Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kim Mild

VIP Member
Going to Wimpy for a burger.

I loved hippy shops in my early teens. The smell of incense makes me feel nostalgic

Reactions: 7

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
Does anyone remember Adams kids? I noticed in my wardrobe today I have a tiny Adams coat hanger in there, age 2-3! It would've been from when I was a kid in the 80s/90s!
Oh my god I just had a massive flashback of being in there as a kid when my mum was buying me clothes and they had an light that was projected in the shape of an apple that moved across the floor - and I’d always try and chase it.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
Oasis in Birmingham. Would spend the whole day there, clothes shopping, getting a piercing and eating at the cafe and drinking Schnapple

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Rainbow1

VIP Member
I loved Pilot clothes, anyone else remember that store?
Yes used to get school trousers from there they were this awful black stretchy material that used to go so shiny, also at the seam on the bum the white elastic used to come out ‘bum fluff’ everyone called it 🤣

• Haha

memoii11

VIP Member
Woolworths, BHS, Etam, Tammy girl, Jane Norman, toys r us, blockbuster, the village shop where you'd get pick n mix and each sweet was either 1 or 2p.

• Heart

Sugarhoney

VIP Member
Miss selfridge in the 90s is nothing like today’s shop. Like a totally different shop. I remember going in when I was like 10 (and Tammy was my idea of heaven) and thinking I wanna be a Miss Selfridge girl with the metallic baby pink lipsticks :ROFLMAO: I loved growing up in the 90s, what an era.

loved body shop, always went for the satsuma range, bath pearls and oils. Probably awful for the environment but they felt like a real treat.
Not a shop but can any remember the catalogue companies, great universal? Gratton? I used to go through them and mark which clothes I wanted hahaha

• Haha

Lalla

VIP Member
Romford Market back in the 80s and early 90s when it was bloody massive and sold everything. Especially the stalls where it was all current season Top Shop and Miss Selfridge (and clearly fell off the back of a lorry...)

When I was a teenager me and my mum would sometimes go there shopping and then after for a pizza at Pizza Hut. We used to share the smallest pizza and a salad bowl 😁 and I just remember feeling so grown up being there and not Mcds or Wimpy!

Snob was a favourite shop; also a few years later Pilot - I still have a feather boa trimmed lacy thing I bought from there in about 1996 😂

• Heart

Titntat

VIP Member
Can’t believe Rapid has gone, that Was such a bril shop a bit like an Aladdin's cave! Last time I was up in Liverpool it had moved near the M&S. How sad. It wassad enough when Lewis’s closed, that was a beautiful shop to walk around!

Tammy Girl was ace. I’d run up thestairs to Tammy and my mum would shop down stairs in Etam.

loved Bay and Select (such horrible clothes looking back though lol!) Morgan clothing as wel

I’m a midlands girl so Not sure if it’s a midlands shop but the old Coop department stores and Alders! Spent many a Christmas in both with my mum frantically shopping !
Used to love our co op. Used to get kicked out every Saturday for jumping on the beds 😂

• Haha

Peachy9

VIP Member
Not in the slightest but my Mum dressed me and my twin Sister so well.
I remember begging my mum to let me go out on my own round the block in my neon lemon crop top and matching trousers with built in wrap skirt (it's called fashion hunney, look it up) from Traffic. Not sure if that was just an Essex shop or the whole of the UK got to enjoy it. Such cheap tat, but seemed like such high end fashion to a child 😭

That outfit wouldn't have aged so well, I imagine

• Haha

bubbletea123

VIP Member
WH Smith (lol): Reminds me of being a kid. I loved going and buying books from there and just before school was restarting, I would go and get some stationary, a new pencil case, and smelly gel pens.

Woolworths: Loved the pick n mix.

The Body Shop: I am a 90s baby but there's something really nostalgic for me about The Body Shop although it is still around. The satsuma scent reminds me of being a kid and the strawberry one.

Blockbuster: Like others said, I loved browsing the videos and then grabbing some sweets. My favourite video to get as a kid was See Spot Run or A Little Princess. Haha.

Harry Ramsdens: Loved their fish bites.

Matalan: This is an odd one but I have been having REALLY vivid dreams about going there recently. Maybe it is because as a teenager I worked there and am nostalgic for simpler times.

