Sir Keir Starmer

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

Might as well start a thread for him, just when you think he couldn't get any more tragic 😶. How many advisors did the John Lewis wallpaper staged photo go through and all agreed it was a good idea? 🥴
_118260957_mediaitem118257593.jpg

The corpse of the Hartlepool hung monkey could do a better job.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Might as well set up a thread for him, just when you think be couldn't get any more tragic 😶. Now many advisors did the John Lewis wallpaper photos go through and all agree it was a good idea
View attachment 554869

I have no idea why politicians think any of these stunts are good ideas - OK their PR peeps. It is stupid beyond stupid. So Mr Starmer... has your family sold that plot of land in Oxted yet which is waterlogged and unsuitable for development but which has somehow got a possible planning application passed??? You know Sir, behind the Haycutter...

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I have no idea why politicians think any of these stunts are good ideas - OK their PR peeps. It is stupid beyond stupid. So Mr Starmer... has your family sold that plot of land in Oxted yet which is waterlogged and unsuitable for development but which has somehow got a possible planning application passed??? You know Sir, behind the Haycutter...
how do they never learn?! it reminds me of something from the thick of it

Reactions: 11
Might as well start a thread for him, just when you think he couldn't get any more tragic 😶. How many advisors did the John Lewis wallpaper staged photo go through and all agreed it was a good idea? 🥴
View attachment 554869

For crying out loud. How much money did that waste? They behave like naughty public school boys.

I despair, there's no credible mainstream political parties in this country. No wonder so many people don't bother to vote.

Reactions: 15

Yel

There's probably utter bewilderment at labour hq as to how this didn't work and that his approval ratings are still way below the torys 😆.

Seems like it would be so easy to have a credible opposition right now, but they blow it everytime focusing on the wrong things and treating the electorate as fools.

Screenshot_20210502-113634_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210502-113251_Chrome.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 8
There's probably utter bewilderment at labour hq as to how this didn't work and that his approval ratings are still way below the torys 😆.

Seems like it would be so easy to have a credible opposition right now, but they blow it everytime focusing on the wrong things and treating the electorate as fools.

View attachment 556021

View attachment 556017
exactly, labour should be walking this, I used to be a member of the party but left as I just despair of their lack of action on anything

Reactions: 13
The reason why they're not walking it is because of most of the media being a Tory propaganda machine, aiding and abetting their corrupt ways, FFS.

It wouldn't matter who was Labour leader right now.

Reactions: 28
I like Keir Starmer and I think it would be very hard for any opposition right now as all anyone really cares about is the vaccine and getting out of lockdown. I think Labour's problems are way more than Starmer and getting rid of him would only make things worse. The party seems to not only not understand the English working classes, but loathe them. I think Brexit has thrown this into sharp relief and whatever Starmer does right is cancelled by the party behaving like a middle class pressure group for minority causes. The fact is most people are aligned with the Tories on social issues like immigration, gay rights, trans rights etc and Labour sound like a bunch of middle class students. I have always voted Labour, but I just despair. I think they are a dying party and unless they come up with a really good policy platform and have a purge of the far left nutters they are doomed. It's really depressing as Johnson is just terrible, but I don't know what Labour stand for. And don't even start me on Scotland.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I like Keir Starmer and I think it would be very hard for any opposition right now as all anyone really cares about is the vaccine and getting out of lockdown. I think Labour's problems are way more than Starmer and getting rid of him would only make things worse. The party seems to not only not understand the English working classes, but loathe them. I think Brexit has thrown this into sharp relief and whatever Starmer does right is cancelled by the party behaving like a middle class pressure group for minority causes. The fact is most people are aligned with the Tories on social issues like immigration, gay rights, trans rights etc and Labour sound like a bunch of middle class students. I have always voted Labour, but I just despair. I think they are a dying party and unless they come up with a really good policy platform and have a purge of the far left nutters they are doomed. It's really depressing as Johnson is just terrible, but I don't know what Labour stand for. And don't even start me on Scotland.
the lack of any clear opposition to brexit was just unforgiveable in my opinion, before that I had liked and respected Corbyn, remember when he was asked which way he voted in the referendum and he refused to answer? totally ridiculous

Reactions: 9
Corbyn disappointed me greatly with that. His pro-Brexit stance became very much clear after the 2017 election.

So Labour needs to appeal to the racists and homophobes? Got it ;)

Reactions: 9
the lack of any clear opposition to brexit was just unforgiveable in my opinion, before that I had liked and respected Corbyn, remember when he was asked which way he voted in the referendum and he refused to answer? totally ridiculous
It was all about not upsetting the northern working classes who wanted Brexit though- he was a Remainer in the closet.

Reactions: 4
I don't think so, he has been a vocal anti EU throughout his career
Really...? Ahh l vaguely remember some old footage now you mention it..but did he still feel that way, why wouldn't he just come out with it?

Reactions: 1
Really...? Ahh l vaguely remember some old footage now you mention it..but did he still feel that way, why wouldn't he just come out with it?
I don;t think you can change your opinion so much tbh, and if he had wanted to win over the north etc he should have put fprward a good argument for the EU, it is not hard to do, I also always found it odd as the EU has done/did SO much for workers rights in the UK, it was them who insisted on a minimum wage in the UK, to give just one example.
There are good Labour MPs, David Lammy as one example, who would be someone good at PMQs etc, but starmer, even again Bojo comes across as weak with no ideas, no suggestions on how to deal with anything better, just criticisms, I used to watch PMQs all the time, but now cannot as it is just depressing

Reactions: 6
It's seems a bit shady.

Tory and Labour being so ahead of all the other parties is so depressing. We have our county elections this week, l would like to think people will vote for change given all this scandal..let's hope Rasputin has got more stories up his sleeve 😆 honestly that man is utterly vile.

Reactions: 2
I don;t think you can change your opinion so much tbh, and if he had wanted to win over the north etc he should have put fprward a good argument for the EU, it is not hard to do, I also always found it odd as the EU has done/did SO much for workers rights in the UK, it was them who insisted on a minimum wage in the UK, to give just one example.
There are good Labour MPs, David Lammy as one example, who would be someone good at PMQs etc, but starmer, even again Bojo comes across as weak with no ideas, no suggestions on how to deal with anything better, just criticisms, I used to watch PMQs all the time, but now cannot as it is just depressing
I've wanted Lammy for leader for years now. I think he'd be excellent.

Reactions: 10
Corbyn is a long time Euro sceptic. He was on the fence during the referendum because that was the only way he could be leader, as the party was pro remain, but he didnt want to campaign for Remain, so we had his fluffed non committal to anything.

Reactions: 7

Yel

I'm not going to read it, but sounds about right 😆

Screenshot_20210505-081657_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 10