Silent Witness

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just watched part 2 of this week’s and I’m not sure I fully understood what happened, who was the true baddie etc! It felt like it ended with some threads still loose but not in an intentional way.

I hate to say this but I think they would do well to freshen up the series by getting rid of Emilia Fox. Nikki feels so two dimensional these days and I still can’t buy her and jack. The chemistry between her and Harry was palpable, but they just threw in one near death experience and suddenly Jack had a huge crush on her and Nikki was doing some cringey karaoke singing to angels. It came out of absolutely nowhere.

Reactions: 3
I’ve just watched part 2 of this week’s and I’m not sure I fully understood what happened, who was the true baddie etc! It felt like it ended with some threads still loose but not in an intentional way.

I hate to say this but I think they would do well to freshen up the series by getting rid of Emilia Fox. Nikki feels so two dimensional these days and I still can’t buy her and jack. The chemistry between her and Harry was palpable, but they just threw in one near death experience and suddenly Jack had a huge crush on her and Nikki was doing some cringey karaoke singing to angels. It came out of absolutely nowhere.
It did feel a bit ... weird that Nikki and Jack made someone's funeral all about them, hardly the time or place! "Someone's just died tragically, let's flirt near the grave and gush about how much we love each other." No thank you

IIRC, it came from fans on Twitter and elsewhere who started shipping Nikki and Jack, and the show followed suit. Essentially fan service.

I am quite looking forward to next weeks episode, the storyline seems a lot better than the one this week.

I'm still struggling with the Lyell and the staff within it. Nikki would be much better as the Head, or at least a strong male lead as Gabriel I'm sorry to say just isn't it. Still not at all fussed if we ever see Velvy or Cara again, it's like they make the storylines fit the character rather than the other way round.

It’s really unclear to me what Velvy’s job is, maybe it’s just my lack of knowledge but I presumed a forensic pathologists assistant and an SOC forensics assistant were 2 separate jobs, he seems to cover both.

I miss when they used to have another case happening, back in the day whilst Nicky/Harry worked on a case they’d have also investigating another. Gabriel just hangs about and it does the character no favours

Reactions: 1
That was the first time I can remember going straight to iplayer for part 2. A really gripping, creepy story

• Heart
Why couldn't the rest of the episodes have been as good as this one. I loved it.

I thought the case this week was really really good, it reminded me of episodes of old with lots of intrigue!

Not sure why for a case that was sworn to secrecy Cara is just sat there as work experience and then offering to help out? But I guess that's the suspension of reality. You can also tell what a difference it makes when you have someone like Hermione Norris in one of the lead roles, she stood out more than the main regular cast.

The only thing that annoyed me was at the start when Nikki decided to make a morgue on site, Gabriel was obviously angry at her decision making (infact I don't think I've ever seen him smile), and you just know Leo or Thomas would've loved and fully embraced this case. Gabriel looked completely out of his depth.

I didn't think the resolution was as good as the rest of the story, but definitely one of the best in a long time.

Reactions: 5
I didn't think the resolution was as good as the rest of the story, but definitely one of the best in a long time.
I thought it would suit a good old fashioned serial killer obsessed with the depths of the tunnels underground in London rather than another kind of corruption case.

Reactions: 2
Lots of loose ends.

Why shoot him?

Why the other policeman in the canal?

Who is going to get killed then? Nikki or Jack?

Latest episode confused me.

- who was the bloke Russell was caring for?
- if Keith did know about the bodies, why did he need to kill Russell off?

Latest episode confused me.

- who was the bloke Russell was caring for?
- if Keith did know about the bodies, why did he need to kill Russell off?

- Think Russell was caring for his dad.

- Keith didn't know about the bodies.

None tied up