Simon Cowell

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
you might be right, I’m just not sure what he’s achieving by hiding a serious illness

He's a control freak who always has to be in charge of the narrative.He's also an Alpha male who would probably see being sick as a sign of weakness.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
Being seriously ill concentrates the mind. Maybe he doesn’t want the sympathy, the pity, the knowing looks. People react differently to big events. I think I would try and contain the news if I were in the same boat. Privacy and being discreet seems odd when every cough and fart ends up on some peoples social media. But it used to be the norm.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 11
I take it they're not doing the annual pilgrimage to Sandy Lane in Barbados this year? I've not seen any pics..........
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
The fact that he wasn't taking part in that new show of his just before Christmas was what made me think that he is genuinely ill and not just people making stuff up.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
I don't think he knows how to be open about anything in his life..... everything with him seems to serve two purposes: Make him money, or keep his name in the public conscious.
He used to use a lot of sex workers back in the day “Simon of Holland Park” Very nice; big tipper. Allegedly 😉
 
  • Wow
  • Like
Reactions: 10
He’s wearing a wetsuit in the photo of him in the jet ski. Usually he doesn’t give a toss who sees his moobs. I think he’s probably lost so much weight and is trying to hide it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
I'm sure that's an old photo that People.com are using, there literally is not one article or photograph of him in Barbados this Christmas.

He normally has Backgrid there taking pap shots.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
Blimey, I've not followed Simon Cowell's career since the X factor hayday and after reading this thread I looked up some pics and yes he does look awfully thin and unwell. At the age of 61 you don't just lose all that weight (even intentionally, you don't lose that much muscle in your arms and legs).

I think he's been a chain smoker since he was a teen, I remember hearing he and Cheryl would literally run out the x factor studio every commercial break for a smoke.

It's weird how his health declining has correlated with his popularity and fame decline too. His fame definitely peaked in the 00s, I don't think the X factor was really that popular past what 2016? I'm not sure if he's still popular in the US? Plus BGT has also had it's day too.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 10
He is a c*nt but he wasn't always Mr. Nasty in terms of his TV persona. Pete Waterman was more like that and then when Pete didn't want to do anymore "talent" show stuff, Simon adopted that persona, seeing how well it worked for Pete.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
He is a c*nt but he wasn't always Mr. Nasty in terms of his TV persona. Pete Waterman was more like that and then when Pete didn't want to do anymore "talent" show stuff, Simon adopted that persona, seeing how well it worked for Pete.
I agree Pete was Mr Nasty, Cowell came over as a cold fish in those days.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
I always thought this moment (from the very end of 2019) was quite odd.

They’d been raising money and showing VTs for those same charities for about a decade at this point and he’d never broken down before. Lauren running to hug him, Dermot and Louis obviously knowing that something was upsetting him but letting it go unsaid…

Just a very odd vibe.

 
  • Like
  • Sad
Reactions: 4