Sinead’s Curvy Style #5 can’t dress for her size, all her meals served with fries

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Because she is clearly overweight and its not healthy for her body. That's why. I couldn't give a duck if she does or not as she's not my family member. As a healthcare worker, it's obvious to see she would benefit of losing weight. Her " angles" are def good. Just my opinion.
No one needs to lose or gain weight based on another’s opinion. If it affects her health it’s her business.

Reactions: 14
No one needs to lose or gain weight based on another’s opinion. If it affects her health it’s her business.
That's exactly hit the nail on the head. It's my opinion. It WILL affect her health but hey, what do I know as a Nurse. She has health issues with her back etc and when told to lose weight, she accused the professionals of " fat shaming" her. So make of that as you will. She is overweight and its all on her middle. Heart attack or diabetes candidate.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
That's exactly hit the nail on the head. It's my opinion. It WILL affect her health but hey, what do I know as a Nurse. She has health issues with her back etc and when told to lose weight, she accused the professionals of " fat shaming" her. So make of that as you will. She is overweight and its all on her middle. Heart attack or diabetes candidate.
Again, her business 🤷🏼‍♀️ She’s an adult. You being a nurse doesn’t override her free will to live her life as she wants.

Reactions: 23
But it’s not just her business though really, because one day it’s going to become the business of some nurse/doctor who has to perform CPR when she drops of a heart attack. Thereby becoming the business of our health service which we all contribute towards in our taxes (excluding tax dodger Sinead of course)

Again, her business 🤷🏼‍♀️ She’s an adult. You being a nurse doesn’t override her free will to live her life as she wants.
True but it becomes our problem as nurses when she lands through the doors of A&E with all the health problems associated with obesity and expects us to magically fix it without any effort on her part. Oh if I had a dime for every time! But people like her don’t typically change their habits unfortunately. If you don’t make time for your health you will be forced to make time for your illness. One day though time runs out

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
But it’s not just her business though really, because one day it’s going to become the business of some nurse/doctor who has to perform CPR when she drops of a heart attack. Thereby becoming the business of our health service which we all contribute towards in our taxes (excluding tax dodger Sinead of course)
There are many lifestyle choices which contribute to poor health outcomes, not just weight, be it too high or too low but we don’t see those choices held up to the same scrutiny here. Medics perform CPR on many people, not just fat people. We all pay for all kinds of services through general taxation and we don’t get to dictate who can avail of them. I for one have private health insurance but I still contribute to the public health system that I don’t use (thank god!) and rightly so, the social welfare system I don’t benefit from except the universal child benefit all parents here get. That kind of argument could go any number of unsavoury places for example if we examined the cost of the single parent social welfare subsidies to the taxpayer. General taxation funds public services and supports. A fat person is no less entitled to avail of them than anyone else in society but fat people are an easy target.

Reactions: 27
There are many lifestyle choices which contribute to poor health outcomes, not just weight, be it too high or too low but we don’t see those choices held up to the same scrutiny here. Medics perform CPR on many people, not just fat people. We all pay for all kinds of services through general taxation and we don’t get to dictate who can avail of them. I for one have private health insurance but I still contribute to the public health system that I don’t use (thank god!) and rightly so, the social welfare system I don’t benefit from except the universal child benefit all parents here get. That kind of argument could go any number of unsavoury places for example if we examined the cost of the single parent social welfare subsidies to the taxpayer. General taxation funds public services and supports. A fat person is no less entitled to avail of them than anyone else in society but fat people are an easy target.
Yes there are many lifestyle choices which contribute to poor health outcomes, smoking being the big elephant in the room. Also alcohol and drug use is alarming high, particularly in Limerick. And the illnesses which result from these lifestyle choices significantly impact our health service. Obesity is the leading cause of death worldwide and whether that leads to unsavoury places or not, I apologise but it is fact. And yes we perform CPR on anyone that requires it but it is hugely more difficult to carry out CPR on an overweight/obese person. The higher the BMI index is, the lower the quality of CPR received becomes. It is almost impossible to compress the chest deep enough in accordance with CPR recommendations. And I have no issue with my tax money paying for our public health services but I do have a problem with those who dodge paying tax but will still expect us to perform miracles when their health concerns are primarily attributed to their own choices. Smoke, eat all the food, take all the drugs, drink all the alcohol, yes it is an individuals choice but don’t expect to arrive in A&E to nurses waving magic wands to fix it all and then get nasty when told it’s not possible and the damage is done. Yes we can treat a condition and manage symptoms but there isn’t always a magic cure.
If I knew then what I know now I would have been a vet. Animals are so much preferable to humans.