Marks and Spencers: It's a long time since I lived in the UK and am really missing M&S (another I have been dreaming about, lol, as well as Primark). Love Percy Pigs and miss them so much, as well as their packaged desserts and their salt and vinegar twist crisps.

Pret a Manger: There is NOTHING like it in Canada and I wish they would open up here. Miss their love bars/lattes, their halloumi and falafel hot wrap, their baguettes...yum.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Titntat

VIP Member
Tammy! I think it was called that. I thought I was so cool wearing stuff from there.
That was such a cool shop. I always used to make sure I was wearing my tammy pants for p.e 😂

And them t shirts with different coloured sleeves to the body. Ours used to be above an adult clothes shop, but cant remeber what it was called.

And block buster used to go there every friday for a video with my mum and dad. They never let me have fizzy pop from the fridge 😂

Once we got a fine because we didnt post the video back in time. My mum went ape shit and we didnt go back for a while 🙄

Jane Norman... purely for their plastic bags for my PE kit
Jane norman for the school bag and the carrier bag for your p.e kit 😂 sometimes I used to take a JD sports one, just to spice things up.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

cuttle90

That was such a cool shop. I always used to make sure I was wearing my tammy pants for p.e 😂
And them t shirts with different coloured sleeves to the body. Ours used to be above an adult clothes shop, but cant remeber what it was called.

Jane norman for the school bag and the carrier bag for your p.e kit 😂 sometimes I used to take a JD sports one, just to spice things up.
We used to have tammy in the town where I live, it was above an etam shop I think...? Used to buy all sorts from there especially when I went through my many phases. Particurlary remember bright pink trousers with loads of strips of pink fabric coming off them and baggy flared jeans with pink chains... dear god :oops: :ROFLMAO:

Ahaha I had forgot about the Jane Norman bags for PE think I had a blue and a lemon coloured one - buying the cheapest thing in the shop to get them haha!!

Did anyone else have McDonalds birthday parties???? Like in the McDonald’s restaurants and just sectioned off with chairs 😂 thinking about it now it was weird but we loved it as kids
Yep I had a birthday party in MD's, don't think it would have quite the same effect these days...!

The Body Shop: I am a 90s baby but there's something really nostalgic for me about The Body Shop although it is still around. The satsuma scent reminds me of being a kid and the strawberry one.
Oh you have just reminded me I had a satsusma lip oil I think it was like a lip gloss but with a roller ball type top and it was in a small glass bottle. I took it to middle school and dropped it in the toilets in my first year. The place stunk of it and I never owned up to it... even when I left 4 years it still has a faint orange smell in those particular toilets

La Senza - I bought my first ‘grown up’ bra there with Christmas money I must of been about 14 it was a push up, purple with the cartoon ‘Little Miss Naughty’ embroidered on, in the first size I picked up as had no clue on sizes and too shy to ask, all bought without my Mums knowledge and kept it hidden Incase she found it 🤣
I did the same, around the same age - went in with my 'boyfriend' at the time thinking we were so cool. Must have looked like right d*cks haha! Think I bought a lovely pink totally not age appropriate number :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

aimz_yeah

Chatty Member
I remember going with my mother as a young child into the Off licence, a branch of odd bins to be exact. It was cool and dark inside, and smell vaguely of wine. I don't know what my mother was doing in there, she's never been a big drinker. But I also remember it used to be the ONLY place you could buy kettle chips, they were in a big basket next to the fancy wine. Isn't that mad? Now there are so few off licences left, and none around here.

I also miss Blockbuster video. I remember walking around the block to my local one as a teenager to rent DVDs or games. I also remember as a child going there to pick out videos. The desperate excitement when you went to the counter to check whether the film you had selected was in stock! I also recall sneaking around to the 18+ shelves and being freaked out by the front cover of Hellraiser. It also used to be the only place you could buy toffee popcorn and malteasers in a box. Did Blockbuster have some sort of deal going on with butterkist?

Now of course you can buy all the booze, kettle chips and toffee popcorn that you want from the supermarket, but I don't know, it's less special?

I always used to see the hellraiser video in my local store and think oh god that looks awful and always remembered his face. I'm an adult and have now read the synopsis and glad all I ever saw was the video box. But its certainly one of the most striking covers for a film.

• Heart

Mammyontheedge

McDonalds when they had the polystyrene packaging, I know so wrong but it tasted so much better!!
Woolworths for their pick and mix ups