Simone Scribes

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's bought a house to renovate, so I'd say the ads are going to be coming hot and fast to help pay for it - tbh, I'd do the same if I was in that position, but it does take a bit of the shine off her content.

I like Simone, she's always been up front about getting botox. If you're looking at her skin and thinking it's a cream or serum that has her forehead that smooth, you need to have a word with yourself 😂 I would take her recommendations with a tiny grain of salt; she works in Digital Beauty and clearly has a working relationship with a number of brands e.g. inkey list. She features those brands heavily, so I wouldn't be rushing out to purchase those products without doing my own research. She gives good general skincare advice though, like the steps you should have, how to use acids, etc, so I find value in her content.

The one bugbear I have with Simone is the instagram pod with Joanne Larby - maybe you don't have a choice as to the pod you're assigned into, but Jesus...I would not want to be associating myself with Joanne in any capacity.

I always wondered what happened between Simone and Laura (BuyNowBlogLater), they used to be best buds. Wish Laura came back with her instagram recs and talk throughs, she was great back in the day 😢

I do feel sorry for Simone with the whole anxiety situation she's dealing with, must be terrifying to have had such a physical response to anxiety. On the other hand, I'm not surprised her body gave out, with the constant moving around during a pandemic, it'd give anyone a panic attack. I think her little boy had a serious accident last year which prompted it, but her lifestyle in general just seems so hectic.

That was an essay 😅 None of my friends follow her, glad I came across this thread!

Reactions: 8
She's bought a house to renovate, so I'd say the ads are going to be coming hot and fast to help pay for it - tbh, I'd do the same if I was in that position, but it does take a bit of the shine off her content.

I like Simone, she's always been up front about getting botox. If you're looking at her skin and thinking it's a cream or serum that has her forehead that smooth, you need to have a word with yourself 😂 I would take her recommendations with a tiny grain of salt; she works in Digital Beauty and clearly has a working relationship with a number of brands e.g. inkey list. She features those brands heavily, so I wouldn't be rushing out to purchase those products without doing my own research. She gives good general skincare advice though, like the steps you should have, how to use acids, etc, so I find value in her content.

The one bugbear I have with Simone is the instagram pod with Joanne Larby - maybe you don't have a choice as to the pod you're assigned into, but Jesus...I would not want to be associating myself with Joanne in any capacity.

I always wondered what happened between Simone and Laura (BuyNowBlogLater), they used to be best buds. Wish Laura came back with her instagram recs and talk throughs, she was great back in the day 😢

I do feel sorry for Simone with the whole anxiety situation she's dealing with, must be terrifying to have had such a physical response to anxiety. On the other hand, I'm not surprised her body gave out, with the constant moving around during a pandemic, it'd give anyone a panic attack. I think her little boy had a serious accident last year which prompted it, but her lifestyle in general just seems so hectic.

That was an essay 😅 None of my friends follow her, glad I came across this thread!
I agree with your view of her beauty recommendations

I am an AVID beauty fan, makeup to a waaaay lesser extent but I too find value in her beauty chats but yes grain of salt

She definitely is getting paid promotions
That oat cleanser from Inkey list is definitely one I would not agree with it’s like Vaseline 🤮

What happened her son? I must have missed that

she was renovating a house before they left for the middle east, I presume it’s the same one?

Reactions: 3
I agree with your view of her beauty recommendations

I am an AVID beauty fan, makeup to a waaaay lesser extent but I too find value in her beauty chats but yes grain of salt

She definitely is getting paid promotions
That oat cleanser from Inkey list is definitely one I would not agree with it’s like Vaseline 🤮

What happened her son? I must have missed that

she was renovating a house before they left for the middle east, I presume it’s the same one?
She wrote a piece for heyday I think, and referenced a traumatic visit to a&e with her son. Must have badly injured himself somehow. She didn't specify anything, which is fair enough when it's a personal situation.

I think they own a house in Dublin and were fixing that up (don't quote me on that), but they've bought a derelict house to renovate. Only know this from another piece she wrote recently about viewing a derelict property. I'd guess it might be back down in Galway, or rural anyway. They must be on serious money!

*I feel bad commenting on a thread about her, because I do really like her and her content, but I can see how she would rub people up the wrong way with the spotlight ads, etc 😂

Reactions: 4
I think they own a house in Dublin and were fixing that up (don't quote me on that), but they've bought a derelict house to renovate. Only know this from another piece she wrote recently about viewing a derelict property. I'd guess it might be back down in Galway, or rural anyway. They must be on serious money!

