Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

101d

VIP Member
Tammy! I think it was called that. I thought I was so cool wearing stuff from there.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

FunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
Tammy Girl was GOALS but whenever I dragged my mum in she would go round sniffing ‘I could make you that!’
wouldn’t have the label in it though would it mother?! Not. The. Same.

• Haha
Reactions: 17

navybluewolf

Chatty Member
Tammy! I think it was called that. I thought I was so cool wearing stuff from there.
Yes Tammy girl was the shit but I was too tall and fat as a child to wear anything from there. 🤣 Mark One was also the coolest. I remember seeing their clothes in Mizz magazine.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13

hrh89

VIP Member
Did anyone else have McDonalds birthday parties???? Like in the McDonald’s restaurants and just sectioned off with chairs 😂 thinking about it now it was weird but we loved it as kids

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
They still have Tammy and Etam in Europe, so funny seeing it open! I was obsessed. Got my first thong in there (black with horny devil written on it). How grim is that - I must have been 13!

• Haha
  • Heart

Rainbow1

VIP Member
La Senza - I bought my first ‘grown up’ bra there with Christmas money I must of been about 14 it was a push up, purple with the cartoon ‘Little Miss Naughty’ embroidered on, in the first size I picked up as had no clue on sizes and too shy to ask, all bought without my Mums knowledge and kept it hidden Incase she found it 🤣

Gadget Shop- Inflatable backpack... of course

Warner Bros Shops- I remember it had a car/ride in middle of the store

Jane Norman- used to go in with friends, nominate someone to ask the girls on the till if we could have a bag... oh the shame 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

neo_wales

I'm 65 so there are a few places/shops I think about from time to time. One is the Anderson bomb shelter in my gran's garden which became my 'den'. She'd make me sanwiches and a bottle of (home made) lemonade and an apple and off I'd go with my little transistor radio...happy days :)

• Heart

Prgirl_cesca

VIP Member
90s McDonald's. Where it cost 49p for a Hamburger, the kids parties were immense and the phonebooth outside always had a queue for everyone reverse charging their friends house to find out where they are. Where I grew up it was always the meeting place for everyone 😊 Proper 90s nostalgia and a simpler time before smartphones.

• Heart

memoii11

VIP Member
Does anyone remember Adams kids? I noticed in my wardrobe today I have a tiny Adams coat hanger in there, age 2-3! It would've been from when I was a kid in the 80s/90s!

• Heart

hrh89

VIP Member
Definitely agree with Tammy Girl and Woolworths! The one I have such vivid memories of is Blockbuster. Every Friday spending a good hour walking around the aisles trying to pick just one film, the smell of the plastic tape cases and the popcorn all mixed together. Then posting the tape back through the little letterbox outside the shop. What a different time 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10

Fenella

Chatty Member
Woolworths- no other pick n mix has ever come close.

Body Shop when they had the glass bottles with the glass sticks to test perfumes (especially Dewberry)

I also miss bath pearls, I’m sure they were unenvironmentally friendly but I loved popping them in a bath!

ETA- and there was a stall in our indoor market that had rows and rows of every colour of Stargazer nail varnish, before all the main brands did mad colours, it was heaven picking out just the right shade of turquoise or pastel yellow that I wanted.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

navybluewolf

Chatty Member
I remember going with my mother as a young child into the Off licence, a branch of odd bins to be exact. It was cool and dark inside, and smell vaguely of wine. I don't know what my mother was doing in there, she's never been a big drinker. But I also remember it used to be the ONLY place you could buy kettle chips, they were in a big basket next to the fancy wine. Isn't that mad? Now there are so few off licences left, and none around here.

I also miss Blockbuster video. I remember walking around the block to my local one as a teenager to rent DVDs or games. I also remember as a child going there to pick out videos. The desperate excitement when you went to the counter to check whether the film you had selected was in stock! I also recall sneaking around to the 18+ shelves and being freaked out by the front cover of Hellraiser. It also used to be the only place you could buy toffee popcorn and malteasers in a box. Did Blockbuster have some sort of deal going on with butterkist?

Now of course you can buy all the booze, kettle chips and toffee popcorn that you want from the supermarket, but I don't know, it's less special?

• Heart
Reactions: 9

nbt

VIP Member
I’ve loved reading through these posts! No new shops to add but in full agreement with Tammy, C&A, Woolworths and Blockbusters.

When I was at secondary school, after the first year of wearing the “sensible” M&S trousers, I remember begging by mum to buy me the shitty trousers from the market that flared at the bottom when they got wet. She refused, I had to buy them myself with my pocket money. They cost £11 so I used to save. We used to stand in puddles and let them soak up the rain 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8