Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I'm 42 in two months, single 5 years, my own house with a very small mortgage, my own car fully paid, a good job, a great family, great friends, a dog, a social life etc and i date regularly, I've not met one man i'd happily share any of it with right now! i'm open to finding that one though buttttt... i'm so content the thought of a man comin in and shittin on my parade FULL TIME gives me the ick... so let me tell ye ladies i'd take this life any day then what i read and see online and hear from people in 'relationships', miserable, having affairs and having kids coz society says you have too... were in 2021, lets normalize NOT living in the stone ages... and realise you can be very friggin happy without a man FULL TIME :)
have a good day :)

• Heart
Reactions: 70

Kiss me im irish

Yes there are many lifestyle choices which contribute to poor health outcomes, smoking being the big elephant in the room. Also alcohol and drug use is alarming high, particularly in Limerick. And the illnesses which result from these lifestyle choices significantly impact our health service. Obesity is the leading cause of death worldwide and whether that leads to unsavoury places or not, I apologise but it is fact. And yes we perform CPR on anyone that requires it but it is hugely more difficult to carry out CPR on an overweight/obese person. The higher the BMI index is, the lower the quality of CPR received becomes. It is almost impossible to compress the chest deep enough in accordance with CPR recommendations. And I have no issue with my tax money paying for our public health services but I do have a problem with those who dodge paying tax but will still expect us to perform miracles when their health concerns are primarily attributed to their own choices. Smoke, eat all the food, take all the drugs, drink all the alcohol, yes it is an individuals choice but don’t expect to arrive in A&E to nurses waving magic wands to fix it all and then get nasty when told it’s not possible and the damage is done. Yes we can treat a condition and manage symptoms but there isn’t always a magic cure.
If I knew then what I know now I would have been a vet. Animals are so much preferable to humans.
I tell you one thing I hope to god I never come
Across you as a nurse… your extremely opinionated when your supposed to have empathy towards service users.

• Heart
Reactions: 57

Surrealoneill

Chatty Member
This.

She is fuck all to aspire to. I'm a nurse. Whats wrong with being a person to help, care and worry about my patients?

Her "career" is solely money based. Look at all the jobs she said she had before. She obviously can't work under a Boss.
I’m a nurse in UHL and let me tell you after the 15 months we’ve put down she is the epitome of everything we hate to see coming through our doors. As I’m sure you aware we have to been to hell, and in some instances we are still there. I personally zipped up 11 body bags im one 14 hour shift in the height of this and what did we get as a thank you? A muffin on international nurses day. You know what stick your muffin where the sun doesn’t shine. We are hurting, we are bleeding at the seams and nobody cares. And then this one rocks on after walking 6km thinking we’ll all be ever so grateful. Fuck off Sinead.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 39

Scrollin4sca

Chatty Member
Ah lads can we move on from the fat, health, nurse and shape wear talk………… there’d be more fun at crosses funeral home then the last two pages of this thread!!! 🙈🙈🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 38

Cupântae

Chatty Member
But what does she have? No career, no home of her own, no family of her own, supposedly moving back in with her parents. So yeah she starting all over again.
The 1950's called, they want you back 🙄
People can successfully and fulfilling lives without owning a home or having a family.

As much as I dont like the girl, you are spouting nonsense. We're in the midst of a pandemic and her career, like many others up and down the country has been impacted. She'll be back singing, running events etc once the country is back up and running. She has the freedom to put her career first as she doesn't have a family/mortgage to worry about.

I know people in their 30's who have never moved out of their parents and are perfectly happy and others who are killing themselves trying to get a foot on the property ladder or who are struggling with huge mortgage payments.

There is more to life than having a house and 2.4 kids. That might be what you want for yourself but life isn't one size fits all.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Thump

VIP Member
I hate that she’s basically promoting obesity right now. Yes she was curvy at one point but that’s not the case now. Iv seen her in limerick and my god she could have passed as an expectant mother
Ah here, she’s “promoting” obesity? By her just existing is it? She’s not allowed to just exist in her body? Ffs, is it not time give it a rest with the body shaming in 2021?

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Thump

VIP Member
Me too and hopefully you won’t. After 20 years of verbal and physical abuse from patients it’s hard to find the empathy anymore. When you’ve had someone throw their faeces at you and spit in your face because their angry they must remain attached to oxygen at all times and there’s no available to accompany them outside for a cigarette come back and talk to me then
Maybe it’s time to move into a non-hospital based role then if that’s how you feel. The inefficiency of the running of the HSE is the biggest waste of money in the health service, not treating fat people, so there’s bound to be a desk job there for you.