*I feel bad commenting on a thread about her, because I do really like her and her content, but I can see how she would rub people up the wrong way with the spotlight ads, etc
Oh yes I think you're right, I remember her posting about a derelict house in Galway. Makes sense. I think they had finished the renovation of the house in Dublin, they bought that when they first came back to Dublin from Dubai.

I've tried some products on her recommendation - the Avene aqua gel moisturiser is amazing, not so keen on the Inkey list stuff, does nothing for me.

Reactions: 2
I do love her photography style with the product layouts...It pleases the eye 😅

she loves Galway..or is from there?

the Avene water gel is amazing for thirsty skin..I slather it on like a mask the odd time..it is like a drink!

I loved looking at her coffee shops etc from Dubai and Oman or Bahrain was it. Very interesting to see shops, street life etc from there

Reactions: 5
I feel a bit bad being on this page, too, haha! I have followed her for several years and I do like her. Don't have anything "negative" to say about her. I'm just intrigued by her lifestyle. Herself and the husband must be on amazing salaries with all the moving around!! I'm baffled by the house thing. She was back in Dublin doing up a house, but was very open about how unhappy she was during that period and moved back to Middle East. Now suddenly she is back again (apparently doing up a different house from what I'm reading here). Just seems like a 180 given she said Middle East is where she was homesick for.

Like a couple of you above, I'm a skincare obsessive, and I research everything I'm considering buying thoroughly. So I watch her posts on that more out of curiosity about new products, etc. Wouldn't outright influence me to buy something at all. I follow dermatologists and professionally trained estheticians and I'd take their expertise on board before a sponsored ad for the Inkey List.

• Heart
I don’t mind her in the sense that she seems like a normal person and not super flashy or encouraging consumption all the time

but I think the tone of her content is pretty contrived. She wrote a couple of captions that were higher quality than the usual (not hard considering she worked for a magazine) and it went to her head. It doesn’t feel authentic and seems highly blind to her privilege. She has had some tough experiences but in the grand scheme of things she is hella lucky

also she was weirdly defensive about covering up when she lived in saudi

Yeah not sure what I make of her, I think her page is very superficial. Like I don't feel like I know much about her.
I do get the impression that she really plugs certain products and I'm not quite sure if it's genuinely because she thinks they are so good or because their is some kind of partnership going on.
I also find and this is probably just a personal thing and I'm being abit of a witch but her voice and how she speaks irritates me🙈

I I followed her when she moved to Saudi. I just had zero interest in shots of someone swanning around, take away coffee in hand, in a full abaya and veil.

I can't understand why all the travelling. I know she hated Dublin, but Dubai - Dublin - Saudi - Galway (or wherever) in the space of 3 years is bananas. Before she left for Saudi she was mad to leave Ireland, I listened to Orlas podcast with her and she was banging on about her future being in the Middle East, basically. I wonder what prompted such a drastic and quick return?

I I followed her when she moved to Saudi. I just had zero interest in shots of someone swanning around, take away coffee in hand, in a full abaya and veil.

I can't understand why all the travelling. I know she hated Dublin, but Dubai - Dublin - Saudi - Galway (or wherever) in the space of 3 years is bananas. Before she left for Saudi she was mad to leave Ireland, I listened to Orlas podcast with her and she was banging on about her future being in the Middle East, basically. I wonder what prompted such a drastic and quick return?
You’d wonder if all the anxiety and incident with her son promoted the return. She said in stories she was getting professional help with the anxiety, maybe structure and routing were recommended? Only guessing. She seems nice, but atm boring! Near to unfollowing, no interest in grazing plates, rose and the way she applies the skincare like it’s some sacred ritual!

It’s been mentioned here if you track back, he had some sort of accident, no details but I would think it caused some truama to her family unit.
thanks, didn’t know that, only a recent follower to this thread :)

God I am beyond sick of the close ups of her bog standard skin. I only follow her because I love seeing new skincare bits but the adores herself and his so annoying. Her skin isn’t that amazing at all would she ever stop

• Haha
God I am beyond sick of the close ups of her bog standard skin. I only follow her because I love seeing new skincare bits but the adores herself and his so annoying. Her skin isn’t that amazing at all would she ever stop
that Floraison place she went for the facials.. looks v good
I’d love a Biologiqye Researche facial they’re stuff is supposed to be amazing

I see she’s off for botox too soon

Reactions: 3
that Floraison place she went for the facials.. looks v good
I’d love a Biologiqye Researche facial they’re stuff is supposed to be amazing

I see she’s off for botox too soon
Can vouch for Floraison, Dawn is incredible. If you want to treat yourself highly recommend a facial there (Not gifted, ad or collab to be very clear 😂)

Reactions: 1