying, but the background noise jsut seems to take over tbh. And then I lose interest.
for the harder labour supporters here, it might be good to define very simply what Labour are planning to do for the undecided of us rather than just saying ‘you’re not listening’.

I get you, and it’s not about charisma for me either, tbh, if it was about cult following there was an equal chance of corbyn getting in last time. So clearly charisma didn’t fully win out here.
it’s about someone to me anyway, saying this is what I want to do, this is how it will help the majority, the workers who make up most of the country, not just small sectors. And crack on.
Agree Labour are a wreck, they should be walking this and explaining how they will help normal people. But do you think massive tax buts for the rich will help most people? As I said, we are voting for the least bad. The tories and the rich are bankcing on people like us not voting and that is the truth

Well you weren't exactly talking like a Labour voter. I find it depressing how many people who say they're Labour voters seem to enjoy running the party down.

I don't give a toss who's Labour leader, I just want those Tory bastards out.

Agree Labour are a wreck, they should be walking this and explaining how they will help normal people. But do you think massive tax buts for the rich will help most people? As I said, we are voting for the least bad. The tories and the rich are bankcing on people like us not voting and that is the truth
Not at all, there are some many companies and rich people fleecing the system. So it is a bit of less worse with who people vote for now I think. but I like to know what I’m getting myself in for. I feel like British politics for years has relied on things being explained enough to grab the vote, but vague enough that they can say ‘well, what we have done is sort of what we said’ and then we walk, no matter what party into some sod up or another. So people stop voting because why would you when they barely do what they say, and that’s all parties.
there should be a rule, a simple bullet point breakdown of what they will do that people can hold them to account for, not points hidden on a waffled pamphlet.
And keir starmer should know to do this, given his background of student activism and the law, I’m sure he couldn’t just give a vague argument to a judge and hope they would run with it. Maybe it’s me, but I think The voting populous should be treated with respect, and it doesn’t feel that way. Many of us now come from the Blair education and 50% at uni era, so we should be treated as intelligent people and not just given shite to try and make sense of to end up saying sod it and voting how we always do 🤷🏻‍♀️ because right now that’s how it feels, that we are being treated as if we are thick toddlers.

Agree Labour are a wreck, they should be walking this and explaining how they will help normal people. But do you think massive tax buts for the rich will help most people? As I said, we are voting for the least bad. The tories and the rich are banking on people like us not voting and that is the truth
It's nothing to do with the rich.

Go and look at a map of the last General Election - when you take out the divisions of Brexit (which is pretty much a North-South / class divide (akin to 1980s political split in reverse)) - is that Labour hold the metropolitan mayoralities and the Conservatives took the towns.
There are a few anomalies, such as Oldham - but in general this holds true.

The reason for this is simple.
If you live in a town on the edge of one of these mayoralities you will see services cut, spending cuts, transport problems, policing cuts, hospitals rationalised (cut)... in short you will be screwed.

Labour have been very successful at blaming the long term structural issues that have been building for decades on one terrible budget. And it could all be fixed by reversing said budget 🙄

It feels like swooping out one set of liars for another. Different lies, but still lies.

"It's all created by the government" - Lisa Nandy this Morning talking about the current crisis.

I know people want simple answers to complicated problems, but this is silly. The government saying the crisis is nothing to do with the budget and external factors are to blame, labour saying it was 100% caused by the budget. Why is it so hard to say the truth that it's somewhere in the middle?

I want a party that will be truthful, I'm a big girl.

Reactions: 4
Shadow culture secretary Lucy Powell is talking about the online safety bill just needs another half day to push it through parliament 😬. Literally the worst bill in many decades that's in an awful state and she's presenting it as it's all ready to go 🤦‍♀️.

At this point we might as well have a general election. Its such a difficult time to govern with no easy fixes to these problems that have been building up for a long time. I'm not sure why anyone would want it. And all these labour spokespersons give me zero confidence that they're any better.

Screenshot_20221013_080859.jpg

Reactions: 1
Shadow culture secretary Lucy Powell is talking about the online safety bill just needs another half day to push it through parliament 😬.
Realistically it would be a whole day, but that would only be the house of commons. The Lords are going to rip it apart.

Shadow culture secretary Lucy Powell is talking about the online safety bill just needs another half day to push it through parliament 😬. Literally the worst bill in many decades that's in an awful state and she's presenting it as it's all ready to go 🤦‍♀️.

At this point we might as well have a general election. Its such a difficult time to govern with no easy fixes to these problems that have been building up for a long time. I'm not sure why anyone would want it. And all these labour spokespersons give me zero confidence that they're any better.

View attachment 1646940
Truss has now gone beyond the point of no return I think. I never thought I'd feel sorry for her, but when The King, at your first audience breaks all constitutional conventions and no one even bats an eyelid to pull him up on it, in fact it increases his popularity amongst Republicans tenfold and your allies in the press are comparing you to a lettuce, it is time to call an election, and either get a mandate or be put out of your misery.

What makes me not want an election now is labour is so far ahead they aren't going to have to try.

I really want to see proportional representation and an elected second chamber, but annoyingly they seem to have gone quiet on that since the poll surge! Promising those two things alone will get me to switch away from the greens.

Realistically it would be a whole day, but that would only be the house of commons. The Lords are going to rip it apart.
At least and if the commons was functioning they'd reject it!

Odd to see labour pushing for Dorries' mess of a bill. Needs to be scrapped and started again. Probably just aimed as a child safety thing to start with.

Reactions: 2