Reactions: 29

Blueducks101

I’m sorry but I would be mortified to show that dinner off! I’m all for a quick dinner some evenings especially after a long day at work but this is gas! Having her parents over for the evening and treating them to a boil in the bag centra rice and a jar of uncle bens why on earth would you even be displaying that to your followers the dessert then a couple of meringue nests and cream from a can and she proud as a Cheshire Cat showing it off it’s bizarre! 🤣🤣

• Haha

Jellybb

VIP Member
Ah here, she’s “promoting” obesity? By her just existing is it? She’s not allowed to just exist in her body? Ffs, is it not time give it a rest with the body shaming in 2021?
True! I hate all the talk about her weight

I hate that she’s basically promoting obesity right now. Yes she was curvy at one point but that’s not the case now. Iv seen her in limerick and my god she could have passed as an expectant mother
Also.. could you please tell me how she is promoting obesity? Because she is out in town? Should all overweight people hide indoors or something?

Last edited:
  • Heart

Kiss me im irish

Me too and hopefully you won’t. After 20 years of verbal and physical abuse from patients it’s hard to find the empathy anymore. When you’ve had someone throw their faeces at you and spit in your face because their angry they must remain attached to oxygen at all times and there’s no available to accompany them outside for a cigarette come back and talk to me then
I am talking to you I am also a nurse. Your appaling. Can’t believe you would speak like that of people. I think it’s time you quit nursing clearly isn’t for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Columbo

VIP Member
You know I’ve never read anything like this on the SoSue thread. She seems to live on a diet of Dominos pizza, sweets and wine and is allegedly a drug taker too but she’s naturally slim so maybe that’s why there’s no nurses on her thread suggesting she doesn’t deserve the healthcare that medical staff are paid to provide.

I’m actually shocked and appalled at how some you view women of a “certain age” being single as such a negative thing! You know it is possible for a women in her mid to late 30’s to be single, happy and thriving 💁🏻‍♀️ Lets face it I’m sure we all know plenty of people within that age bracket and beyond in relationships/marriages that are miserable as sin! Some of the best times and experiences in a persons life can be what some of you call “starting over” in such a negative way. Why can’t it be seen as a positive thing that someone has an opportunity to focus on themselves and get out of a toxic or unhappy situation?!

Edit: This isn’t a sore point for me either before anyone jumps on that bandwagon. I’m in a cery happy and loving relationship but after a lot of time in my 30’s happily single and focusing on me

Last edited:

JillZarin

Chatty Member
Just because someone is overweight it does not mean they're unhealthy. Do you have access to that person's blood work or medical records? Maybe you should look at your own ability to judge someone based solely on their appearance. (Ps it is called anti fat bias).

It is like when someone comments that so and so is looking great, they're after loosing a couple of stone (when so and so has been diagnosed with cancer and couldn't be at a worse place health wise).

Stop judging people's appearances, you have no clue.

Reactions: 27

Thump

VIP Member
But it’s not just her business though really, because one day it’s going to become the business of some nurse/doctor who has to perform CPR when she drops of a heart attack. Thereby becoming the business of our health service which we all contribute towards in our taxes (excluding tax dodger Sinead of course)
There are many lifestyle choices which contribute to poor health outcomes, not just weight, be it too high or too low but we don’t see those choices held up to the same scrutiny here. Medics perform CPR on many people, not just fat people. We all pay for all kinds of services through general taxation and we don’t get to dictate who can avail of them. I for one have private health insurance but I still contribute to the public health system that I don’t use (thank god!) and rightly so, the social welfare system I don’t benefit from except the universal child benefit all parents here get. That kind of argument could go any number of unsavoury places for example if we examined the cost of the single parent social welfare subsidies to the taxpayer. General taxation funds public services and supports. A fat person is no less entitled to avail of them than anyone else in society but fat people are an easy target.

Reactions: 27

Susan1981

That's horrendous and so maddening. We should ask them what's the point having this one advertising for them if you can't actually book. They're losing customers instead of gaining them.
Wahahaha I just messaged them and asked them. I'm on one today, foul humour and she is making it worse. Ya know what I did when I broke up with my bf during the pandemic? I went to work everyday in the hospital and didn't get a free fucking trip away. She'd want a fucking slap.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Watchwoman

Chatty Member
the weight shaming is just awful to see.
she’s isn’t promoting her size. That’s her size.
even if you don’t like it, she’s not asking you to join her on the scales.

• Heart
Reactions: 25