Shops or places you feel nostalgic for

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Woolworths - stealing the pic’n’mix sweets
Our price to spend allll my pocket money
What everyone wants to buy white musk body spray

Reactions: 3
Woolworths- no other pick n mix has ever come close.

Body Shop when they had the glass bottles with the glass sticks to test perfumes (especially Dewberry)

I also miss bath pearls, I’m sure they were unenvironmentally friendly but I loved popping them in a bath!

ETA- and there was a stall in our indoor market that had rows and rows of every colour of Stargazer nail varnish, before all the main brands did mad colours, it was heaven picking out just the right shade of turquoise or pastel yellow that I wanted.
you just reminded me of ‘Spectacular’ nail varnish!

Reactions: 2
Borders - used to spend hours in there on a Saturday as a teenager. Hot chocolate from the cafe section, read all the American magazines, have a good browse of the books and listen to whatever cds they had on the listening stations. Pretty sure I never actually spent any money in there, besides the cafe.

I also miss bath pearls, I’m sure they were unenvironmentally friendly but I loved popping them in a bath!
Used to be obsessed with those! I'm sure I stained many a wall/carpet popping them outside of the bath.

Oasis in Birmingham. Would spend the whole day there, clothes shopping, getting a piercing and eating at the cafe and drinking Schnapple

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Tammy! I think it was called that. I thought I was so cool wearing stuff from there.
That was such a cool shop. I always used to make sure I was wearing my tammy pants for p.e 😂

And them t shirts with different coloured sleeves to the body. Ours used to be above an adult clothes shop, but cant remeber what it was called.

And block buster used to go there every friday for a video with my mum and dad. They never let me have fizzy pop from the fridge 😂

Once we got a fine because we didnt post the video back in time. My mum went ape tit and we didnt go back for a while 🙄

Jane Norman... purely for their plastic bags for my PE kit
Jane norman for the school bag and the carrier bag for your p.e kit 😂 sometimes I used to take a JD sports one, just to spice things up.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
90s McDonald's. Where it cost 49p for a Hamburger, the kids parties were immense and the phonebooth outside always had a queue for everyone reverse charging their friends house to find out where they are. Where I grew up it was always the meeting place for everyone 😊 Proper 90s nostalgia and a simpler time before smartphones.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Quiggins (an indoor market) in Liverpool and Kensington Market in London.
Holy Mary Mother of God, I miss being a gobby little goth at Quiggins. A real loss to Liverpool: it's just not the same without it.

I still remember buying tapes (TAPES!) at Woolies. And also the time I had twatted my head about an hour earlier and the concussion made me sick alllllll over the pic n mix aisle. I was about 3 but I still remember the look of horror on the face of the girl who had to mop it up. If you're reading this: sorry again, three decades later!

90s McDonald's. Where it cost 49p for a Hamburger, the kids parties were immense and the phonebooth outside always had a queue for everyone reverse charging their friends house to find out where they are. Where I grew up it was always the meeting place for everyone 😊 Proper 90s nostalgia and a simpler time before smartphones.
I loved my local one in the 90s for it's huge play area (mainly the ball pit)

McDonalds when they had the polystyrene packaging, I know so wrong but it tasted so much better!!
Woolworths for their pick and mix ups

Reactions: 5
Did anyone else have McDonalds birthday parties???? Like in the McDonald’s restaurants and just sectioned off with chairs 😂 thinking about it now it was weird but we loved it as kids

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Did anyone else have McDonalds birthday parties???? Like in the McDonald’s restaurants and just sectioned off with chairs 😂 thinking about it now it was weird but we loved it as kids
And the little toadstool tables?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Going to Woolworths and looking down the music aisle at the singles chart and buying a cd for £2.99 (or 3.99 I forget).

Reactions: 2
Going to Wimpy for a burger.

I loved hippy shops in my early teens. The smell of incense makes me feel nostalgic

Reactions: 7
Yes! And the birthday person could pick a friend and look around the kitchen- I made a milkshake and splodged the sauce onto a Big Mac! I imagine the health and safety rules don’t allow that nowadays!

• Haha
I worked for McD’s in the late 90’s and was a party host!

• Heart