• Heart
Yes there are many lifestyle choices which contribute to poor health outcomes, smoking being the big elephant in the room. Also alcohol and drug use is alarming high, particularly in Limerick. And the illnesses which result from these lifestyle choices significantly impact our health service. Obesity is the leading cause of death worldwide and whether that leads to unsavoury places or not, I apologise but it is fact. And yes we perform CPR on anyone that requires it but it is hugely more difficult to carry out CPR on an overweight/obese person. The higher the BMI index is, the lower the quality of CPR received becomes. It is almost impossible to compress the chest deep enough in accordance with CPR recommendations. And I have no issue with my tax money paying for our public health services but I do have a problem with those who dodge paying tax but will still expect us to perform miracles when their health concerns are primarily attributed to their own choices. Smoke, eat all the food, take all the drugs, drink all the alcohol, yes it is an individuals choice but don’t expect to arrive in A&E to nurses waving magic wands to fix it all and then get nasty when told it’s not possible and the damage is done. Yes we can treat a condition and manage symptoms but there isn’t always a magic cure.
If I knew then what I know now I would have been a vet. Animals are so much preferable to humans.
You’re making a huge amount of assumptions there, presumably about Sinead, as this thread is about her. How do you know she doesn’t have private health insurance and doesn’t use the public health system? How do you know she would come in to A&E expecting nurses to fix her? If CPR is less successful on her due to her size that’s her own risk she is taking. I’m sure she is well aware there could be implications for her health, it’s not like the world is shy about telling fat people that every day. If she dodged tax, report her, to the appropriate authorities not to tattle, because the latter is pointless. She doesn’t appear concerned about her size and openly says so and that seems to bother a lot of people who seem to have a problem with fat people being happy fat.

Reactions: 19
I tell you one thing I hope to god I never come
Across you as a nurse… your extremely opinionated when your supposed to have empathy towards service users.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Jesus 🙈🙈🙈

Just because someone is overweight it does not mean they're unhealthy. Do you have access to that person's blood work or medical records? Maybe you should look at your own ability to judge someone based solely on their appearance. (Ps it is called anti fat bias).

It is like when someone comments that so and so is looking great, they're after loosing a couple of stone (when so and so has been diagnosed with cancer and couldn't be at a worse place health wise).

Stop judging people's appearances, you have no clue.

Reactions: 27
Just say you hate fat people and get on with it. Disguising it as concern for their health or a possible burden on the health system is disingenuous.
Do you chastise your overweight colleagues in the hospital or clinic you work in and remind them how their BMI is unsuitable for cpr (BMI which is outdated and rooted on racism and gender bias BTW but never mind you are obviously an authority so I won't need explain that to you right?? )

Reactions: 20
Across you as a nurse… your extremely opinionated when your supposed to have empathy towards service users.
Me too and hopefully you won’t. After 20 years of verbal and physical abuse from patients it’s hard to find the empathy anymore. When you’ve had someone throw their faeces at you and spit in your face because their angry they must remain attached to oxygen at all times and there’s no available to accompany them outside for a cigarette come back and talk to me then

• Angry
Reactions: 7
Me too and hopefully you won’t. After 20 years of verbal and physical abuse from patients it’s hard to find the empathy anymore. When you’ve had someone throw their faeces at you and spit in your face because their angry they must remain attached to oxygen at all times and there’s no available to accompany them outside for a cigarette come back and talk to me then
Maybe it’s time to move into a non-hospital based role then if that’s how you feel. The inefficiency of the running of the HSE is the biggest waste of money in the health service, not treating fat people, so there’s bound to be a desk job there for you.

Reactions: 29
Took the words out of my mouth. Remind me and my fat loved ones to avoid this user at all costs.

Reactions: 13
I am talking to you I am also a nurse. Your appaling. Can’t believe you would speak like that of people. I think it’s time you quit nursing clearly isn’t for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Il actually so glad all the same for Sinéad that she had started working on this new brand or whatever thing it is. She is so lost since the breakup it’s good she has something to put her mind to and work towards

Reactions: 8
Sinead appears to enjoy her life. That’s fine but I can’t deny it irritates me watching her walk herself merrily down the path to chronic illness. There is so much more to life than the constant consumption of food and alcohol. It personally offends more so today because after 10 years of dealing with a chronic illness I find myself getting worse. I’m only a little older than Sinead and live a healthy lifestyle. Unfortunately no amount of healthy living can beat bad genetics though. I guess I’m a little extra bitter and angry today and glutinous Sinead makes me more angry. Time to bow out. Apologies for offences caused

Reactions: 7
Sinead appears to enjoy her life. That’s fine but I can’t deny it irritates me watching her walk herself merrily down the path to chronic illness. There is so much more to life than the constant consumption of food and alcohol. It personally offends more so today because after 10 years of dealing with a chronic illness I find myself getting worse. I’m only a little older than Sinead and live a healthy lifestyle. Unfortunately no amount of healthy living can beat bad genetics though. I guess I’m a little extra bitter and angry today and glutinous Sinead makes me more angry. Time to bow out. Apologies for offences caused
Less judgement might mean less bitterness. As a young woman suffering from a chronic illness through no fault of your own I'm sure you face your share of judgement, which isn't nice at all.

Hope you are managing your illness OK, it is very difficult. Wishing you all the best 😊

Reactions: 3
Is the part about the health professionals ‘fat shaming’ her inside info?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.